Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 09-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #31
BlondeBomber41
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Josh Howard is better then Manu Ginobili, and Ginobili made a all star team. Josh Howard has less of a shot though because he is a Forward.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 10:48 PM   #32
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

how is howard better than ginobili ? ginobili played like an MVP in the finals and howard was bricking free throws in crunch time in the finals.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 05:10 AM   #33
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

This season Howard played better than Ginobili, especially in the second half of the season. Ginobili just had a horrible season, we'll see if he can bounce back. But Ginobili has already reached his ceiling and Howard has the potential to become a borderline all star player. Although the competition in the West for the Forward position is just too big, not for another 4-5 years at least.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:26 AM   #34
BlondeBomber41

BlondeBomber41 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
how is howard better than ginobili ? ginobili played like an MVP in the finals and howard was bricking free throws in crunch time in the finals.

He has better stats all around and is an elite defender. Dont try to take the best series of Manu's life and the worst of Howards and try to say thats the reason why Manu is better. Without Howard being a beast we wouldnt of beaten SA in the second round.
BlondeBomber41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:31 PM   #35
lakers-city
Good college starter

lakers-city has decent reputationlakers-city has decent reputation

manu didnt only have one good series, no one wins 2 rings in 4 years if you only have 1 good series, also ginobili's best series and howard's worst came when it mattered the most.
lakers-city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 05:47 PM   #36
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Silent Mav has decent reputationSilent Mav has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers-city
manu didnt only have one good series, no one wins 2 rings in 4 years if you only have 1 good series,

You do if Tim Duncan is on your team.
Silent Mav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:37 AM   #37
TDoug

TDoug has an OK reputation so far

Josh is real. He's worth 8, he'll ask 10 and some teams will offer him that much.
But he'll take the best deal in Dallas because they cannot afford to lose him and
primarily because his teammates and coaches mean as much to him as the money. He wants to get his ring and help Dirk get his ring. He's not your typical free agent and Dallas doesn't want New Orleans or Orlando much less LA or Phoenix making him an offer they have to match.
TDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:12 PM   #38
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

He likes Dallas and wants to stay here. But to say his teammates and coaches mean as much to him as the money is speculation on your part. Noone thought Nash was your typical free agent and look what happened there.

Right now it looks like both sides want to deal, but don't seem to agree on what is fair. And since there has been no talking to the media by either side. Noone has any idea if they are close or far apart in the negotiations.

Bottom line is that he is under contract for this season. If they don't get a deal done before the season then it won't be until next summer. He will be a restricted free agent. The Mavs will be able to match any offer if that's what they choose to do.

I'd just as soon get something done before the season and give the team one less thing to worry about.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:51 PM   #39
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

you can argue that howard has the potential top be a better player than ginobli, but its just not right to make the claim that he is better than him now. a better comparison is tayshaun prince. howard has a bigger role on the mavs and puts up similar numbers. i'd have to go with tayshaun as the better player though. he has always come through under pressure and howard not.
i mean...that guy is a STEAL for the pistons. he makes under 10 mil and has smothered mcgrady to come behind forma 3-1 deficit, blocked that reggie miller layup, and always come through when they need him.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:30 PM   #40
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

Josh and Prince are a very good comparison. I would be pleased for him to be that type of player. Though Prince does have an advantage to play more aggressive defense with the other 4 people starting with him. I know Ben is gone but he still has better defenders on the floor with him than Josh.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:52 PM   #41
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

My stance is that I think Prince and howard are comparable players where right now Prince is more consistant and howard has more upsides and growth potential; however, I am not willing to sign Josh to a rediculous contract based on inconsistant potential. Give him a 3 year deal now for prince's contract. If at the end of those three years he reaches the point everyone thinks he will, lock him in for 6 at whatever he wants.
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #42
Silent Mav
Local High School Star

I brought up a 3 year deal back on page one. I think you were the only one who thought about it soog. Since that's what Lebron and Wade did, I wouldn't be surprised if Josh was thinking about it.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:13 AM   #43
soog
I brick open layups

soog has no real reputation yet.

haha yeah... sorry... things got busy at work so i was away for a while and i dont really remember what I commented on already and didn't feel like going through all the posts to remember =P
soog is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: