Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-23-2008, 02:24 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Very simple question

For all those people who are wondering whether we should take Rose or Beasley ask yourself this question... would you rather have Chris Paul/D Williams or Carmelo Anthony??? to me it isn't even close... the true PG who is a superstar is much more valuable than a guy like Carmelo... guys that are just scorers are not as valuable... Bulls have to pick Rose and address inside game down the road... Rose is the best player available... I know we need size, but Beasley isn't exactly Dwight Howard.... he is a SF...

Last edited by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST : 05-23-2008 at 02:27 PM.
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
ABTY7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ABTY7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Very simple question

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
For all those people who are wondering whether we should take Rose or Beasley ask yourself this question... would you rather have Chris Paul/D Williams or Carmelo Anthony??? to me it isn't even close... the true PG who is a superstar is much more valuable than a guy like Carmelo... guys that are just scorers are not as valuable... Bulls have to pick Rose and address inside game down the road... Rose is the best player available... I know we need size, but Beasley isn't exactly Dwight Howard.... he is a SF...

Not really- although Beasley at times acts as if he wants to play the three- problem is Beasley is extremely weak dribbling with his right and at times has a hard time createing his own shot.

On the other hand, Rose's jumper is suspect at best- neither is a perfect player (unlike Jesus at SG we used to have- 23)

I've said this before- it's a win-win situation. I fully expect Pax to take the guy that allows him to make the best deal possible to fill in the other area of need- dealing for a Michael Redd type would make Beasley the best choice- dealing for a healthy Jermaine O'Neal would make Rose the no brainer...
ABTY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:17 PM   #3
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

Beasley may be able to do a lot of the things Melo can (can't attack off the dribble like Melo), but Melo can't play the post like Beasley. It's his post play and NCAA leading 12.4 rebounds per game that makes him a great PF.
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

good point for both of you.......we all can look at it on different angles......

1. who we think pax should draft: i think rose, some might say beastly.......

2. our biggest need between the 2: beastly....hinrich is not a bad of a pg, and we need low post scoring, so the beast would be the ideal need....

3. what paxson is gonna do, trade picks or players: we don't know.......

- now, this is what i think: i like rose and i hope pax would pick rose.......my opinion is that pax should go after rose as much as we need beastly, reason being is that.....its simple.......we have more value on our guards than what we have on our big guys........hinrich is proven that he can play pg....gordon can shoot, maybe not consistently, but can shoot.......hahahaha.....hughes can both play guard position and can attack the basket.......i don't think sefolosha will get traded, but somebody might inquire bout him since he showed that he can also play.......

tyrus thomas showed flashes on why he will be good, high flying dunks, shotblocking, been working on a few losw post moves.......and gooden, we all know he can score down low......noah, ummmm i guess defense.....hahahah......

so, its easier for paxson to trade any of the guards because they have more value and get a low post guy in return........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:34 PM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Beasley is the best player available. Rose isn't. Rose had alright stats for a team full of All-Stars, Beasley had monster stats with a team full of scubs and Bill Walker.

As for your question would I rather have Pual or Anthony? It depends who else is on that team. Chris Paul, wouldn't be Chris Paul without David West and Tyson Chandler. Anthony would be Anthony with or without any of the players he is around he has proven it before many times, Paul hasn't. And sorry but Beasley is closer to Melo than Rose is to Paul.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 10:20 PM   #6
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEncinas
Beasley may be able to do a lot of the things Melo can (can't attack off the dribble like Melo), but Melo can't play the post like Beasley. It's his post play and NCAA leading 12.4 rebounds per game that makes him a great PF.

beasley said to an announcer that the world hasnt seen part of his game since his roll at Kstate is to be a strictly inside guy... he said he is good with his face to the basket... and the guy shot over 50% from 3 point btw... dont underestimate this guy i see him scoring 50 more than once in the nba.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:26 AM   #7
ABTY7
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ABTY7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
beasley said to an announcer that the world hasnt seen part of his game since his roll at Kstate is to be a strictly inside guy... he said he is good with his face to the basket... and the guy shot over 50% from 3 point btw... dont underestimate this guy i see him scoring 50 more than once in the nba.

I just read an interesting article about how Beasley is much more or a gym rat than he is given credit and also he has stated time and time again to Coach Huggins that his main goal is to be the best Forward to ever play the game- lofty goal but if he has the 'Jordan drive' and is willing to put forth the energy to improve his game to the point where he maxs his ability than its a no brainer Beasley is the better selection. Fact is Beasley has much more talent than does Rose; Rose however has a fantastic outlook on his game and general overall character (the comparisons to Chris Paul are much closer to being true as a person than as a basketball player btw) so knowing Pax as we do, would any of us really be that surprized by Pax taking the high character guy over the more talented one?
ABTY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:04 AM   #8
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

I don't know if I'd go as far as Jordan Drive for Beasley, but he doesn't like lossing which is always good. When he steps on the court he is going to put it out there. Watch his reaction after they beat Kansas, then watch his reaction after they lost to Wisconsin and his season was over. One he is jumping up and down, getting on the announcers tables...the other he is looking straight up with the look of "how the hell did I lose". Beasley is the smart choice straight up. Rose isn't a dumb one by any means, but it requires a lot more work for Pax...something he does real well right? Haha.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: