Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-21-2008, 01:18 PM   #16
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

Default Re: INT's Official 2008 NBA Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Since when does taking your team further in the tourney = better player. This is the NBA, Bayless is the better player and the better prospect. Bayless had to deal with a moron coach and others who didnt even show up in the tourney.

did i ever mention that curry is better than bayless? no right? am just saying that as bad as the pg situation is in seattle i dont think bayless is the answer ... he can always prove me wrong though....
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:21 PM   #17
statman32
NBA Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
did i ever mention that curry is better than bayless? no right? am just saying that as bad as the pg situation is in seattle i dont think bayless is the answer ... he can always prove me wrong though....
Ok but how is Curry the better option at the pg position? He didnt even play pg last year. At least Bayless played point guard when Wise missed all those games.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:27 PM   #18
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by statman32
Ok but how is Curry the better option at the pg position? He didnt even play pg last year. At least Bayless played point guard when Wise missed all those games.

i said if i am seattle i will gamble picking deandre jordan over bayless... no team would want ridnour and watson... notunless they are free agents...
Old 05-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #19
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I can't see Indy taking Randolph over Love and Augustin. Especially Augustin, if he's there I think he's the pick. They already have their athletic 3 they're trying to mold into a 4 in Shawne Williams. Great job though, don't usually get an analysis of each pick, and you can't ask someone to know the ins and outs of every roster.

I could see Minnesota taking Mayo as well. I think he's going to be a great pro, second best guard after Rose.

I don't think Indiana goes for Augustin because it will be impossible to move Tinsley this offseason,he'll probably follow his pattern and return next season and play 65+ games.

Indiana could go for a PG like Jamont Gordon or Ty Lawson in the 2nd Round.

I don't understand the logic in Minnesota drafting Mayo when they lack a C,unless you're interested in seeing Jefferson play out of position at the 5 with Ryan Gomes at the 4 then frankly,you're confused.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:28 PM   #20
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Jordan may helps us (Memphis) on the defensive end by giving us size and presence, which is something that we definitly lack. But, what is he like offensively? Is the kind of guy that will give 6-8ppg, 8-10ppg, 10+ppg, how high is his ceiling?

I'm hoping it is high, but then again, this draft class does not scream, or even loudly talk, high potential.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:29 PM   #21
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
i said if i am seattle i will gamble picking deandre jordan over bayless... no team would want ridnour and watson... notunless they are free agents...
Many teams would want Earl Watson or Luke Ridnour,it just so happens Seattle won't deal either one of them.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:33 PM   #22
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Jordan may helps us (Memphis) on the defensive end by giving us size and presence, which is something that we definitly lack. But, what is he like offensively? Is the kind of guy that will give 6-8ppg, 8-10ppg, 10+ppg, how high is his ceiling?

I'm hoping it is high, but then again, this draft class does not scream, or even loudly talk, high potential.
He has a high ceiling,he just doesn't have much of a varied offensive game.He doesn't have a hook shot,15-footer or a turnaround jumper.He'll get most of his points off of dunks,alley-oops,and putbacks.

I think if you give him 25-30 MPG next season and if Mike Conley can work on his penetrating he could maybe put up 10/7/1 next season.

If you're looking for a ceiling for him as a player,I think Tyson Chandler(New Orleans) would be the best case scenario.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #23
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
He has a high ceiling,he just doesn't have much of a varied offensive game.He doesn't have a hook shot,15-footer or a turnaround jumper.He'll get most of his points off of dunks,alley-oops,and putbacks.

I think if you give him 25-30 MPG next season and if Mike Conley can work on his penetrating he could maybe put up 10/6/1.5 next season.

If you're looking for a ceiling for him as a player,I think Tyson Chandler(New Orleans) would be the best case scenario.
I hope that Iavaroni could help DeAndre develop a nice hook shot then. Spend some time at the end of practices, like he does with Darko, and teach him how to use some nice, simple post moves.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:41 PM   #24
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Quote:
I don't think Indiana goes for Augustin because it will be impossible to move Tinsley this offseason,he'll probably follow his pattern and return next season and play 65+ games.

Indiana could go for a PG like Jamont Gordon or Ty Lawson in the 2nd Round.

I don't understand the logic in Minnesota drafting Mayo when they lack a C,unless you're interested in seeing Jefferson play out of position at the 5 with Ryan Gomes at the 4 then frankly,you're confused.

It's never impossible to move a player. In the last 5 years Tinsley's played over 50 games just once, so even if he's still here it's a given that he'll miss time. I'd make an avatar bet on Tinsley being gone next year if it weren't so far away.

I understand what you're saying about Minnesota, but you don't draft for need when the only position you have a legit long-term starter is the 4. You draft the best player, and I think that's Mayo. McCants is not the future at the two, Mayo can be. Mayo can also help Foye at the 1 as they're both more or less combo guards. McCants is a nice G off the bench but shouldn't be a starter, not when you can have Mayo. Lopez screams bust to me, a solid roleplayer at best. You don't draft roleplayers at 3.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:42 PM   #25
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I hope that Iavaroni could help DeAndre develop a nice hook shot then. Spend some time at the end of practices, like he does with Darko, and teach him how to use some nice, simple post moves.
Yeah well if Jordan doesn't produce and spends most of this season on the bench,Ivaroni will be out of a job.

I can't remember a coach keep his job after 2 straight 50+ losing seasons.

I really don't think Jordan will develop a consistent hook shot,or develop into an All-Star.

All I can hope for is that he can handle the pass around the basket and add at least 10 lbs of muscle before the season starts,you don't always find a young 7'0 260 lb C who can run the court well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6gNloMEb48M
Old 05-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #26
veilside23

well chandler can only get his dunks from cp3... jordan is more athletic than chandler right now .. the only question is if he will be develop to be better than chandler...
Old 05-21-2008, 01:47 PM   #27
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

I'd rather go with CDR than that foreign cat you gave us, Interminator.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 PM   #28
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
It's never impossible to move a player. In the last 5 years Tinsley's played over 50 games just once, so even if he's still here it's a given that he'll miss time. I'd make an avatar bet on Tinsley being gone next year if it weren't so far away.
The real question is who would want Jamaal Tinsley?
Not just the fact he is signed for another 3 years at 7 million per but that he's had legal troubles,included a shooting or two involving him in his career.

DJ Augustin would be a good selection either way,but theres no point in using a lottery pick on him if you're not going to give him the starting job.

Quote:
I understand what you're saying about Minnesota, but you don't draft for need when the only position you have a legit long-term starter is the 4. You draft the best player, and I think that's Mayo. McCants is not the future at the two, Mayo can be. Mayo can also help Foye at the 1 as they're both more or less combo guards. McCants is a nice G off the bench but shouldn't be a starter, not when you can have Mayo. Lopez screams bust to me, a solid roleplayer at best. You don't draft roleplayers at 3.
Why is everyone so quick to forget Randy Foye?yeah Mayo would be a good pick if they didn't have McCants,but since they do they shouldn't overcrowd their backcourt.

They're going to go into next season with Telfair as the starting PG,and Jaric as the back-up providing veteran minutes since theres no chance his contract can be moved,unless to the Knicks.At the 2 you're going to have Foye as the starter with McCants serving as the 6th man off the bench.

I'm willing to gurantee you that off of the way Foye played at the end of the season when he was completely healthy and getting starting minutes that he'll put up 16/4/5 next season.

If Minnesota finds it risky to draft Lopez there then they might as well trade down out of #3 and draft a C like JaVale McGee in the middle of the 1st Round.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:56 PM   #29
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Yeah well if Jordan doesn't produce and spends most of this season on the bench,Ivaroni will be out of a job.

I can't remember a coach keep his job after 2 straight 50+ losing seasons.

I really don't think Jordan will develop a consistent hook shot,or develop into an All-Star.

All I can hope for is that he can handle the pass around the basket and add at least 10 lbs of muscle before the season starts,you don't always find a young 7'0 260 lb C who can run the court well.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6gNloMEb48M
Jordan will have to try and develop some kind of low post game, he cannot rely on just cutting to the basket and getting dunks, putbacks, alleyoops. He needs to try and develop something else.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:57 PM   #30
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
well chandler can only get his dunks from cp3... jordan is more athletic than chandler right now .. the only question is if he will be develop to be better than chandler...
Jordan's play will rely heavily on Mike Conley.

Conley needs a big man who can dunk the ball in the post,since Conley is more of a quick penitrating PG like T.J. Ford than a PG who can shoot from the perimeter with consistency his success will depend on Jordan's success.

Seriously my real hope for Mike Conley next season is 14/7 per game,but that could change if Jordan doesn't produce.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: