Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #1
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool
Default Bulls Summer Ideas

I'll make this short and sweet, no real explanations:

Let's get Avery Johnson. His micro-managing didn't work on an uber-talented Mavs roster, but it's just what a young, relatively undisciplined and leaderless Bulls team needs. Get him for 4-5 mil a year.

Get a starting 2guard:
The Nets are rebuilding, so help them out: Hughes, TT, 2nd round pick for VC

Why get VC if we don't want to win now? Improve front court:
Noc, Noah, 1st round pick, filler salaries for Jermaine Oneal

Roll out:
Hinrich - Duhon
VC - Thabo
Deng - Kryahpa
Gooden - FA
Jermaine - Gray

I think that team can compete... good shot at ECF, and a possible finals appearance. Then it's anyone's game.

What are your thoughts on my ideas? What are your ideas?
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 06:45 PM   #2
Starkonian
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Starkonian has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bulls Summer Ideas

I don't know about those two. Might be interesting for a season but they both have peaked. JO is always injured and Carter plays poor defense.
If we could steal either one for a pick or bench combo deal I'd be interested.
Starkonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

I love the starting lineup, but that gives us NO bench at all. And NO draft picks in a deep draft.

Also what happens to Ben Gordon? And how are we resigning Deng?

I would rather give up Deng and keep our first round pick to get JO. Just replace Deng with Noc in that trade, throw in a future 2nd rounder.

Use that first round pick to grab Darrell Arthur.

Hinrich/Duhon
VC/Thabo
Nocioni/FA?
Gooden/Arthur
JO/Gray

As for all this speculation though, it isn't even worth it. Pax is a puss and won't pull the trigger at all. Personally if I was a GM, no way would I hold on to all these players if they had that dissapointing of a season in the East. I'd try to pull of something like what the Celtics did and just redue the whole roster.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #4
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

Ah, I knew I forgot someone.. Gordon.

Hinrich - Duhon
VC - Gordon
Deng - Thabo - Kryhapa
Gooden - FA
Oneal - Gray

I think that we have a solid bench. Most teams don't give 10 players extended minutes, so the lack of a backup PF isn't a HUGE issue.. we just need "warm bodies" to throw in there in case of foul trouble, etc. Our backcourt is well-stocked, as Thabo can play 1, 2 or 3, Carter can play 2 or 3, etc. We are thin up front, but as I said.. just get some warm bodies to spell Oneal, Gray and Gooden every now and then.

Just an idea... I honestly think that we'd compete in the East with that lineup, assuming we are healthy come playoff time (and make the playoffs, of course)
Old 05-15-2008, 08:33 PM   #5
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
I'll make this short and sweet, no real explanations:

Let's get Avery Johnson. His micro-managing didn't work on an uber-talented Mavs roster, but it's just what a young, relatively undisciplined and leaderless Bulls team needs. Get him for 4-5 mil a year.

Get a starting 2guard:
The Nets are rebuilding, so help them out: Hughes, TT, 2nd round pick for VC

Why get VC if we don't want to win now? Improve front court:
Noc, Noah, 1st round pick, filler salaries for Jermaine Oneal

Roll out:
Hinrich - Duhon
VC - Thabo
Deng - Kryahpa
Gooden - FA
Jermaine - Gray

I think that team can compete... good shot at ECF, and a possible finals appearance. Then it's anyone's game.

What are your thoughts on my ideas? What are your ideas?

dude your nuts if you want to get rid of Sefolosha......I was hard on him in the past but he can play....he just needed the playing time.....I see him as one of our key bench players along with Noch....

I dont want O'Neal or Vince Carter.......O'neal is injury prone and Vince Carter has the same basketball smarts as a 4 year old......

and I think gooden has some more years on his contract....I dont think hes a FA........

and Kryahpra was cut like 4 months ago....

also....Grey you want to keep as a back up big.....in the minutes he got....he produced for us.....hes got good footwork inside.....not very quick but can get the job done...
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 09:53 PM   #6
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

No offense, but you're not smart... I don't want to get rid of Thabo, I never said that. Also, Gooden - FA doesn't mean "Gooden is a FA" It means Gooden's back up will be a (F)ree (A)gent that we sign.. get it? As for Oneal, yes he's injury prone, but for that same reason, an all-star caliber big can be had on the cheap. As for VC, his smarts may not be high, but if he isn't "The Man" I think he will do very well
Old 05-15-2008, 11:01 PM   #7
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I want the Bulls to go after someone who can still play really well right now and really contribute to getting this team back into being a top contender in the east. Those players are someone like Elton Brand, Arenas or Baron Davis.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 11:16 PM   #8
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
No offense, but you're not smart... I don't want to get rid of Thabo, I never said that. Also, Gooden - FA doesn't mean "Gooden is a FA" It means Gooden's back up will be a (F)ree (A)gent that we sign.. get it? As for Oneal, yes he's injury prone, but for that same reason, an all-star caliber big can be had on the cheap. As for VC, his smarts may not be high, but if he isn't "The Man" I think he will do very well

Im not smart......make a chart that someone understands....second.....O'Neal is a max player so he wont be cheap......third....you want a guy in Vince Carter...who quit on his team?....a player who couldnt guard you I rather have Deng than him and oh yeah...may I add that hes in his early 30's and is slowly declining......

so with those points that you have....your not very smart
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:15 AM   #9
jackietreehorn

jackietreehorn has an OK reputation so far

since rumors are saying that denver might be shopping Carmelo and Camby, maybe we should put together a package
jackietreehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:36 AM   #10
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I want the Bulls to go after someone who can still play really well right now and really contribute to getting this team back into being a top contender in the east. Those players are someone like Elton Brand, Arenas or Baron Davis.

The Bulls should go for Baron Davis. I say the Bulls do a sign and trade and ship Kirk Hinrich to the Warriors.

PG-Davis
SG-Hughes
SF-Deng
PF-Gooden
C-Noah
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #11
Starkonian

Starkonian has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by idizzle
The Bulls should go for Baron Davis. I say the Bulls do a sign and trade and ship Kirk Hinrich to the Warriors.

PG-Davis
SG-Hughes
SF-Deng
PF-Gooden
C-Noah

I believe Kirk is already locked down to a contract. I doubt the warriors would trade Davis straight up for Hinrich. If they would, I'd jump on that in a heart beat.
Starkonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:10 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

If Carmelo becomes available Paxson better not screw that one up. He'd be the biggest name the Bulls have had since Elton Brand. Paxson better offer almost anything they'd want. First round draft pick, Tyrus Thomas, sign and trade Luol Deng. Hinrich, Carmelo, Drew Gooden, re-sign Ben Gordon, Nocioni, Noah, Gray and Larry Hughes would be a 40+ win team easily in the east. Plus, Carmelo and the NBA would have to love it. Carmelo would be the star player in a major city and think about him and LeBron on the same conference. There would be many Bulls/Cavs on prime time next season if that happened.

Just think if they got to keep Thomas too and just sign and traded Luol Deng, draft pick and maybe Larry Hughes.

PG: Kirk Hinrich/?
SG: Sefolosha/Ben Gordon
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Andres Nocioni
PF: Drew Gooden/Tyrus Thomas
C: Noah/Gray

Head coach: Avery Johnson

That has the potential to be a 40-50 win team.

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 05-16-2008 at 07:20 PM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:32 PM   #13
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieHardBullsFan
Im not smart......make a chart that someone understands....second.....O'Neal is a max player so he wont be cheap......third....you want a guy in Vince Carter...who quit on his team?....a player who couldnt guard you I rather have Deng than him and oh yeah...may I add that hes in his early 30's and is slowly declining......

so with those points that you have....your not very smart

Don't try to cover it up. Everyone understood what he was saying - except for you. He did it just like everyone else here does it.

O'Neal who is an All-Star, would be easier to get than almost any other All-Star because he is injury prone. And if the Pacers want to move him and are open about it, that makes his stock drop even lower.

As for Vince Carter. He'd be a big name than this team needs. While he is no Kobe Bryant, he can still play. And Chicago gave Ben Wallace a fat ass contract when he was on the decline - going after him wouldn't surprise anyone. Early 30's haha, that sounds so retarded .
Old 05-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #14
KaptnKirk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
If Carmelo becomes available Paxson better not screw that one up. He'd be the biggest name the Bulls have had since Elton Brand. Paxson better offer almost anything they'd want. First round draft pick, Tyrus Thomas, sign and trade Luol Deng. Hinrich, Carmelo, Drew Gooden, re-sign Ben Gordon, Nocioni, Noah, Gray and Larry Hughes would be a 40+ win team easily in the east. Plus, Carmelo and the NBA would have to love it. Carmelo would be the star player in a major city and think about him and LeBron on the same conference. There would be many Bulls/Cavs on prime time next season if that happened.

Just think if they got to keep Thomas too and just sign and traded Luol Deng, draft pick and maybe Larry Hughes.

PG: Kirk Hinrich/?
SG: Sefolosha/Ben Gordon
SF: Carmelo Anthony/Andres Nocioni
PF: Drew Gooden/Tyrus Thomas
C: Noah/Gray

Head coach: Avery Johnson

That has the potential to be a 40-50 win team.

Love it.

Getting Melo would be insane - the city would explode.

Giving them a young big man, who would be great next to Camby - and would help their defense a little.
Luol would also help a rebuilding period if the deal went through. And finally getting a top 10 pick in a deep draft.

Carter/Atkins
Iverson/Smith
Deng/Kleiza/Najera
Martin/Tyrus
Camby/Nene/Hunter

That team would be solid - Iverson and Deng would probably be just as effective as Iverson and Melo - and then it gives them a deeper bench.

As for that Hughes deal, I couldn't see them taking that - but I'd probably be more for that because it would free cap space up.
Old 05-17-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

I'd love to get Carmello. I know alot of people dont like his attitude and his swagger, but he's the kind of young talent this team needs. we should be open to trade anyone on this team for him. He's not the best defender, but were a good defensive team. Its a small sacrifice for a boost on offense, cause right now our offense sucks. I doubt the nuggets deal him, but Paxson should put together a package anyway. Maybe a sign and trade of Deng, Hinrich, and the pick would make Denver consider. However they may want Thomas instead of Hinrich, but i'd give him up too.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: