Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-21-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation
Default Even before Chicago landed the first overall pick in the draft at Tuesday night's lot

Even before Chicago landed the first overall pick in the draft at Tuesday night's lottery, it appeared as though the team was looking to trade point guard Kirk Hinrich, according to The Miami Herald.

It's believed that the Bulls will draft Derrick Rose while looking to deal current point guard Hinrich.

The Heat are one of the teams that could be interested in Hinrich's services as they covet an above-average passer.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fo...ry/540757.html (scroll down)

looks like you guys are taking Rose
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Even before Chicago landed the first overall pick in the draft at Tuesday night's lot

Sounds good to me, Rose has what it takes to soon be one of the best young true point gaurds in the league. Comparisons have him with the elite. I'm not saying he'll be spectacular right away, but he sure has the potential to be a great point gaurd for many years.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #3
rodneykm
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rodneykm has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Even before Chicago landed the first overall pick in the draft at Tuesday night's

I wouldn't go as far as to say Kirk is a terrible player. I think he had an off year last year.

How about something based around this? I don't know what else would need to come back from Denver to get this trade right.

Kirk Hinrich
Luol Deng

for

Carmello Anthony
rodneykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Even before Chicago landed the first overall pick in the draft at Tuesday night's lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5 2 3 5
Good move. Hinrich is a terrible player. In his rookie year, Rose will be more impactful than Hinrich ever was and ever will be. I initially thought we'd see a starting backcourt of Rose/Hinrich, but I don't mind Hughes or Gordon alongside Rose. More offense that way, and this team has been offensively challenged for way too long.

Kirk's off year, was better than most point guards best years.

Kirk still gets no respect from Chicago fans. Screw it trade him and watch him blow up infront of you. He can play.

Awards and Achievements
NBA All-Rookie First Team: 2004
All-NBA Defensive Second Team: 2007

Chicago Bulls franchise records
2nd in three-point field goals made, career - 639
2nd in three-point field goals attempted, career - 1695
4th in assists, career - 2477
6th in steals, career - 504
3rd in assists per game, career - 6.4

He is up there in good company.

Here is what he did at Kansas...

His 4 years he was there (freshmen year he only played about 20 minutes and never really shot the ball, sophmore year was much of the same)

He averaged about 12.5 pts, 4 reb, and 5 ast.
Jr year, 15 pts, 5 reb, 5 ast
Sr year, 17 pts, 4 reb, 3.5 ast

78% from the line
43% from 3PT
49% from the field

9th all time scorer at Kansas
3rd all time in steals
3rd all time in ast
3rd all time in 3pt'ers
Dutch Lonborg FT% award, Ted Owens Defensive Player award
3rd team All-American

Not bad for a player ranked #64th comming out of high school

Derrick Rose was very impressive at Memphis, no doubt.
15 pts, 5 ast, 4.5 reb

He has the skill set and the NBA body to become a Chris Paul type, but he isn't there yet. I think he is being over hyped, I watched him play this season. He didn't do jack in the first half of the biggest game of his life, second half he shows up...until the end of the game where he missed free throws. The guy can flat out play - but don't crown the guy yet. Let's see what he does in his first year - going to a solid team no matter what - he is getting put in a great position.

Also you say you want offense? Then you go with Beasley. He is going to give you 20/10 a night. Rose won't, atleast not in his rookie season. Rose isn't going to be averaging 20 points a game, 15 tops, with a few rebounds and a few asts.

Last edited by KaptnKirk12 : 05-21-2008 at 10:53 PM.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 AM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Even before Chicago landed the first overall pick in the draft at Tuesday night's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodneykm
I wouldn't go as far as to say Kirk is a terrible player. I think he had an off year last year.

How about something based around this? I don't know what else would need to come back from Denver to get this trade right.

Kirk Hinrich
Luol Deng

for

Carmello Anthony

to start you take carmelo out of that trade- he is not going anywhere& to have his name in any trade you would have to put derrick rose in it

but imo hinrich is the perfect player for the nuggets to try and trade for

how about camby and 2 1sts ? either iverson or kmart for hinrich and nocioni or another salary?

why wouldnt you want salaries like these 3 that expire soon? do you guys think that you will want expiring salaries now that you got rose or do you think they will just add the new guy and keep going? no matter what it seems like the bulls are in a great spot

please tell me if there is any bulls trade of hirich possible for any one or more of ai, camby, kmart-

i believe that iverson could help rose by being the best player on the team- rose would be able to ease into the star role instead of being immideatly thrust into it-

imo hinrich as your 2 gaurd isnt the best plan- if you keep him you have the luxery of the best backup pg in the league- i think that hinrich and gordon would both have great trade value around the league- i would be thrilled if either could be a nugget- congrat's on winning the pick- i think its the best thing for the nba (especially if you move some of the other players around)
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:36 AM   #6
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

trade hinrich for dorell wright and miamis 2nd round pick, than trade luol deng for a late lottery pick or charlie vee and milaukees 1 rounder with a possiblity of kevin love available

rose/duhon/jameson
hughs/gordon/sefalosha
nocioni/dorell wright/tyrus
gooden/charlie vee/kevin love
noah/gray/sasha kahn

with a team like that, injurys will not affect us
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 10:19 AM   #7
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Even before Chicago landed the first overall pick in the draft at Tuesday night's

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
trade hinrich for dorell wright and miamis 2nd round pick, than trade luol deng for a late lottery pick or charlie vee and milaukees 1 rounder with a possiblity of kevin love available

rose/duhon/jameson
hughs/gordon/sefalosha
nocioni/dorell wright/tyrus
gooden/charlie vee/kevin love
noah/gray/sasha kahn

with a team like that, injurys will not affect us

How does that first trade help? Dorell Wright would not play on that team, as TT would get the minutes at SF spelling Noc, and the second rounder would have minimal impact on an already deep team. The good thing about the lineup you have is that there would only be two unreasonable contracts in Hughes and Gordon. I was completely against bringing Gordon back, but with the rumors that Kirk might be traded, we would definitely need to keep him as a shooter. I just hope Paxson doesn't get suckered into giving him any more than $6-8 million/year. Any more than that is too much for a shooter that doesn't really help out anywhere else. Also, if you are going to draft Kevin Love, why trade for Charlie V? Love needs the minutes, and I bet he will be better than Charlie this season. Get someone that can help, like drafting an OJ Mayo or any other shooting guard not named Eric Gordon.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: