Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-21-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default What could the Bulls get for Hinrich AND Gordon?

What could the Bulls get for Hinrich and Gordon? I think we should draft Rose and then trade those 2 guards for a true dominant post player... I know people will say Jermaine O'neal, but I think he is entering the twilight of his career ( even though he is still young)... injuries have a way of making a 29 year old play like he is 33..
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM   #2
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What could the Bulls get for Hinrich AND Gordon?

With the addition of the number 1 pick to the roster, I think the Bulls have the tools to trade for any single player available on the trade market. I don't think you trade both Hinrich and Gordon unless the right deal comes along. You make a combo package of one of those 2 along with Thomas or Gooden, and include Hughes if you can as a contract expirer for a season or two down the road. If Melo is at all attainable I still say the Bulls go after him. Then you don't need a low post scorer because you have a top 5 go to scorer at the SF position. Obviously if you go after Melo you would lose Deng in most cases but he is a proven star unlike Deng. Melo could probably average 30 with Rose running the point. If Elton Brand is attainable through trades, i don't see how the Clippers couldn't be interested in negotiating. They need to rebuild more likely than not with Maggette leaving most likely through FA and Brand most likely wants out of town as well. The Clips could use Hinrich since they have no PG, doubting Livingston future. Throw in Gooden or Thomas to compensate the Clippers low post situation, a player to go with Kaman. And if they want Larry Hughes, get rid of him.

I feel more positive than ever that the Bulls will find a player who wants out of their situation that can be traded and they have the nessecary pieces to go after that player. Paxson is in a driver's seat like never before.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

charlie vee

i would do a straight up trade of former hs teammates

trade luol straight up for charlie vee, yall won't regret it
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 04:54 PM   #4
bulls0704
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bulls0704 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
charlie vee

i would do a straight up trade of former hs teammates

trade luol straight up for charlie vee, yall won't regret it

You are kidding right? What has he done for Milwaukee? He shot under 30% for threes. He rarely plays defense. In fact Luol loves playing Milwaukee because He puts up points on Villanueva like its nothing and the only thing he does to stop him is foul him every once in a while. If he wasn't blowing Milwaukee out of the water then I don't expect him to do anything in Chicago. In Milwaukee you have Michael Redd who draws perimeter defense and you have Mo Williams who draws perimeter defense. With those 2 he should be getting plenty of kick-outs and open jump shots. Go to http://www.nba.com/playerfile/charli....html?nav=page and then you look to the right of his bio and you can compare guys season stats side by side. Deng is worth more than Villanueva.
bulls0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
DwadeOverLebron

nice response, but the name of the game is the same for all businesses, buy low sell high! luols #'s crushes charlie's omg do they ever! but charlie vee was lookin like a future allstar during his rookie campaign at toronto (i believe he scored 50 pts once and 40 twice in his rookie year)... than he gets traded to milwaukee and gets injured, during which milwaukee like idiots drafts jianian yi? wtf?!? obviously for reasons colored green, i can't wait to see the no nonesense skiles deal with the spoiled yi... anyways! the pf position was handed to yi on a platinum platter delivered by the victoria secret angels, so charlies #'s dipped tremendously along with his passion, stats, and over all love for the game, hey... i can't blame him he's still young, but the kid has tremendous potential in a up and down system, remember lamar odom? the ex #1 player in the nation he wasn't doing so well in his first couple of years either, but now he's flourishing in a uptempo ball movement laker basketball style, and also in the triangle high post, i believe charlie vee can develop into that type of player, while luol can't pass, he's a awkward ball handler that can only go in one direction, he can't play defense, oh and btw charlie vee wasn't gettin any burn when they were playin the bulls so he wasn't even deeing up luol, and they play different positions anyway, like i was saying earlier buy low sell high, if you can trade luol for charlie vee and add a couple of draft picks, we are potentially getting a much better end of the deal
Old 05-21-2008, 05:32 PM   #6
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
nice response, but the name of the game is the same for all businesses, buy low sell high! luols #'s crushes charlie's omg do they ever! but charlie vee was lookin like a future allstar during his rookie campaign at toronto (i believe he scored 50 pts once and 40 twice in his rookie year)... than he gets traded to milwaukee and gets injured, during which milwaukee like idiots drafts jianian yi? wtf?!? obviously for reasons colored green, i can't wait to see the no nonesense skiles deal with the spoiled yi... anyways! the pf position was handed to yi on a platinum platter delivered by the victoria secret angels, so charlies #'s dipped tremendously along with his passion, stats, and over all love for the game, hey... i can't blame him he's still young, but the kid has tremendous potential in a up and down system, remember lamar odom? the ex #1 player in the nation he wasn't doing so well in his first couple of years either, but now he's flourishing in a uptempo ball movement laker basketball style, and also in the triangle high post, i believe charlie vee can develop into that type of player, while luol can't pass, he's a awkward ball handler that can only go in one direction, he can't play defense, oh and btw charlie vee wasn't gettin any burn when they were playin the bulls so he wasn't even deeing up luol, and they play different positions anyway, like i was saying earlier buy low sell high, if you can trade luol for charlie vee and add a couple of draft picks, we are potentially g
etting a much better end of the deal

Buy low, sell high?? Deng hd a decent year for his standards...he will only get better... " Charlie Vee" is a bench scrub... is this a joke?
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #7
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

i saw a post that gordon might be really good if he will play for phoenix ... hmmmmmm would you want diaw for gordon straight up ?
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: What could the Bulls get for Hinrich AND Gordon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i saw a post that gordon might be really good if he will play for phoenix ... hmmmmmm would you want diaw for gordon straight up ?

Let's see...Diaw makes about $9 million/year for the next 4 years, and Gordon would probably want a comparable contract, so the money would work out.

I guess it would depend on if we get the Diaw of 2005/06 or the Diaw of the past two years. I don't see him being able to replicate his 13/7/6 year, especially since he has averaged 9.5/4.5/4.5 over the past two years. He's incredibly durable, I'll give him that, but I think I might actually take my chances with Gordon. Maybe Gordon for Raja Bell, because the Bulls still get a guy back that can shoot, but he can also play great defense. I doubt Phoenix would go for that though.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 PM   #9
DwadeOverLebron

yes sell high, you are selling luol deng for a potentially better player for less money which is charlie vee and getting possible draft picks for it like a darrel arthur, or even a mareese speights ( who might've been a top 5 pick if he stayed another year, basically a one inch shorter version of lamarcus alderidge )

luol is exactly what your getting, he's not gonna get better at ball handling, he's definitely not getting faster, and he can't create off the dribble or pass off the dribble which is what charlie vee is very good at. they play different positions, plus you can plug nocioni in for deng, whoes style is completely different from deng but when the game is over they put up very similar #'s given the same minutes.

your selling high in luol deng (he's already at his ceiling hes not getting any better than he already is, and you got noc who is a sparkplug and brings intensity and tough attitude)

and your buying low with charlie vee, and a possible draft pick

id make this trade in a milla sec!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: