Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 AM   #46
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: Senerios for Beasley, and Rose.

@ABTY:

The knicks part wont happen. The value of nate and lee is much higher than that. The bulls-clips is reasonable and a lot of people has already mentioned that
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #47
ABTY7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ABTY7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
@ABTY:

The knicks part wont happen. The value of nate and lee is much higher than that. The bulls-clips is reasonable and a lot of people has already mentioned that

Have to disagree with ya- as it's been reported multiple times the Knicks are looking to dump as many Isiah contracts as possible and the only way to get a team to take on a Jeffries or Richardson deal is to sweeten to pot. Is it possible that they would want someone to take Jerome James as well in a deal like this? Absolutely, in fact I'd say it likely...
ABTY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:09 AM   #48
eeeeeebro
National High School Star

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

beasley is a stat stuffer... we need that he will only get better with time and he will be a lebron james type player... He scored a game high of 44 in ncaa im sure he can do that in an nba game too... WE WILL NOW HAVE OUR PROVEN INSIDE SCORER along side gooden.... Hinrich gordon deng beasley gooden... Good starting line-up if you ask me
with Tyrus thomas and joakim noah off the bench = awesome rotation
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:10 AM   #49
eeeeeebro

hell we can even put beasley at SF if deng isnt producing quick points... get him to show them 3 pt skills and beasley made 1 - 2 3s a game in college... hes a great 3pt shooter.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:06 PM   #50
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
hell we can even put beasley at SF if deng isnt producing quick points... get him to show them 3 pt skills and beasley made 1 - 2 3s a game in college... hes a great 3pt shooter.

haha deng will play SF no matter what...its possible tho the rotation could sub deng out and move beasley to the three and then put in thomas or gooden if thats what u mean.... it does give us versatility
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:59 PM   #51
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Senerios for Beasley, and Rose.

My only worry with Beasley is that he won't be strong enough to hang around inside against NBA level big men. How many big men did he face at K-State that will be in the NBA when they are done with college? If he gets frustrated in the post, then he would start hanging out on the outside taking 3's all day and turn into Rasheed Wallace. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not what you want out of your #1 overall pick.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #52
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
My only worry with Beasley is that he won't be strong enough to hang around inside against NBA level big men. How many big men did he face at K-State that will be in the NBA when they are done with college? If he gets frustrated in the post, then he would start hanging out on the outside taking 3's all day and turn into Rasheed Wallace. Not necessarily a bad thing, but not what you want out of your #1 overall pick.

What is wrong with Sheed? IMO that is the type of player Beasley should aim for, be a similar to Sheed and Dirk - just a lot more athletic. But IMO if Sheed put forth the effort that Kevin Garnett does, he would be a top 5 player in the leauge, his stroke is so smooth for a big man.

And who has Beasley gone up against...he was in the Big 12 there are a ton of huge bodies. To name a few...

-Darrell Arthur (lotto pick, played on the U19 USA team with Beasley and coach said Arthur was the best player on that team)
-Darnell Jackson (2nd rounder more than likely)
-Sasha Kaun (2nd rounder, backup center for years to come)
-Cole Aldrich (IMO could be an All-American if he stays at Kansas all 4 years)
-Alexis Maric (solid big man, could possibly make the NBA, otherwise overseas player)
-Blake Griffin (would of been a lotto pick this year)
-Kevin Rogers (will probably make the NBA)
-DeAndre Jordan (lotto pick this year)
-Leo Lyons (might be to undersized to play in NBA but the guy can ball)

Not to mention he went up against USC and Wisconsin in the tourny. Wisconsin is full of big bodies, not so much NBA talent, but huge dudes that banged Beasley around. And he went 23/13 on them.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 09:40 AM   #53
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
What is wrong with Sheed? IMO that is the type of player Beasley should aim for, be a similar to Sheed and Dirk - just a lot more athletic. But IMO if Sheed put forth the effort that Kevin Garnett does, he would be a top 5 player in the leauge, his stroke is so smooth for a big man.

And who has Beasley gone up against...he was in the Big 12 there are a ton of huge bodies. To name a few...

-Darrell Arthur (lotto pick, played on the U19 USA team with Beasley and coach said Arthur was the best player on that team)
-Alexis Maric (solid big man, could possibly make the NBA, otherwise overseas player)

Not to mention he went up against USC and Wisconsin in the tourny. Wisconsin is full of big bodies, not so much NBA talent, but huge dudes that banged Beasley around. And he went 23/13 on them.

The guys you mentioned are between good and very good college players, but do any of them compare to Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, or any of the other elite big men in the NBA? Not even close, and Beasley also had his struggles against teams without great big men. 7-17 against Wagner, 6-20 against Texas Tech, and 5-12 against Iowa State. I'm not saying that Rose didn't have bad games, but I am concerned about Beasley's ability to bang down low with NBA big men.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:17 PM   #54
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
The guys you mentioned are between good and very good college players, but do any of them compare to Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Rasheed Wallace, Kevin Garnett, or any of the other elite big men in the NBA? Not even close, and Beasley also had his struggles against teams without great big men. 7-17 against Wagner, 6-20 against Texas Tech, and 5-12 against Iowa State. I'm not saying that Rose didn't have bad games, but I am concerned about Beasley's ability to bang down low with NBA big men.

How many All-Star calibar big men are in college each year? 1 or 2, a good year 3.

And you just mentioned 3 games out of 30ish. Even Kobe has off nights.

Still against Wagner he had 21.
Tech 22.
Iowa State 15. (Was AT Iowa State, one of the hardest places to play in the nation).

He is 19 years old, I am not going to lie he will probably get pushed around a little by Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Sheed and maybe a few other ALL-STAR players his first season. But he will get his, he is to damn athletic not to.

But just to see what you say, how many times did Rose face a Chris Paul, DWill, JKidd, Nash, or Parker?

It goes both ways. They have been tested in college, and they both performed well, NBA is a whole different story, but they both have the skill sets to make it big.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:56 PM   #55
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

man, the more comments i read from people, the more i'm getting to know each player's ability and what they really bring to the bulls.......i know both of them are good players and we all know its a locked 1-2 picks.....and we all know we have a need for both, but more on beastly than rose.....

beastly is a need, rose is an upgrade........

even tho i like pax to grab rose, i would also be happy if we get beastly.....be happy people and we don't have to worry about which european player should we draft.........

what ever happen to dragan tarlac? hahahahaha.......
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:16 PM   #56
eeeeeebro

beasley shot 54% and got 124 offensive rebounds about 4 per game.. your not only getting the best scorer but the best rebounder also. how did beasley do vs kansas? 39 points 11 rebounds 3 blocks..... picking rose over beasley would be stupid we want a good point guard? then get one in free agency.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:19 PM   #57
eeeeeebro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12

if you watched games beasley played in he was against the whole team. everyone clogged the passing lane to beasley all the time and when the ball did get to beasley it was auto 2 points.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:42 PM   #58
willyneu

willyneu has an OK reputation so far

I've been reading these four pages & have to say I'm concerned more about Rose & not upgrading pf. We need a man to score inside & Beasley can do that. We have seen what Thabo can do without Capt. Kirk not on the floor & it is not too shabby.
What we don't know is what is being offered Pax in any possible trades. I'm not into any of the numbers but do know what the $$ need to be rather close. So who we draft may depend on what knid of positive player moves Pax can make to support the #1 pick.
willyneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:41 PM   #59
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
Thoughts on Joey Dorsey guaranteeing Beasley to Chicago.

From the Sun-Sentinel:

I believe Dorsey here, not just because he said it, but because Paxson always ends up doing the opposite of what most people want him to do. Despite the Chicago polls 70% in favor of Rose, and despite the potential impact he could have on guys like Deng, Gordon, and Thomas, I'm fine with the pick. Beasley becomes the best offensive player (by far) on this team the moment he steps on the floor.

Now the question is, what the hell can we get for Thomas?

I think Paxson is just leaking information to the media to make sure nobody knows what the hell is going through his mind. Maybe he is trying to swindle Miami out of an extra pick in case they want to trade up, but I thought they wanted Rose all along, so this might be something different. Maybe he is trying to increase his leverage among trade partners by telling them that if they don't trade up to get Rose, he will end up going to the Heat, which might be something they don't want. I've got no idea, but I'm pretty sure that Joey Dorsey has even less an idea a month before the draft. They haven't even conducted workouts and interviews yet. It's way too early for anything to be set in stone when you don't have a for sure #1 pick.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #60
willyneu

willyneu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
I would hope so. Normally you wouldn't take anything Joey Dorsey says seriously, but we are talking about a teammate and very close friend of Derrick Rose. Paxson making up his mind before the June 16th (I'm pretty sure this is the date) workouts is pretty dumb, but after thinking about it, I won't be surprised if Beasley ends up being the pick. The day after the draft lottery, I was about 70% for Rose and 30% for Beasley. I felt that a franchise PG could really help some of these young, offensively challenged players on the team (and I still feel that way). But after thinking about it some more, I'm now 55% Rose and 45% Beasley. I realize this team needs an actual playmaker (Hinrich will never be that guy) just as much as they need a halfway decent big on the offensive end, but Beasley just completed one of the top 2-3 college seasons in NCAA history. Even if his size becomes somewhat of an issue in the NBA, I have no doubt that he'd easily, easily be the best offensive player on this team. We'll just have to wait and see. I thought Rose was a lock after hearing other Bulls fans' opinions, but not anymore.

I'm inclined to agree. Two factors to consider:
1. is there a head coach in place before draft day?
2. will there have been any offers to the Bulls that are too good to pass up. We may not know this until the draft itself or shortly afterwards, unless it involves players in the actual draft.
willyneu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: