Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #1
laview
Decent playground baller

laview has an OK reputation so far
Default would you trade your pick?

If you are the GM of your team, would you trade your pick now knowing the order? If so for what?

I like the Raptors, Sonics, and Houston so:

Sonics: they have tons of picks this year but I wouldn't trade the no. 4, who they could use to draft a big like Brook Lopez who has good offensive game. Combine with Durant at SG and Green at SF, they have a bright future.

Raptors: I don't like their current roster at all, they need another big time scorer to go with Bosh, and the 17th pick is not going to get you that. Unless they can package the 17th pick with either Ford or Calderon and someone valuable not name Bosh for a big time scorer like Redd or Magette or Josh Howard (just throwing out names) they might as well use the pick to get Hibbert who is a big body in the middle that can rebound and defend. They need the rebound and defense.

Houston: package the 1st and 2nd round pick for a decent veteran PF (not an undersized one). It is now or never for them.
laview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:00 PM   #2
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: would you trade your pick?

I would trade the pick of Charlotte, I think they had 9th? 11th? Still a decent pick, around lottery, I think that their loaded with talent and that they can trade it up for a decent back up or some legit defender, something that they really need. They have an incredible roster, just can't tighten things up.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:12 PM   #3
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yes, I would trade my pick for Pau Gasol.

oh, wait, we already did that!
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:17 PM   #4
laview
Decent playground baller

I do think the Sonics can get someone nice at the 4th pick, but they should think about packaging their 2nd rounders and the 24th for some veterans (someone in their early 30s who can still play for another 4-5 good years)
Old 05-21-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If we could get a serviceable vet point guard, Derek Fisher like, and a pick in the 20s for Jamaal Tinsley and #11, I'd do it.

Or I'd trade it for a guarantee from the basketball gods that we won't have any injuries or shootouts next season.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 02:54 PM   #6
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

TMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat coolTMac&Luther is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by laview
Houston: package the 1st and 2nd round pick for a decent veteran PF (not an undersized one). It is now or never for them.

Why would Houston do that? PF is the last position Houston needs. (that's their deepest position and Scola isn't really "undersized") What Houston needs is a athletic SF who can score (Ron Artest) or a nice backup SG who can score or even a solid young center for the future........as long as Yao is healthy the front court is set with Yao and Scola with Landry backing him up.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:34 PM   #7
laview
Decent playground baller

I was thinking of a good size PF who can also step in and play a little C. They have to prepare for post - Mutombo, who can't backup Yao forever? Can he? I hope he does because that would just be amazing...it is pretty amazing what he has done already. Anyway, they need to win now and developing young player is not what they need to do.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:34 PM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

my dream scenerio is to for the nuggets to trade into a 5-10 pick

how much are those picks worth to those teams? 3 future 1sts? camby and 2 1sts? 3? nugs also have a huge expiring contract-

basically how valuble are those 5-10 picks? has the draft and the "potential" thing gotten so far that teams wont risk dropping out anymore? the lakers traded into the #1 spot for magic, could you imagine somebody trading into the #1 pick now? not possible imo

i always thought if i was drafting for a team that you would never even think about the draft in terms of where you were at # wise- go and get the player that is perfect for your team or trade out- maybe that isnt possible in todays game?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: