Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 03-23-2009, 09:22 PM   #31
BrooklynNets
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BrooklynNets has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Will the Nets Ever pick up a 4 who can rebound and play D?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
here's an idea- elton brand has been a bust and looks like a terrible fit for the sixers. not to mention they have very little need for him anyway with the great play of thaddeus young. i'm sure they've been wanting to unload his big, long contract but probably have had no serious offers.

they also need good shooters.

so send yi (a shooter), simmons (to match contracts), and the other dallas #1 pick we got in the kidd trade to the sixers for brand.

it solves a big roster and contract headache for the sixers and gives us a stud who should work far better in the nets offense than he did in the sixers fastbreak offense.

the negatives would be that it uses up simmons' $10 million that would have been free for 2010 and there's the question of whether brand will turn into an injury machine. but hey, okafur and wallace have big price tags too.

It's an interesting idea but I think it works better for the Sixers. They do seem intent on removing Brand from the mix if they can get something back. They need shooters so both Yi and Simmons they would like. Yi would fit well into their fastbreak offense.

Brand is a great player (despite being from Duke) but do you really want him coming off an injury? And his contract looks awful when you consider the salary cap will be shrinking. Plus it completely ties the Nets hands for years to come.

I might consider Wallace on a one year deal but I think I would prefer to be patient for one more year and see what we get from Yi/Anderson/Najera in 09-10.
BrooklynNets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:26 PM   #32
BrooklynNets
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BrooklynNets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
We should just pick Boozer up, and say screw it to the 2010 season "pickups". Honestly, there is as much talent this season as the 2010 season for the Nets.

Well it looks like Boozer might not opt out of his contract this summer after all. Given his injuries this year, the economy, the fact that Detroit is the only team with cap space, and the JO trade that the Heat pulled off there is speculation he will just stay put.

I would love Boozer even though, like Brand, he is a Dookie!
BrooklynNets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 12:02 PM   #33
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynNets
Brand is a great player (despite being from Duke) but do you really want him coming off an injury?
up until last year he was not considered injury-prone.
and i know of no reason why the shoulder thing won't heal.

plus, this is why you have your team's doctors do a close exam before a trade goes through. why is why we sent SAR back, and why that was the right call.

Quote:
And his contract looks awful when you consider the salary cap will be shrinking. Plus it completely ties the Nets hands for years to come.
"this is our concern, dude."
- brandt, the big lebowski

Quote:
I might consider Wallace on a one year deal but I think I would prefer to be patient for one more year and see what we get from Yi/Anderson/Najera in 09-10.
yea, i don't see much choice in the matter for the nets but to be patient.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: