Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-29-2008, 09:26 PM   #61
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Senerios for Beasley, and Rose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
I would hope so. Normally you wouldn't take anything Joey Dorsey says seriously, but we are talking about a teammate and very close friend of Derrick Rose. Paxson making up his mind before the June 16th (I'm pretty sure this is the date) workouts is pretty dumb, but after thinking about it, I won't be surprised if Beasley ends up being the pick. The day after the draft lottery, I was about 70% for Rose and 30% for Beasley. I felt that a franchise PG could really help some of these young, offensively challenged players on the team (and I still feel that way). But after thinking about it some more, I'm now 55% Rose and 45% Beasley. I realize this team needs an actual playmaker (Hinrich will never be that guy) just as much as they need a halfway decent big on the offensive end, but Beasley just completed one of the top 2-3 college seasons in NCAA history. Even if his size becomes somewhat of an issue in the NBA, I have no doubt that he'd easily, easily be the best offensive player on this team. We'll just have to wait and see. I thought Rose was a lock after hearing other Bulls fans' opinions, but not anymore.

6'9"-6'10" and 265 pounds...how is that an issue at all? That is a great PF body for the NBA, and the fact that he can jump, put the ball on the floor and stroke it he could even play the 3 position at times.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:25 AM   #62
ABTY7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ABTY7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
I really doubt he's 265 (most sites list him at 235-245), but I was mainly referring to his height. Weight shouldn't be an issue at all; he already has enough bulk to bang with most NBA power forwards, and I could see him adding another 10-15 lbs in a few more years. He should measure no taller than 6'9" after pre-draft measurements (I've heard anywhere from 6'7"-6'9"). Still, I don't see it being too big of an issue given his range and athleticism.

6'7" 3/4 in socks; 6'9" even in shoes.

Height is not the problem- my growing concern with Beasley is his mindset- he continues to talk about how he's a 3. Now if we draft him it doesn't really matter what his preference is, Collins will play him where he needs to be played- however you have to question weither Beasley will play more like a three than a four- he continues to say that he trys ti copy/his game compares best to Carmelo, which is great I'll take a 'Melo- however 'Melo isn't a low post scorer, he's just a scorer- nothing wrong with that either really just that we may not be getting exactly what everyone seems to think we'll be getting in Beasley...
ABTY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #63
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABTY7
6'7" 3/4 in socks; 6'9" even in shoes.

Height is not the problem- my growing concern with Beasley is his mindset- he continues to talk about how he's a 3. Now if we draft him it doesn't really matter what his preference is, Collins will play him where he needs to be played- however you have to question weither Beasley will play more like a three than a four- he continues to say that he trys ti copy/his game compares best to Carmelo, which is great I'll take a 'Melo- however 'Melo isn't a low post scorer, he's just a scorer- nothing wrong with that either really just that we may not be getting exactly what everyone seems to think we'll be getting in Beasley...

Beasley has post moves, but to use Beasley the most effective way you would start him at the top of the key or around the elbow. That way, he can use the dribble to get by bigger guys, post up smaller guys, or use his speed to create. Also using pick and roll or pick and pop sets with him is going to kill a lot of teams because of his range. Think of an athletic Dirk type of player. Dirk would be great on any team, but you don't see him catching the ball on the low block and going to work like Tim Duncan. He gets it around the free throw line and does his little fade away.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:04 PM   #64
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

yo why are yall talkin about beasley? it should even be more obvious now that collins coming on board we're drafting rose

DOUG COLLINS IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT BULLS COACH! DOESN'T THAT SCREAM DERRICK ROSE TO YOU GUYS?

on another note, becuz of collins hire, we might have a legitimate shot at elton brand, i haven't heard or seen anything on eltons side of the possibly comin back to chicago, altho i would assume he wouldn't be all that thrilled, he did get dropped without any love here, but with the collins hiring he actually might consider having being coached by collins son at duke
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #65
willyneu

willyneu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
yo why are yall talkin about beasley? it should even be more obvious now that collins coming on board we're drafting rose

DOUG COLLINS IS GOING TO BE THE NEXT BULLS COACH! DOESN'T THAT SCREAM DERRICK ROSE TO YOU GUYS?

on another note, becuz of collins hire, we might have a legitimate shot at elton brand, i haven't heard or seen anything on eltons side of the possibly comin back to chicago, altho i would assume he wouldn't be all that thrilled, he did get dropped without any love here, but with the collins hiring he actually might consider having being coached by collins son at duke

From what Doug's son has said in the past few days, he may prefer staying at Duke for now.

I get the impression taht Dough may want Rose over Beasley. This may depend on what otherpersonnel moves can be made before or inconjunction with the draft.
willyneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:43 PM   #66
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron

I dont think Brand would mind coming back. He's grown up alot since he left, understands the business, and knows were under new organization. On top of that he wants to win. And were in a winning position. Thats all he has to do is put the past behind him. The spot is wide open so come and get it before its closed.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:19 PM   #67
willyneu

willyneu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDEQspAWi28

^^ At the 2:00 mark, you hear Bucher talking about how Hinrich starting over Duhon affected the team's chemistry. I don't know how he could know such a thing, but if it's true, I find it pretty funny. We're talking about the majority of the players favoring a backup PG over a player who has started at PG for the last 3 years.. That's the kind of year he had, and that would be a reason to draft Rose. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if it wasn't true, though. Why do you hear about this months after they were eliminated from the playoffs and the season ended? All the "chemistry" talk throughout the season was about the Kobe rumors, Deng/Gordon rejecting extensions, Skiles' firing, etc. It's funny how Hinrich's playing time being an issue with the players comes up at the end of May.

There is one thing that has bothered about Capt. Kirt when he brings the ball across the line. It is a know factor the when Kirt dribbles the ball for a long period of time the teams last second shots get them in trouble. Their offense normally fairs better when the ball is passed around to get a good shot.
willyneu is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: