Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-21-2008, 07:52 PM   #16
BeebCats
Serious playground baller

BeebCats has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Day's Mock Draft ver.1

Quote:
9. Bobcats - Darrel Arthur (they need a guy who can score in the front court; their PG, SG, SF, and C situation are not so bad, but Darrel Arthur is much smoother than Okafor on the offense)

Our C position is the worst... we have Nazr Mohammed and Ryan Hollins.

Okafor will be much more effective playing PF instead of C (which he's been forced to do because of our lack of center), with great D, and we'll be getting Sean May back next season.
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 07:59 PM   #17
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if you think hibbert will help the raptors rebounding,think again. only 6.4 in college
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:13 PM   #18
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeebCats
Our C position is the worst... we have Nazr Mohammed and Ryan Hollins.

Okafor will be much more effective playing PF instead of C (which he's been forced to do because of our lack of center), with great D, and we'll be getting Sean May back next season.

start praying that deandre jordan slips to #9... if not you can always take the risk of getting javale mcgee...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 08:56 PM   #19
laview
Decent playground baller

laview has an OK reputation so far

I think Okafor can play C since he is a good defender he can defend most C in the post, what Bobcats needs is someone who can score efficiently around the basket and Arthur is a good offensive player to have inside outside game with J. Rich and Morrison if he turns out...

Hibbert not a bad rebounder and I think you can't take college stats and say that they translate well into NBA level. Hibbert is strong and has good size and with some coaching in terms of positioning, he can easily get you 8-9 boards a night. My only concern for the Raptors is that Hibbert might not be available when they pick...
laview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:18 PM   #20
laview
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i think detriot will get dj white or joey dorsey or hardin whoever is available...

DJ White and Joey Dorsey are similar to Maxiell but not as good; in fact adding White and Dorsey together you probably end up with Maxiell.

Hardin is limited offensively and is not the type of player Piston needs right now
Old 05-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #21
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laview
I posted the first 10 picks as a reply to another thread, but here is what I think the 1st round might be given that the teams keep their picks.

1. Bulls - D. Rose (hometown boy; and in my option the no. 1 choice for any team)
2. Heat - M. Beasley (who else?)
3. Timberwolves - OJ Mayo (they need a big time scorer more than a C)
4. Supersonics - Brook Lopez (need a big to go with the SF and SG from last years draft)
5. Grizziles - DeAndre Jordon (a big gamble that might payoff really well; can't pass on a C with good potential)
6. Knicks - Danilo Gallinari (6'10 forward body with great ball handles and shooting ability upto 3 point range, perfect for the new coach in town)
7. Clippers - Eric Gordon (great scorer who can shoot well from the outside will be great playing along Brand and Corey who like to play the physical game)
8. Bucks - Jerryd Bayless (I don't think the Redd and Mo Williams experiment is working out; new blood is needed in the backcourt to turn things around)
9. Bobcats - Darrel Arthur (they need a guy who can score in the front court; their PG, SG, SF, and C situation are not so bad, but Darrel Arthur is much smoother than Okafor on the offense)
10. Nets - Kevin Love (again with good scoring SG and SF like Jefferson and Carter and PG like D. Harris, they could use someone who can contribute offensively in the front court to take pressure off the outside shooters)
11. Pacers - Russel Westbrook (with healthy O'Neal, Granger, Dunleavy, and Tinsely, the addition of Russel Westbrook might allow the Pacer to really excel in a run-and-gun type of system)
12. Sacramento - Anthony Randolph (around mid-1st round draft, it is probably wise to pick the person with the greatest potential)
13. Blazers - Nicolas Batum (great offensive athlete with good all around still. He would be a perfect complementary piece bridging Oden and Roy together)
14. Warriors - Kosta Koufos (they need a big body since they are a pretty undersized team; Kosta has great passing skill and might turn out to be what they are hoping to get but did not get from Chris Webber)
15. Suns - JaVale McGee (a gamble, but it is time to prepare for post-Shaq, which is coming soon, if they are that there already)
16. Sixers - Chris Douglas-Roberts (a versatile scorer who has decent midrange game is what the Sixers need as they can't shoot and AI is having difficulties creating shots for himself this postseaon)
17. Raptors - Roy Hibbert (they need someone who can defend and rebound in the post to take pressure off Bosh; they were constantly getting killed on the glass)
18. Wizards - Joe Alexander (although only 6'8, he is supposedly very good playing the paint: both offensively and defensively; could come off the bench for Butler and Jamison nicely)
19. Cavs - Donte Greene (they need someone who can create shots for himself)
20. Denver - DJ Augustin (they need a PG and move AI to SG. AI dominate the ball too much, which makes Carmelo looks like he is not sure where he should stand from time to time. A pass first PG with AI and Carmelo running on either sides of him could be the answer/solution for Denver)
21. Nets - Jason Thompson (A good size PF who can shoot out to 15 feet and is supposed to be a decent defender is what they need to put beside Kristic)
22. Magics - Brandon Rush (good shooter and good scorer, you can never have too many of those to surround D. Howard)
23. Jazz - Chase Budinger (decent shooter and amazing athlete, perfect to run with D. Will on the fastbreak)
24. Sonics - Mario Chalmers (decent PG who can shoot the 3 and defend; maybe some competition with Luke is good for the team)
25. Rockets - Nicola Pekovic (great size to play both C and PF. He apparently love to play in the paint and be physical. Could be coming off the bench for Yao and Scola or even beat out Scola for the starting PF position)
26. Spurs - Will Daniel (Strong SF who has a great set of post moves; he could come in for Bruce and prove a new dimension)
27. Hornets - Wayne Ellington (they need a scorer off the bench and Wayne is their man)
28. Grizziles - Robin Lopez (they need a solid big)
29. Piston - Kyle Weaver (a solid combo guard with decent PG skills and good size 6'5 could provide stability to the bench; supposedly a decent defender too)
30. Boston - Omri Casspi (a athletic scorer is what the aging Boston needs to give them an energy boost)

opinions? except being too long to read...

In general a very good mock. I like the fact that you appreciate Arthur, Koufos and Ellington (players who are on my opinion underrated in many mocks).

A couple of complaints though :)
- Do you really think Grizzlies would take R.Lopez if they first take Jordan?
- I think Rush is way too low (but it's the same with most mocks). I see him pretty much as a perfect SG prospect. WHY DON'T PEOPLE AGREE!!!
- I think Daniels at 26 is a bit of a reach, but it's good to see people using their own brain and opinions and don't just copy-paste players from other mocks.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:03 PM   #22
Adambomb
I airball my layups

Adambomb has an OK reputation so far

ur list has wayyy to many flaws. since when would any one take air gordon over bayless? or deandre jordan so high... or hibbert in the top 20. crappy list
Adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:08 PM   #23
disco
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adambomb
ur list has wayyy to many flaws. since when would any one take air gordon over bayless? or deandre jordan so high... or hibbert in the top 20. crappy list

I think it's great that someone does some player evaluation himself rather just doing exactly same as what's in "expert mocks". We all know that the actual draft will never go like the general, expert consensus and therefore it's great that people predict "outside the box".

I don't rate Jordan that high, but he has more potential than e.g. Lopez (who's really overrated at the moment) and he going in top 5 can definitely happen. Also, Gordon over Bayless can happen too. Gordon is a better finisher, has a better left hand, can shoot better when facing tough defense, has demonstrated better big moment mentality etc etc. I rate Bayless higher because of his unbelievable quickness, but I think it's far from certain that Bayless will be better - or even go higher - than Gordon.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #24
disco
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMINATOR
hope the rockets dont draft another foreign player. they are overrated and are almost always a bust.

Do you mean flops like Nowitzki, Parker, Scola, Nash, Ginobili, Deng, Barbosa, Kirilenko, Stojakovic, Turgoglu and Okur
Old 05-24-2008, 02:09 PM   #25
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
where the hell is courtney lee? if he slips .. i hope the c's will get him...

he isn't in the first round on nbadraft.net either...i find that suprising.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:10 PM   #26
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
Do you mean flops like Nowitzki, Parker, Scola, Nash, Ginobili, Deng, Barbosa, Kirilenko, Stojakovic, Turgoglu and Okur

for every one of those their are 2 maciej (sp) lampe, darko milicic, nikoloz skitizvili, pavel podkolzine, i could go on for hours..
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 02:12 PM   #27
disco
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
for every one of those their are 2 maciej (sp) lampe, darko milicic, nikoloz skitizvili, pavel podkolzine, i could go on for hours..

I am sure that the ratio for non-american players isn't any worse than for americans.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #28
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

I agree with Mayo going to the Wolves, they do need another complementary scorer on the wings. However, with their second pick, they should be taking a big. They already have a glut of guards.. throw in Mayo and it's only worse. Plus they are thin up front... granted, they have a beast, but why not give him some rebounding and defensive help? Obviously you won't draft a player this good, but did you see how much Amare improved with Shaq there to take pressure off him?
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:32 PM   #29
laview
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adambomb

We can agree to disagree, plus if I can predict all the picks exactly then I would be vacationing somewhere nice with my millions and millions of dollars...
Old 05-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #30
laview
Decent playground baller

I had the Griz taking Lopez in the 2nd round after taking Jordon in the first because Lopez looked like the best prospect left when I worked my way to the 2nd round. Plus, Jordon comes with a lot of risks, but my gut feeling is that Lopez would turn out to be a poor man's Varejao, who at least can contribute if Jordon turned out the be a bust...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: