Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-21-2008, 12:04 PM   #46
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Chad Ford is a moron - doesn't understand lottery

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonKGcelts
I understand the Lottery is a big deal to the nba, but can someone explain to me why they can't just do worse record gets highest pick? Is it because there are so many teams? There has to be some logical way to fix this, cause its kind of silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Exactly.

Why have 14 teams in the lottery? I haven't seen any of these know-it-alls explain the logic behind that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
I am not saying to get rid of the lottery.

You seem to think every bad team is tanking. Sometimes teams are just bad. Minny, Seatle and Memphis are bad teams and they are going to stay that way if they keep getting jumped over on lottery night by teams like Chicago and Portland.

I really don't give a crap. There is absolutely NO reason why teams should be rewarded for losing. Zero.

I'm glad they went to a lotto instead of just handing the worst team the #1 pick.

Teams are bad, year after year after year, because of bad front office personnel. They aren't doing their jobs, or they aren't qualified for their jobs. It's as simple as that.

Why are there 14 teams in the lotto? Because there should be.

I don't know what that one poster was talking about how only the top 4 get a shot at the #1 pick. I don't think that's the case. I think there's still something like a 1% chance that the #14 team will get it, but if you can show documentation otherwise, I'll hush up about it.

But the bottom line is, tanking is a problem, and losing teams shouldn't be rewarded.

My system would eliminate tanking completely. I say you put 14 balls in the lotto, and then just draw teams. The team that missed the playoffs by 1 game has the same chance at a high draft pick as the team that won 1 game.

Teams should absolutely NOT be rewarded for losing, and tanking becomes a bigger problem every year.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: