Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #1
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

leopoldotoribio has an OK reputation so far
Default getting harrington and lo's role

if we could get harrington we could play odom at PG. but if yo think lo can't guard the opposition's PG and we keep the promise we gave to vladrad so let's maintain odom's position at PF and harrington comes off the bench. that is instant offense!!!!!!!!!!
leopoldotoribio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopoldotoribio
if we could get harrington we could play odom at PG. but if yo think lo can't guard the opposition's PG and we keep the promise we gave to vladrad so let's maintain odom's position at PF and harrington comes off the bench. that is instant offense!!!!!!!!!!

dude, LO is NOT PLAYING PG. His best position is PF since he is strong.
Next...we are not paying Harrington $10m to come off the bench!!!!
Either VRad goes to bench (where he pouts), or we don't sign Harrington.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:58 AM   #3
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Think about Kobe at PG.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 05:11 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I like What Kobedaman24 said.

Thats what they did in the playoffs against the suns and it worked so well. Keep doin that to all other teams and u might find a 58 win season.

GO LAKERS!!!
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:58 AM   #5
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
dude, LO is NOT PLAYING PG. His best position is PF since he is strong.
Next...we are not paying Harrington $10m to come off the bench!!!!
Either VRad goes to bench (where he pouts), or we don't sign Harrington.

really? if he was that strong at the post we could have beaten the suns inside. he did not even dominated @ against marion what more going up against duncan, amare and camby etc....

we can't put vrad off the bench if we promise to him that he will start. word of honor man!!!!!!!!!!!

so do you think not getting harington the lakers could contend for the west finals????? it doesn't matter if a high paid superstar comes off the bench as long as the starting five delivers....
Old 08-21-2006, 12:00 PM   #6
leopoldotoribio
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
Think about Kobe at PG.

yeah!!!!!!! and if kobe tires we could use the zone defense...
Old 08-21-2006, 12:47 PM   #7
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

The Lakers roster is set. In my opinion, there are three players on the current roster that could be traded- MIhm, Vujacic, and Cook, but when closely evaluated will actually make very strong third team players.

In Mihm you have a legitimate starting center playing the third string center (behind Bynum, I believe). In Cook you've got a big man that causes match up problems because he can shoot open threes. And in Vujacic you have a combo guard that plays good defense and can get hot shooting the three.

I say, keep the Lakers roster as it is. The more I examine their roster, the more I realize just how strong it is. The only questions I have are how strong will their backup sf and pf be (Walton and Turiaf). Other than that, they are looking strong and deep at every other position.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #8
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
The Lakers roster is set. In my opinion, there are three players on the current roster that could be traded- MIhm, Vujacic, and Cook, but when closely evaluated will actually make very strong third team players.

In Mihm you have a legitimate starting center playing the third string center (behind Bynum, I believe). In Cook you've got a big man that causes match up problems because he can shoot open threes. And in Vujacic you have a combo guard that plays good defense and can get hot shooting the three.

I say, keep the Lakers roster as it is. The more I examine their roster, the more I realize just how strong it is. The only questions I have are how strong will their backup sf and pf be (Walton and Turiaf). Other than that, they are looking strong and deep at every other position.
Cook is a 2 year project. Mihm doesnt like being 3rd string and will demand a trade if he becomes the third string center. I guaransheed it.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:45 PM   #9
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen

Cook is a 2 year project. Mihm doesnt like being 3rd string and will demand a trade if he becomes the third string center. I guarantee it.
Old 08-21-2006, 01:53 PM   #10
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Kobe4MVP has an OK reputation so far

While Mihm is an excellent backup, he'll be moved because of money reasons. Mihm has an expiring contract this season and will definitely be worth more than the $4.2 he's earning now (he'll probably make twice as much), and the Lakers aren't going to pay him that much because of their salary cap strategy, so look for him to be traded either before the season or definitley by the trade deadline, otherwise the Lakers end up with nothing.
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:23 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Yeah I wouldnt be surprised if they trade him before the season starts.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:15 PM   #12
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
While Mihm is an excellent backup, he'll be moved because of money reasons. Mihm has an expiring contract this season and will definitely be worth more than the $4.2 he's earning now (he'll probably make twice as much), and the Lakers aren't going to pay him that much because of their salary cap strategy, so look for him to be traded either before the season or definitley by the trade deadline, otherwise the Lakers end up with nothing.

thats a really good point. I truly think that mihm will get us AL. hawks NEED A C and after AL hangs in the air a bit more...hawks will bite and realize mihm is ther best option for AL
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

Yeah Mihm would fit perfectly and he wouldnt mind sharing minutes with Shelden. Hawks will have a good team this season with these trades.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #14
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Do any of you realise that if you were to trade Mihm and if Kwame were to get hurt, you would have Andrew Bynum starting at C with absolutely NO one to back him up? Talk about a lottery team.

Unless you trade Mihm for another C, he isn't going anywhere.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:36 PM   #15
LakerzFan4Life
Decent playground baller

LakerzFan4Life has no real reputation yet.

If we could get harrington then we could form a lineup of:
PG: Bryant
SG: Evans
SF: Odom
PF: Harrington
C: Brown

What a Lineup!
LakerzFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: