Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-21-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool
Default Spain VS Germany

I just finished watching. I watched online and there was no sound (It was in Chinese).

Jose Calderon played great. Pau was in a little foul trouble. Toronto other player Garbosa I think played really well.

Dirk was not a huge difference

Spain won 92 - 71.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 06:22 AM   #2
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Just as I predicted. Spain F-ing rocks, don't even try to mess with them. The tourney will come down to them versus the US, the rest aren't close (I'm looking at you Argentina)
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:41 AM   #3
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Jorge Garbajosa added 12 points, but more importantly played tight defense on Dirk Nowitzki and held the Germany star to just 14 points on 5-9 shooting.

"They really tried to keep the ball away from me and no one had any room to operate," Nowitzki admitted. "We couldn't get into a rhythm in the second half and couldn't create any open shots for anyone."

The key to the game was Calderon's dribble penetration as he broke down the German offense and dished out six assists in addition to his 20 points. The Spain marksmen hit 11 of their 18 three-pointers for an amazing 61 per cent.

Great news about Jorge's defense indeed!

Also, why is it that Calderon can shoot a high percentage in international play but not in the NBA? Against Germany he shot 89% for the game! And yet in the NBA his lack of shooting is a liability because the other team doesn't have ot guard him. I've seen him miss a ton of open looks for Toronto but nail them with a hand in his face for Spain. What's the deal Jose?

The Gasol Brothers Are Taking This Championship™

Last edited by kwajo : 08-21-2006 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
AKADS

Jose walked up pulled up at the NBA 3 and nailed it in this game. He can't hit that shot in warm ups in the NBA?????

Hopefully Spain makes it to the finals and wins and Jose developes some confindence in his game.

Garbosa (sp?) hit 4/5 from 3 land. Everyone one with Raptors TV the game is on at 8 PM EST.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:36 PM   #5
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

It is so funny you raptor fans talking about jose cause the piston fans were saying the same thing about calos arroyo when he played great in 2004.Then he came home and sucked.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #6
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

spain is nasty

Quote:
It is so funny you raptor fans talking about jose cause the piston fans were saying the same thing about calos arroyo when he played great in 2004.Then he came home and sucked.

when arroyo came home he didnt suck at all, detroit traded him to the magic and he did a good job in orlando
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
AKADS

But i think that Arroyos had problems bcause of the system the Pistons played. The Raptors are goin to run this yr and that should help Jose. i also don't think TJ is more then a 30 minuites a night guy
Old 08-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #8
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

TJ better be a 30 minute guy if jose is his backup
Old 08-21-2006, 10:02 PM   #9
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Jose is more than capable of taking 20 minutes a game at point, especially if he can find his stroke
Old 08-21-2006, 10:31 PM   #10
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

I hope Spain wins the whole darn thing. That'd be awesome.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:34 PM   #11
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

^ you'd be seeing a lot of these two then:

Old 08-21-2006, 10:39 PM   #12
Zombles
Local High School Star

Zombles has decent reputation

Spain is defensively weaker on the perimeter then even the US. Wade, Hinrich, Paul, and JJ will mess them up worse then Navarro + Calderon will mess us up.

Look at what Marbury did to them in Athens.

I think they're one of the most talented teams in the tournament but they don't match-up great against the US.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:26 PM   #13
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

spain won't beat us..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: