Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #31
ABTY7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ABTY7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Senerios for Beasley, and Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
lets say pax drafts beasley which is not goin to happen, but lets say he does, its still a excellent pick, and he gives you 20-10... but those are just stat #'s, so the question is... is beasley gonna give you a chance to win a close game vs the likes of boston, detroit, orlando etc.??? beasleys not that great of a passer becuz he never really had to be... he often scored while double teamed... which he won't do in the nba, also i've been a huge fan of beasley and big 12 bball and it has been my favorite conference the last 2 years... sorry big 10! so i've watched him play about 10 times and i also found out that beasleys been kicked out of 3 different schools and has attended 7 different schools since the 7th grade! he isn't considered arrogant but people will say he's a little to confident which can turn into arrogence with a couple of million dollars

while rose is a gym rat/film guy, and studies the game and i wasn't high on rose during the regular season, but what he did in the tourney was ridiculous and catapulted him as a elite pg, he has great footwork at 19, i've heard people compare him to jason kidd with a jumpshot, or a explosive deron williams, i think he's more of a dwayne wade thats 2 inches shorter, you simply cannot pass on a talent like this, if pax does draft beasley... three years are gonna fly by and miami will prolly be on top of the east while stuart scott starts screaming PAX WHAT WAS YOU THINKEN 3 YEARS AGO, while beasleys opting out of his contract to play for NY

PAX IS DRAFTING ROSE whether you like it or not

Pax very well may draft Rose- but not for any of the reasons you see to think he will...
ABTY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:53 PM   #32
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Senerios for Beasley, and Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABTY7
Another idea- we could always trade a conditional 1st rounder to Utah for Kyle Korver- with Harpering coming back and Kirilenko and his contract arn't going anywhere anytime soon. Deng/Korver would be amazing, however unlikely it may be...

No way Korver is worth a 1st rounder, no matter what pick it is. He can shoot...that's it. He can't pass, can't drive, can't play defense. We already have one of those, and his name is Ben Gordon. No reason to waste a future pick on a guy that won't really help us. If you want a guard that can shoot lights out 3s for cheap, draft Chris Lofton from Tennessee.

Also, to whoever thought of signing James Posey - not going to happen. He is the most hated player by Bulls fans. If we signed him, there would be turmoil.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:32 PM   #33
ABTY7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
No way Korver is worth a 1st rounder, no matter what pick it is. He can shoot...that's it. He can't pass, can't drive, can't play defense. We already have one of those, and his name is Ben Gordon. No reason to waste a future pick on a guy that won't really help us. If you want a guard that can shoot lights out 3s for cheap, draft Chris Lofton from Tennessee.

Also, to whoever thought of signing James Posey - not going to happen. He is the most hated player by Bulls fans. If we signed him, there would be turmoil.

lol. John Starks was a Bull once for god shake- I think if he improves the team the fans will find a way to not tare down the UC...

Anyway, big difference between Gordon and Korver- Gordon is a 6 foot shooting guard- Korver is a 6'7" swingman. Korver also is owed about 15M over the next three- Gordon, if re-signed, would be looking at around 25M over the same amount of time. Fact is, Korver is very much worth a late first rounder and would be a great fit on a team with a ++ post scorer (i.e. Beasley)
Old 05-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #34
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Dengness9 has decent reputationDengness9 has decent reputation

Kaptain Kirk, get off hinrich's nutz. Your a fool.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:49 PM   #35
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengness9
Kaptain Kirk, get off hinrich's nutz. Your a fool.

I am a fool because I have backed up any trade with solid ideas? Or I am a fool because I think taking the best player on the board in a draft...that also fills a need is the best idea, also when the 2nd best player is a point guard, which Chicago already has a solid one.

We draft Beasley, we really don't need to worry about trades. Just focus on trying to get some improvements to the team.

We draft Rose, we have to worry about trading Kirk.

Yeah I am a fool because I am using logic. Wake the **** up.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:39 AM   #36
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Haha, Kirk is right again guys. Honestly, I would probably like Rose more IF we trade Kirk. But with Beasley we don't need to make any trades except for very minor ones.. remember, there's no guarantee a trade would happen.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #37
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

you draft beasly and keep kirk and you wont be a bad team...yes rose is better than kirk but he(kirk)is a good pg and you need sum1 like beasly
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 05:41 PM   #38
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
If you want a guard that can shoot lights out 3s for cheap, draft Chris Lofton from Tennessee.

What about JJ Redick the Magic dont even use him and hes the definition of a lights out three point shooter and I bet we can get him for really cheap.
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:02 PM   #39
Dengness9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Just a question. How much of Rose have you seen? Compared to how much Beasley you have seen?

Beasley...was never really slowed down in college. Rose was. And while Memphis might of played the better non-conference teams, inside the conference Memphis had a cake walk. Beasley was going up against Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma, Baylor, Texas A&M.

Oh i didn't know Rose taking memphis to the Championship as a freshmen is getting slowed down. F'ing joke...
Old 05-25-2008, 06:07 PM   #40
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGordon7
What about JJ Redick the Magic dont even use him and hes the definition of a lights out three point shooter and I bet we can get him for really cheap.

i kno redick hasnt exactly had a good amount of time to prove himself in games, but from what i have seen him do in orlando, isnt impressive at all...

idk what his deal is but he doesnt play for a reason
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 06:17 PM   #41
Dengness9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
I am a fool because I have backed up any trade with solid ideas? Or I am a fool because I think taking the best player on the board in a draft...that also fills a need is the best idea, also when the 2nd best player is a point guard, which Chicago already has a solid one.

We draft Beasley, we really don't need to worry about trades. Just focus on trying to get some improvements to the team.

We draft Rose, we have to worry about trading Kirk.

Yeah I am a fool because I am using logic. Wake the **** up.

1. Your trades suck and they are not solid ideas.

2. THE BULLS HAVE NO PG!!!!!!!!! NOT ONE PLAYER ON THE BULLS RIGHT NOW IS A PG AND PG ONLY! You yourself knows Hinrich would be better off playing 2 guard, and not to mention after Hinrich we have no one who could play PG especially not 40+ mpg at the position.

3. Drafting Rose is a need as much as it is for Beasley.

What do you mean, we draft Beasely and don't have to worry about Trades???? Even if we draft Beasley which we won't, the Bulls still have Hinrich, Gordon, Hughes, and Sefolosha. Those 4 players all need more minutes than we have to give. The Bulls need and will make a trade IMO reguardless who they trade. This core has been together for 4 and 5 years now, and its time to shake up things a little bit.

Dude Kirk Hinrich is not an all-star, get over it.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #42
Rondo

I like Beasley but he's not going to work out he has minimum work ethic and in games they're losing by 12-16 points not that bad an easy comeback worth of points he gives up and pouts
Meanwhile Rose has ZERO work ethic problems+...
Dwyane Wade has said he wants to leave Miami unless they get a star PG because he wants to play with one. Ala Derrick Rose
Now imagine this Hughes Contract expires ironically at the same time with Wade
now we can resign Wade to a max contract or close too
so our first priority=resign Deng because Gordon and Duhon arent coming back and dont want too
so draft rose move Hinrich to two guard and the roster looks like this
1-Rose/Curry(he's coming up next year he's got the talent)
2-Hinrich/Sefo
3-Deng/Nocioni
4-Gooden/T-time(when he got playing time of about 20 minutes at the start of the season he was really good)
5-Noah

Now that's REALLY low on the cap especially in a year or two meaning they can Wade for the max deal plus...Chris Bosh is a free agent too maybe with the right looking roster (ie the one above) they can get him too because they'll win games and they dont have to resign Hinrich when his deal goes off so they could get him for depth but right now they CANNOT trade him because no one else shoots threes like he does and Noah has shown LOADS of potential in big games and he has the desires to win so we need to keep him and Thomas although if T-time doesnt develop this season we might want to trade him to get decent value

the inside presence is coming Rose is a once a decade point guard with UNBELIEVABLE amounts of pressure draft Rose not Beasley
Old 05-25-2008, 08:17 PM   #43
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo
I like Beasley but he's not going to work out he has minimum work ethic and in games they're losing by 12-16 points not that bad an easy comeback worth of points he gives up and pouts
Dwyane Wade has said he wants to leave Miami unless they get a star PG because he wants to play with one. Ala Derrick Rose
so our first priority=resign Deng because Gordon and Duhon arent coming back and dont want too
2-Hinrich/Sefo
3-Deng/Nocioni
4-Gooden/T-time(when he got playing time of about 20 minutes at the start of the season he was really good)
5-Noah

Now that's REALLY low on the cap especially in a year or two meaning they can Wade for the max deal plus...Chris Bosh is a free agent too maybe with the right looking roster (ie the one above) they can get him too because they'll win games and they dont have to resign Hinrich when his deal goes off so they could get him for depth but right now they CANNOT trade him because no one else shoots threes like he does and Noah has shown LOADS of potential in big games and he has the desires to win so we need to keep him and Thomas although if T-time doesnt develop this season we might want to trade him to get decent value

the inside presence is coming Rose is a once a decade point guard with UNBELIEVABLE amounts of pressure draft Rose not Beasley

ok could work but if we get rose hinrichs gotta go... we cant have a 6'3" backcourt and have our shooting guard shoot 40% from the field... it would destroy us
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:09 PM   #44
ABTY7

(3 way deal) Trade Kirk Hinrich, Andres Nocioni and Tyrus Thomas to the Clippers for Elton Brand, and Shawn Livingston; send Livingston, and Cedric Simmons to the Knicks for Quentin Richardson and Nate Robertson; Knicks send David Lee and Jared Jeffries to the Clippers for Tim Thomas and Aaron Williams

Bulls get:
Elton Brand
Quentin Richardson
Nate Robertson

Clippers get:
Kirk Hinrich
Andres Nocioni
Tyrus Thomas
David Lee
Jared Jeffries

Knicks get:
Shaun Livingston
Cedric Simmons
Tim Thomas
Aaron Williams

Rational- Pretty obvious for the Bulls: get a 20-10 guy, instant offense off the bench and a high energy back-up PG. Who they'd draft: Derrick Rose

Clippers: Get a major upgrade at the PG position- also get Dunleavy favs in Noc and David Lee (high energy, defensive minded, max effort guys) Tyrus has great upside to eventually take over at the 4- Jeffries is a contract dump by the Knicks- however in the right system will still be productive (tho he'll never be worth his contract...) Who'd they then draft: DeAndre Jordan

Knicks: Point Guard of the future who will thrive in the :07 seconds or less offense (Livingston)- everyone else is brought in because of Donnie Walsh's desperate need to dump as many long(er) term contracts as possible and replace them with deals that expire by the time 'Bron 'Bron becomes a FA. Who'd they then draft: Danilo Gallinari

Bulls:
Rose/Robertson
Hughes/Thabo
Deng/Richardson
Brand/Gooden
Noah/Gray

Clippers:
Hinrich/Knight
Maggette/Mobley
Nocioni/Thornton
Thomas/Lee
Kaman/Jordan

Knicks:
Livingston/Marbury
Crawford/Collins
Gallinari/Thomas
Randolph/Simmons
Curry/Williams
Old 05-26-2008, 12:17 AM   #45
Deng13

Deng13 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo
2-Hinrich/Sefo
3-Deng/Nocioni
5-Noah

I really like this lineup but hinrich would have to step up his game...he cant be shooting close to high 30's or low 40's
Deng13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: