Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-20-2008, 11:22 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here
Default With The First Pick The Bulls Select....

Hey all, since we have the lottery done, I'm going to do a site-wide mock draft where I'll go forum to forum asking the fans opinion on who they think the team should select. Since there are 36 days since the draft and 30 selections, the first 3 picks get two days, the rest will get one. So let's get it started, post who you think the Bulls should select at #1. I'll end this on Friday about Noon Pacific:

1] Chicago Bulls select ???
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:41 AM   #2
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: With The First Pick The Bulls Select....

Derrick Rose... move Hinrich to SG.... trade Gordon.... Rose is the best player n the draft... Beasley is solid, but Rose is the best talent AND from Chicago.... what's not to like????????
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 05:18 AM   #3
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Derrick Rose, look what CP3 did for NO and the League... Rose is a hybrid PG, of the likes i don't think ne one has seen. A player who makes everyone better and doesn't have to score to be the best player on the court.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 AM   #4
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Derrick Rose... move Hinrich to SG.... trade Gordon.... Rose is the best player n the draft... Beasley is solid, but Rose is the best talent AND from Chicago.... what's not to like????????
Hinrich isnt a SG, hes a pure PG...theres no way Paxson is stupid enough to do this. If you guys are that desperate for a SG, trade Hinrich for one. But you guys still have Thabo and Hughes
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:07 AM   #5
marksmith
Can barely lace up my sneakers

marksmith has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
Hinrich isnt a SG, hes a pure PG...theres no way Paxson is stupid enough to do this. If you guys are that desperate for a SG, trade Hinrich for one. But you guys still have Thabo and Hughes

I'm with on this, incidentally, but people much smarter than me (not on this board... I mean in the NBA publications I read and shows I listen to) say that Hinrich is actually a 2 guard playing out of position. They say he's an average number 1 but could be a very good (top 10) SG in this league. Not that he's a pure scorer, but you really don't need him to be if you have Rose. You can let Rose handle the ball almost every play and setup Kirk for jump shots. If he gets caught up on any given play, you've got another distributor ready to take the ball and move it around a bit too.

Especially if you can land O'Neal in a trade with Indianapolis for Noah and some other pieces, I think we'd really be set for a nice 3-5 year run at the Eastern Conference title.
marksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:36 AM   #6
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksmith
I'm with on this, incidentally, but people much smarter than me (not on this board... I mean in the NBA publications I read and shows I listen to) say that Hinrich is actually a 2 guard playing out of position. They say he's an average number 1 but could be a very good (top 10) SG in this league. Not that he's a pure scorer, but you really don't need him to be if you have Rose. You can let Rose handle the ball almost every play and setup Kirk for jump shots. If he gets caught up on any given play, you've got another distributor ready to take the ball and move it around a bit too.

Especially if you can land O'Neal in a trade with Indianapolis for Noah and some other pieces, I think we'd really be set for a nice 3-5 year run at the Eastern Conference title.
what about defensive matchups? Mostly, 2 guards are huge in todays NBA (besides AI). Look at Granger, Antony Parker, Hedo (when Battie returns), RIP, Ray Allen, Jason Richardson, Joe Johnson and Vince Carter. Those are just SG's that I came up with on the top of my head from the East. Anyone one of those players would post up Hinrich every play
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 11:49 AM   #7
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor

You must not watch Bulls games.... he is more of a SG than PG...
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #8
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
You must not watch Bulls games.... he is more of a SG than PG...

Thanks for putting that out there. PACERRAPTOR, what in hell are you talking about. Hinrich is not a pure PG. And Hinrich already guards taller players, and guards all the players you just came up with, or most of them. Rose can also guard a player a couple inches taller because he is so quick and powerful.

Also remember the Bulls have Sefolosha and Hughes to guard bigger guards if a defensive matchup arose that truly was a problem.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 03:35 PM   #9
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

So far it's 2 for Rose and 0 for everyone else. I'm going to end this at midnight so if anyone else has something to say, nows the time!
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #10
Deng13
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Deng13 has an OK reputation so far

Rose for sure!! if we pick rose though we can not trade away TT!!
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: