Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 05-20-2008, 12:15 PM   #1
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default The fate of Ramon Sessions?

Thought I'd try to keep discussion going in this forum by throwing out some fantasy questions every day or so.

Sessions was lights out for the last two weeks of the season, and led many owners to championships if they were quick on the draw when it came to waivers. But what does next season hold for him?

Mo Williams probably holds the starting gig in Milwaukee, at least for now, until we see how he recovers from surgery, especially considering his big contract ($7.75 million in 2008). Royal Ivey is expendable, so it leaves Ramon battling with Mo for PG duties for the Bucks. With Scott SKiles stepping in as the new head coach, who knows how the lineup in Milwaukee is going to shape up.

So the question is, where will you draft Sessions in September? A lot can happen between now and then, but what round do you take him in for now, and what do you see him doing throughout the season?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 12:54 PM   #2
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The fate of Ramon Sessions?

to early to call

I think their going to try to trade Mo Williams

but if not moved, he's gonna start
I'm inclined to say that the guy with the big contract will get the minutes.

But Ramon will dig into Mo's playing time.
maybe steal the job from Mo.

He's bigger, a better defender and distributes the ball and plays within the offense more than Mo.
But his value in H2H leagues will be like when Calderon's coming off the bench.....

But Mo stretches the offense and has the ability to step up if needed and make big plays. Mo can carry the offensive load in a way that Ramon just can't

I expect Mo to be traded especially is Miami gets a low pick and can't move up to get Rose.

Ramon is a late round draft pick at best just too much risk unless Mo gets moved.

Skiles more than likely is going to give Mo a 2nd chance and see how he does in his system. The old coach was more likely to sour on him and move on to Ramon.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think I'll touch Sessions on draft day. Lots of guys produce big when given the opportunity when the starter is out, but once the starter is back, things bet back to normal. Hilton Armstrong was putting up 20 pts regularly in the preseason and I was worried as a Tyson Chandler owner, but then I quickly realized that starters are usually starters for a reason.

However, if Milwaukee gets a top 2 pick and have Rose available, I could see them taking him and moving Mo Will. With Rose a rookie PG, Sessions will have a bit more value for a half season or so, but even still, I doubt I am using a draft pick on a Bucks backup PG. Plus, Skiles is a fantasy nightmare.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 PM   #4
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It ultimately comes down to pt just like any other fantasy player... terrance kinsey and walter herrmann were hot pickup last year, but were worthless this year. People can aim for Sessions, I have Beno on my radar...
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:37 AM   #5
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Yeah ..I won't be looking to draft him either..I'll be keepin an eye on him though!
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:07 AM   #6
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation

If he can carry his late season success into next year, Skiles won't be afraid to play small ball with Redd at SF, Mo at SG and Sessions at PG.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 11:59 AM   #7
nkjordan23
Great young streetballer

nkjordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Boy was I one of those who benefitted from this guy. Dropping 20+ dimes in a game and ripping off several steals was key. I won't be grabbing him come draft day, however, it should be interesting to see what happens with skiles coaching now. He likes tougher players and Sessions seems to be just that. Williams getting hurt all the time is not a good thing so I wouldnt be surprised to see a move somewhere in the off season involving Mo.
nkjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: