Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 05-23-2008, 02:03 AM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Where do Suns go now?

other than Amare, this Suns team is old... Shaq and is big ass are clogging up cap space so we are basically a team with an aging Nash and Amare in his prime... Shaq is nothing more than Eric Dampier at this point in his career... what can the Suns do? They don't have much flexibility....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Darius07 has decent reputationDarius07 has decent reputation
Default Re: Where do Suns go now?

Well we have DIaw and Barbs which we could use as trading options. We have the 15 and we could try to move up in the draft. I really like the deal [i]if[i] New York was willing. Lee and the 6 For Barbs and the 15 or whatever something along those lines. Nash can still perform he just can't play 32 min a night.
Darius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:04 PM   #3
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Who's worth getting at the 6? Is there anyone really "that good" in this draft. I'd keep Barbosa instead of that deal.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:41 PM   #4
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

no id send barbs and boris in a heartbeat, but yeah i like that trade ALOT because that could possibly answer our future PG problems because we could land jerryd bayless, a hometown star.
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:14 PM   #5
Maniak
Siobhan Sharpe

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

We could actually possibly snag CDR from the draft, and hes a great player imo...

There is alot of good players we can get even at our pick status.

We need to build around Amare, I think we will have to think about moving Shaq.

Why I didnt say nash?

1)I've always loved his play on the suns, and id hate to see him go
2)Sure, hes in his 30s, but he still has some good years left in him.

Shaq is just a big contract sitting here, id love to see him moved for a younger centre in here.

We also need a good hybrid coach. By hybrid i mean both defense/offense minded, but we do need alot of help on the defense.

Last, we need continual passion from the fans, i loved their intensity at all our home games!
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

HHMM CDR at 15? well since you need a three that will do but i dont think manny teams would gamble 15 .. but CDR is CDR. people doesnt seem to be so high on him though. We will all see that 2 weeks before daft time if CDR is worth to be picked that high.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:08 AM   #7
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
We could actually possibly snag CDR from the draft, and hes a great player imo...

There is alot of good players we can get even at our pick status.

We need to build around Amare, I think we will have to think about moving Shaq.

Why I didnt say nash?

1)I've always loved his play on the suns, and id hate to see him go
2)Sure, hes in his 30s, but he still has some good years left in him.

Shaq is just a big contract sitting here, id love to see him moved for a younger centre in here.

We also need a good hybrid coach. By hybrid i mean both defense/offense minded, but we do need alot of help on the defense.

Last, we need continual passion from the fans, i loved their intensity at all our home games!
MOving Shaq is awfully difficult. Not much of a chance anyones gonna take that contract.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:37 AM   #8
23airjordan23
Nash 4 MVP

23airjordan23 has decent reputation

I wanna keep barbs, hes was the only one playing in game 3
23airjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:46 AM   #9
Maniak
Siobhan Sharpe

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23airjordan23

Yeah I know, hes a really good passionate player.

Whats the yrs left on shaqs contract?

And also, CDR might be picked higher, but, its a nice thought if we could get him.

If not, i've also been thinking of one of the european centres, i saw a thread awhile ago about them, there seemed to be a few promising looking players, altho i forget their names
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #10
Darius07
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23airjordan23
Ya but that was the only game he was playing good in. Where was he for the rest of the series. But don't get me wrong i love barbs just as much as the next suns fan.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:37 AM   #11
porebo
I hit open 100-footers

porebo has decent reputationporebo has decent reputation

you need a better backup pg, barbosa cant play at the point, neither biaw or bell,
trading him to knicks should be good for him, more minutes more points and more run run run.

What happened with arlando tucker?
porebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:58 PM   #12
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Alando Tucker can be like Bell. D antoni wasted him together with dj strawberry. never give them a chance to shine.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:12 AM   #13
23airjordan23
Nash 4 MVP

23airjordan23 has decent reputation

Shaq sucks, build a franchise around amare , pick up a pg or a center in the draft *cough*Nathan jawai*cough*
23airjordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:13 PM   #14
$un$4L!FE
I airball my layups

$un$4L!FE has an OK reputation so far

You are very right about how the suns have very old players.

I think Nash is going to be pretty good next year but Shaq, i can see him missing most of the season because of some sort of injury.

Barbosa and Diaw are the players to keep. They need to keep Nash because he can be explosive at any time same with Stoudemire.

Now that we have Shaq, it is just going to cause problems. He is just not any good like he was when he was younger.

They definitely need to pick up some young guys from college in order for them to be a good team.
$un$4L!FE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:15 PM   #15
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I been hearing and reading that if the Suns can't advance deep in the playoffs that the team might start rebulding and that Steve Nash could be the first to go.

I still think the Suns still have a good chance to be an elite team. They just need to get young at the PG, and SF spots.

In the event that Steve Nash leaves, the Suns should try to get Kirk Hinrich from the Bulls, seeing that Derrick Rose is the future. Hinrich is a good shooter and he's a good defender

In the event that Grant Hill leaves the Suns should try to go after Gerald Wallace, Richard Jefferson, or Mike Miller.

The C spot should be okay with Lopez.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: