Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 08-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #16
Finn T-Mac
Great young streetballer

Finn T-Mac has an OK reputation so far

K-mart is still a beast!
Finn T-Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:57 PM   #17
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMo
Kenyon Martin not good? You gotta be kidding me! Kenyon grabbed so many boards. More importantly, he would give it up to Kidd right away to start the break. He would also finish a lot of those fast breaks dunking on someones mouth. He could also post some one up. He could face them up. He could evan hit the 10-15 foot jumper. I liked Charles Oakley and have a lot of respect for the man but, He is no Kenyon Martin. Lets go through it one time.

Offensive rebounding- K-Mart-Oak Tree
Defensive rebounding- K-Mart-Oak Tree
Pick and rolls- K-Mart-Oak Tree
Running the floor-KMart
Passing- Oak Tree
Shooting-Oak Tree
Low post scoring-K-Mart-Oak Tree
Block shots-K-Mart
Defense-K-Mart-Oak Tree
better athlete-K-Mart
Enforcer-Tie (Remember..Oak was tough but, Mason & Ewing had his back) K-Mart enforced on his own.-Oak Tree
better Dunker_K-Mart

K-Mart 10 Oak Tree-3
Both Awesome players
If you still disagree with my K-Mart opinions, Check out the K-Mart montage on YouTube.com (Sick Dunks & Blocks)
Know your Nets Kid.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:11 PM   #18
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We still have this problem 3 yrs later
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:37 PM   #19
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
We still have this problem 3 yrs later
More of a SF problem now.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:16 AM   #20
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
More of a SF problem now.
well i pretty-much disagree.

right now we have three swingmen (besides carter) that each bring something a little different to the table. almost every game one of them turns in a very solid performance depending on which one of them gets the PT due to matchups and stuff.

many championship teams have done far worse than having a hayes-simmons-hassell situation at SF.

meanwhile, we almost never know what we're going to get at PF. we have one chinese guy who should really be dressed in black magician's clothes because it's a total mystery whether he will do anything useful or not, and one caucasian guy who is a rookie, so we can't be totally hard on him whether he disappears or not.

i mean, by next year, is this same situation going to be acceptable at the PF slot?

Last edited by gigantes : 03-13-2009 at 04:21 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 09:07 AM   #21
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Will the Nets Ever pick up a 4 who can rebound and play D?

I think its a combination of both PF and SF. As far as the SF situation goes...i think we have a solid SF in Hayes right now, and also depending on which nights, you'll get production from the other SF's. But the problem is, i think that the SF's that we have are one dimensional. Hayes and Simmons are good 3 point shooters and can put up points when needed but they have to expand their game. (slashing, taking to the rim, rebounding, assists, mid range, etc) If they can work on these aspects then there will not be a need to fill that SF void. If they cannot better their game then we will need to invest in a SF like a Carmelo Anthony type of player that will instantly give that to you, and then have your backup SF like Hayes and Simmons coming off the bench to give us those 3's.

As far as the PF situation, i agree that you really dont know what your getting. The PF's we have now seem to me to be more of backup PF's. No one has really stepped it up with the attitude like "Im the Starting PF" We have a lot of potentials in Williams, Anderson, Yi, Boone, Najera...but whose going to really step it up? I think Najera or Anderson could be that dude. If not, then what the Nets orginzation is going to have to do is dump 2 of these PF's and pickup and instant starting PF (someone like an Emeka Okafur or Rasheed Wallace) ***note im not suggesting that we pick up these players, im just making reference them***

Kenny Smith said it best in his analysis of the Eastern Conference. Basically he said that the Nets and the Bulls can be stable playoff contenders for years to come if they just make one more major move...

I think that move will be what i talked about above.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #22
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

You just reminded me..

where the hell is Najera ??
Alan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 01:41 PM   #23
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
You just reminded me..

where the hell is Najera ??
Out for the season, I think he's getting surgery.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #24
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
well i pretty-much disagree.

right now we have three swingmen (besides carter) that each bring something a little different to the table. almost every game one of them turns in a very solid performance depending on which one of them gets the PT due to matchups and stuff.

many championship teams have done far worse than having a hayes-simmons-hassell situation at SF.

meanwhile, we almost never know what we're going to get at PF. we have one chinese guy who should really be dressed in black magician's clothes because it's a total mystery whether he will do anything useful or not, and one caucasian guy who is a rookie, so we can't be totally hard on him whether he disappears or not.

i mean, by next year, is this same situation going to be acceptable at the PF slot?
Exaclty
Old 03-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #25
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
...what the Nets orginzation is going to have to do is dump 2 of these PF's and pickup and instant starting PF (someone like an Emeka Okafur or Rasheed Wallace) ***note im not suggesting that we pick up these players, im just making reference them***

Kenny Smith said it best in his analysis of the Eastern Conference. Basically he said that the Nets and the Bulls can be stable playoff contenders for years to come if they just make one more major move...

I think that move will be what i talked about above.
here's an idea- elton brand has been a bust and looks like a terrible fit for the sixers. not to mention they have very little need for him anyway with the great play of thaddeus young. i'm sure they've been wanting to unload his big, long contract but probably have had no serious offers.

they also need good shooters.

so send yi (a shooter), simmons (to match contracts), and the other dallas #1 pick we got in the kidd trade to the sixers for brand.

it solves a big roster and contract headache for the sixers and gives us a stud who should work far better in the nets offense than he did in the sixers fastbreak offense.

the negatives would be that it uses up simmons' $10 million that would have been free for 2010 and there's the question of whether brand will turn into an injury machine. but hey, okafur and wallace have big price tags too.

Last edited by gigantes : 03-13-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:15 PM   #26
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
here's an idea- elton brand has been a bust and looks like a terrible fit for the sixers. not to mention they have very little need for him anyway with the great play of thaddeus young. i'm sure they've been wanting to unload his big, long contract but probably have had no serious offers.

so send yi (a shooter), simmons (to match contracts), and the other dallas #1 pick we got in the kidd trade to the sixers for brand.

it solves a big roster and contract headache for the sixers and gives us a stud who should work far better in the nets offense than he did in the sixers fastbreak offense.

the negatives would be that it uses up simmons' $10 million that would have been free for 2010 and there's the question of whether brand will turn into an injury machine. but hey, okafur and wallace have big price tags too.

Now thats the best thing ive heard all day. are there any openings for GM? lol..

You know what i also think. I think that it would be a damn good idea if somehow the nets management/owners/etc can make a forum to where we the fans express our opinions, trade scenarios, and suggestions to these guys. Something that they can see and can respond to. Cause who else knows the nets better than the fans. Im not saying that we make the decisions, cause obviously that wont happen but some kind of 2 way feedback/communication between us nets fans and kiki...i think that would be kind of cool..
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #27
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:

I am not a fan of that trade at all....
Old 03-14-2009, 03:23 AM   #28
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyBlaze
Now thats the best thing ive heard all day. are there any openings for GM? lol..
heh, thanks.
i think that's the first trade scenerio i've ever imagined.

Quote:
You know what i also think. I think that it would be a damn good idea if somehow the nets management/owners/etc can make a forum to where we the fans express our opinions, trade scenarios, and suggestions to these guys. Something that they can see and can respond to. Cause who else knows the nets better than the fans. Im not saying that we make the decisions, cause obviously that wont happen but some kind of 2 way feedback/communication between us nets fans and kiki...i think that would be kind of cool..
well, if you're a season ticket holder then you get to meet with thorn and vandy twice a season in a town hall format and put forth anything on your mind.

beyond that, there are hundreds of thousands of fans following each franchise and probably 99.9% of them are going to come up with crap ideas, so the challenge would be filtering out the junk to get to the good stuff.

i mean, if you have a good idea for how to do that then i'd love to see it work out...

i think part of the problem is not the fans' fault, either.
too often we're forced to rely on reporters for information, and yes, we do get to watch the games, but we also miss all the behind-the-scenes stuff taking place 24/7.

if some of us were allowed into practices or allowed to travel with the team and blog i'm sure we could have figured out a long time ago which players had serious issues (case in point, jeff mcginnis, linton whatever-his-name-was, the williamses) and when the coaches were failing to do a good job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
I am not a fan of that trade at all....
lol, i'm not sure i am either. it was just a stray idea.

biggest problem i see with it, obviously, is that if brand isn't able to return to his all star level because of age / injuries, then we're totally completely screwed by the length of his contract.

is that what you meant?
Old 03-14-2009, 12:08 PM   #29
It's A VC3!!!
I will believe

It's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIt's A VC3!!! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We do have a 4 that CAN rebound and play D. Yi and Anderson. Anderson

never plays and we have all seen Yi put up 15/10, but we will not see that Yi

this season again, because he lost all his confidence he sucks at shooting

now. I hope the Nets can think about getting Boozer after his contract ends

this summer.
It's A VC3!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 12:27 PM   #30
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
We do have a 4 that CAN rebound and play D. Yi and Anderson. Anderson

never plays and we have all seen Yi put up 15/10, but we will not see that Yi

this season again, because he lost all his confidence he sucks at shooting

now. I hope the Nets can think about getting Boozer after his contract ends

this summer.
We should just pick Boozer up, and say screw it to the 2010 season "pickups". Honestly, there is as much talent this season as the 2010 season for the Nets.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: