Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation
Default Miami Trades up for #1 pick?

Okay, most likely, Chicago picks D-Rose...

What are we (Heat) going to do? I definitely want Rose twice as badly as Beasley. I don't know how Beasley is beating Rose in the polls and in mock drafts but I'm sure that Chicago values Rose more than Beasley. So should we send some sort of package for number 1? This could entice the Bulls since they are not in desperate need for the PG, but a change is clearly needed in Chicago.

Thoughts?
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Miami Trades up for #1 pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteBaskets

What are we (Heat) going to do? I definitely want Rose twice as badly as Beasley. I don't know how Beasley is beating Rose in the polls and in mock drafts but I'm sure that Chicago values Rose more than Beasley. So should we send some sort of package for number 1? This could entice the Bulls since they are not in desperate need for the PG, but a change is clearly needed in Chicago.

Thoughts?

Prove to me that Miami wants Rose that much more than Beasley than we can discuss how they get him.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 PM   #3
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Nope 2 is as good as #1

this way they let the bulls chose who they get, and they dont look stupid if 1 of them doesnt pan out..
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #4
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

InfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputationInfiniteBaskets has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Prove to me that Miami wants Rose that much more than Beasley than we can discuss how they get him.

Okay I don't have some quoted article about how Pat Riley desperately wants Rose over Beasley, but... Thinking about it logically, Heat are in need of a PG. Not so much a SF/PF. Obviously, we can trade away the 2 pick, pick up a decent PG in the off season but there aren't that many available. I'm not going for a Gilbert in Miami I'd personally rather have Earl Boykins.

We'll see how things pan out. Beasley would make things as awkward for the Heat as Rose will for Hinrich and the Bulls.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

Quote:

Thoughts?

Huh?

Miami is getting Rose unless Kirk Hinrich gets traded. Then, if needed, cry about how you have to "settle" for Michael Beasley.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Not worth trading. Whichever one we get will be damn good
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
We'll see how things pan out. Beasley would make things as awkward for the Heat as Rose will for Hinrich and the Bulls.

Which is why the Bulls probably won't take Rose without trading Hinrich. They may even threaten to take Rose in negotiations with Riley (with no intention of taking him) in order to leverage a trade, but I don't think Riley would bite on that.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:29 PM   #8
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I think Miami is just happy to be guaranteed one of the two guys. I don't think at this point there in any position to go out and bargain with Chicago since they have nothing to give them. They'll sit there and take who's left and like it. At this point, you can't be 100% sure who that is at this point. I'm just glad both will be in the East barring a trade...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:35 PM   #9
rzp
Local High School Star

rzp has an OK reputation so far

Miami will be fine...

draft Beasley
MLE on Calderon
resign Wright
resign Davis (somehow i think this guy deserves another chance)
Haslem for Curry (Curry sux...but still a inside presence)

Calderon - Quinn
Wade - Cook
Marion - Davis
Beasley - Wright
Curry - Barron

Last edited by rzp : 05-20-2008 at 10:56 PM.
rzp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:37 PM   #10
JPR
Banned

JPR has decent reputation

I do not want D-Rose. that guy comes from a druggy ghetto azz family in chitown. he would never be able to make it in his hometown. it's beasley or bust!
JPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:49 PM   #11
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPR
I do not want D-Rose. that guy comes from a druggy ghetto azz family in chitown. he would never be able to make it in his hometown. it's beasley or bust!

From what I understand Beasley has had problems as well. Wade is from Chi-town and he was actually academically ineligible to play for his first season in Marquette. So I'd still take Rose over Beasley but we'll just wait and see.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #12
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I don't think the Heat could go wrong with either player, so why use up a potentially valuable "asset" to trade up only one spot?

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzp
Miami will be fine...

draft Beasley
MLE on Calderon
resign Wright
resign Davis (somehow i think this guy deserves another chance)
Haslem for Curry (Curry sux...but still a inside presence)

Calderon - Quinn
Wade - Cook
Marion - Davis
Beasley - Wright
Curry - Barron

Rick Davis is a proven loser.

Eddy Curry doesn't rebound.

Wright is just a prospect who won't live up to his potential.

Calderon will want more then the MLE.

Williams
Wade
Marion
Beasley
Haslem

Run n Gun.

Heat has no center besides Zo who is a back up. Earl Barron stinks so bad.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:53 PM   #14
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

If the Bulls do draft Rose then Paxson must try to trade for Elton Brand. The Bulls need that inside presense. A player who can put up 20 PPG.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:58 PM   #15
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Quote:
The Bulls need that inside presense. A player who can put up 20 PPG.

Zach Randolph
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: