Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2008, 02:38 PM   #16
disco
Serious playground baller
 
disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 422
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

...comments in the other thread.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #17
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,237
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

Can't believe Randolph is still on the board.

That means we have some smart posters, but I was never impressed by him.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:04 PM   #18
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,757
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

With the 13th pick the Blazers select DJ Augustin
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:06 PM   #19
monthh
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 888
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

I like the way the draft has gone to this point. Each guy is making a decision based on who they think fits their team the best. Westbrook has really be the only reach, and every year guys fall and Randolph is as good of a choice as any to fall in this draft. No team really seems like a great fit for him so far.

Crazy things happen in every draft and anyone could go with the usual picks based on mock drafts on other sites, but NBA teams won't and I am glad people haven't so far. That is what makes it more fun.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:07 AM   #20
disco
Serious playground baller
 
disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 422
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
I like the way the draft has gone to this point. Each guy is making a decision based on who they think fits their team the best. Westbrook has really be the only reach, and every year guys fall and Randolph is as good of a choice as any to fall in this draft. No team really seems like a great fit for him so far.

Crazy things happen in every draft and anyone could go with the usual picks based on mock drafts on other sites, but NBA teams won't and I am glad people haven't so far. That is what makes it more fun.

Me too. It's been really good so far. Well done everyone!
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:29 AM   #21
VCMVP1551
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Charlie Villanuevas Eyebrows
Posts: 6,732
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

The Bulls would be making a huge mistake if they pass on Rose.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:12 PM   #22
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,237
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
The Bulls would be making a huge mistake if they pass on Rose.
Rose doesn't solve any problems for them. They already have Hinrich. He just had a bad year. Derrick Rose isn't going to score for them in the paint.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:31 PM   #23
monthh
Good High School Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 888
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

I think the Bulls pick comes down to which is better, Hinrich and Beasley, or Rose and whoever they trade Hinrich for. If they are going to get Jermaine O'Neal, then I think Rose is the smarter pick. If they are only going to get Chris Wilcox for him, though, then I take Beasley and keep Hinrich.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:00 PM   #24
disco
Serious playground baller
 
disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 422
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

If they decide to pick Rose, does it automatically mean they'd have to trade Hinrich? I think they can co-exist.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:10 PM   #25
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,237
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
If they decide to pick Rose, does it automatically mean they'd have to trade Hinrich? I think they can co-exist.
But why take Rose and keep Hinrich when you need Beasley?

Anyway, with that said, it sounds like Chicago is going to take Rose.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #26
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!
 
Mr_Basketball#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Eddie House
Posts: 6,634
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

GoldenState selects-Anthony Randolph
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:16 PM   #27
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!
 
LBJ 4 MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 2,158
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

With the 15th pick, the Phoenix Suns select Nicolas Batum from France

Last edited by LBJ 4 MVP : 05-27-2008 at 05:19 PM.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #28
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,237
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

I can't believe DeAndre Jordan is still on the board.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:01 PM   #29
disco
Serious playground baller
 
disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 422
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
But why take Rose and keep Hinrich when you need Beasley?

Anyway, with that said, it sounds like Chicago is going to take Rose.

Well, because you would get the best player in the draft and form a backcourt that can become the best backcourt in the league. I think Beasley wouldn't definitely benefit them, but I don't that having Hinrich there is a reason not to pick Rose.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:20 PM   #30
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,237
Default Re: ISH-Wide Mock Draft Picks Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
Well, because you would get the best player in the draft and form a backcourt that can become the best backcourt in the league. I think Beasley wouldn't definitely benefit them, but I don't that having Hinrich there is a reason not to pick Rose.
It's not a reason to pick Beasley. Them sorely needing a scoring big men is the reason. Hinrich just makes things easier.

People say Rose is the best player in the draft like Beasley is light years behind him. IMO, it's only because Memphis went to the national championship game. No one was saying this about Rose before the tourney. No one.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:05 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy