Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-26-2008, 10:20 PM   #16
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Realistic Expectations

deng and kirk12, both of you guys have good points on this, really.....chicago and miami can go both ways on this and they'll be good.......chicago can go with rose and lots of people from chicago will be happy, if they go with beastly, other half of those people will be happy.....don't get me wrong, i love the bulls just as much as you guys do.......but, either way the bulls go on this, miami is gonna be good for years to come......if they end up with rose, imagine rose and wade......if they end up with beastly, wade and beastly....just imagine those combination..........

and i have to be honest tho, if we look at the biggest need for the bulls.....we have to go with beastly......hinrich is not a bad of a pg, so we can work with that......we need low post scoring, and beastly is right there for us to take.............but, the way i look at it, rose is one of a kind player.......he might not put up the best numbers in college, but he does the smallest thing on the court that makes the biggest impact, like assist and getting other guys open..........he wasn't first team all american, but there's a reason why they went to the finals...........

deron williams wasn't the best pg in college during his years at illinois, but he was a big reason they almost went undefeated and went to the championship.....

and also, another reason i want rose is because we have more value in our guards than our forwards......so, if we get rose.....we probably have more takers for either hinrich, gordon, and hughes than thomas, noah, or gooden........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:19 AM   #17
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

I'll go for Rose
-this league is becoming more of a guard orriented league
-inside players doesn't get calls as much as they used to
-chris paul, tony parker, deron
-atlanta drafted forwards instead of a pg and regret it
-Chicago needs a leader
-Chicago needs someone that can get 8-10fts and Rose has the potential
-Rose will make the other bulls players better (deng, tyrus, gooden, noah) more than beasley(Kirk, Gordon, hughes, Thabo) imo

Last edited by trig : 05-27-2008 at 02:08 AM.
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:21 AM   #18
Chitown sports
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chitown sports has an OK reputation so far

I don't understand why so many people point to Chris Paul and Deron Williams as premiss for the league being a "point guard league." The fact is they are talented, just as Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett are talented and the power forward position was the trend a few years ago. It just so happened that a couple of extremely talented point guards entered the NBA simultaneously; it has nothing to do with the style of play in the NBA being conducive to the point guard position. With that said, both Rose and Beasley will provide the Bulls with a legitimate go-to guy or talent, which is the only trend and necessity for winning a championship. It is my opinion, Beasley's impact will be more immediate and and requires fewer moves with the current roster. Rose is a great player as well, but his selection would require more to be done with the current roster. Just my humble opinion.

Last edited by Chitown sports : 05-27-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Chitown sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:41 AM   #19
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

captainkirk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABTY7
So we could go back-and-forth on who is the correct pick to make- in the end the fact is we're going to be a better team next year regardless of if it's Rose or Beasley so heres the real question(s):

Who do you think will be the next head coach?

What do you expect for the team this upcoming season?

When do you think we will be a legitimate title contender again (if ever)?
41-41

an assitant who wants to step up or a player who's just finished his career

when something change at the top of bulls organization
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 12:49 PM   #20
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown sports
I don't understand why so many people point to Chris Paul and Deron Williams as premiss for the league being a "point guard league." The fact is they are talented, just as Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett are talented and the power forward position was the trend a few years ago. It just so happened that a couple of extremely talented point guards entered the NBA simultaneously; it has nothing to do with the style of play in the NBA being conducive to the point guard position. With that said, both Rose and Beasley will provide the Bulls with a legitimate go-to guy or talent, which is the only trend and necessity for winning a championship. It is my opinion, Beasley's impact will be more immediate and and requires fewer moves with the current roster. Rose is a great player as well, but his selection would require more to be done with the current roster. Just my humble opinion.

Mainly what I have been saying. I agree.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: