Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Trade Larry Hughes or keep him?

What do you think of Hughes?

When healthy, that is
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:55 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

What's Larry's contract like?
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 05:34 PM   #3
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i thnk we need 2 keep him. altho it didnt seem like played as well as he did with washington, he was consistantly slowed by his injuries. and with him we get another play maker/scorer with the ball that can take some of the pressure off lebron. what we really need 2 do is get a point guard that can control the tempo and game, along with a decent stroke.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Larry Hughes needs to go if we can get anything usefull for him, an injury prone SG who can't shoot and takes the ball out of Lebrons hands is the very last thing we need.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:00 AM   #5
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
What's Larry's contract like?

erm... if i'm not wrong its like 10M+++ for like 5-6 years... something like that...

i think they should keep him... yes, he's gonna take some ball from LeBron's hand, but he's a pretty good scorer, PROVEN, he's also a very good defender, and if i'm not wrong, the league's best steal guy last season...

they should trade Donyell Marshall and maybe Big Z or Drew Gooden... they need a good PG to create shots for LBJ, they have a good PF/C in Anderson Varejao (who is 5'11'' without his hair! )... they should get a good PG and a CONSISTANT rebounder, Big Z and Gooden are too random... tehy should get someone like KG... yes, KG may be going to the Cavs... for Big Z plus Gooden??? i'm not sure...

KG + LBJ =
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
erm... if i'm not wrong its like 10M+++ for like 5-6 years... something like that...

i think they should keep him... yes, he's gonna take some ball from LeBron's hand, but he's a pretty good scorer, PROVEN, he's also a very good defender, and if i'm not wrong, the league's best steal guy last season...

they should trade Donyell Marshall and maybe Big Z or Drew Gooden... they need a good PG to create shots for LBJ, they have a good PF/C in Anderson Varejao (who is 5'11'' without his hair! )... they should get a good PG and a CONSISTANT rebounder, Big Z and Gooden are too random... tehy should get someone like KG... yes, KG may be going to the Cavs... for Big Z plus Gooden??? i'm not sure...

KG + LBJ =

Cleveand doesn't have enough to get KG. But i have been saying they should try.

Big z + Hughes + Gooden (S+T) For Garnett and a bad contract.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 09:49 PM   #7
nawsanenawmean
I brick open layups

nawsanenawmean has an OK reputation so far

Keep him. He's tough when he is healthy, but that is the key, STAY HEALTHY! He's played in one full season in his 8 year career. He's a good defender, and reads the pass lanes very well thus why he gets 2+ steals a game. His jumpshot hasn't always been his offensive threat, but he can hit it when he is on, and obviously his ability to drive to the hole is a good thing. Keep him and hopefully he can start playing at least 75+ games during the regular season. Wouldn't that be nice?
nawsanenawmean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #8
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Big z + Hughes + Gooden (S+T) For Garnett and a bad contract.

no no, KG isn't worth that much... Hughes is a real great player, shouldn't trade him... unless they get KG plus someone like Ricky Davis...

Big Z + Gooden + Hughes = KG + Ricky Davis???

12M + 6M + 11M = 22M + 7M

maybe the wolves can top in a rookie since the Cavs have SOME cap-room, unless they wanna re-sign LeBron next year at HIGH costs... like KG's 20M+++
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 04:36 AM   #9
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

No way in hell the wolves make that trade, if they move KG it would only be for youth + picks, not for old borderline allstar players.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 07:25 AM   #10
lollol604
I airball my layups

lollol604 has an OK reputation so far

cavs need a pure shooter at SG to spread the floor not a guy that shoots 35% and is injury prone.
lollol604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:51 PM   #11
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Basketbolero has decent reputationBasketbolero has decent reputation

Larry Hughes is a great player in both ends of the court, and I think the Cavs are not planning to trade him. Everybody say they need shooters, but they have Marshall and Damon Jones, although none of them has had the impact expected. Getting a PG should be a priority, probably in a trade involving Gooden.
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 02:22 PM   #12
AKADS

Hughes is staying. Unless the Cavs can get a KG/J. Oneal type player which isn't goin to happen. Cavs did get off to a good start with Hughes last yr and The Cavs will give him a full season to play with LeBron. Fingers cross he stays healthy.
Old 06-12-2006, 09:30 PM   #13
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

They should trade Hughes for Hassell, Jaric and pick 6.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 10:02 PM   #14
AKADS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed

If Roy is still there Done.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:22 PM   #15
SpLiTViZiOnZ
Decent playground baller

SpLiTViZiOnZ has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReturnofCed

agreed, they would ass an excellent defender and a hot shooting PG
SpLiTViZiOnZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: