Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-22-2006, 12:55 PM   #16
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleNader
Perhaps?
I don't watch any Toronto games so I can't talk about his b-ball IQ based on my own experience....but watching every single USA exhibition and WC game so far I can tell you one of the reasons why Bosh is struggling is because he is being misused. Or...maybe its because he himself doesn't understand how to use himself?
He's not being misused. He just doesn't know what to do when he's not going one on one.

Next game they play watch Bosh when Paul or Wade drive to the basket on Bosh's side of the court. I guarantee you that Bosh will just stand where he's at. He doesn't seem to understand that when the man drives at you you need to move so that you don't have one man able to guard two.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #17
Kobe24
Banned

Bosh needs to demand the ball. He's standing there watching them play and occasionaly getting a rebound or loose ball than throwing it up. He also looks like he doesn't wanna participate and obviously he's not having fun like Melo,Lebron or Wade. He's the lone man out,the black Brad Miller. I hope that his confidence hasn't been ruined from this tourney. I'd love him to be play on the Lakers since he is a PERFECT fit for the triangle offense.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #18
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
He's not being misused. He just doesn't know what to do against zone defenses. Next game they play watch Bosh when Paul or Wade drive to the basket on Bosh's side of the court. I guarantee you that Bosh will just stand where he's at. He doesn't seem to understand that when the man drives at you you need to move so that you don't have one man able to guard two.

I've seen that kind of play before too. However, its also pretty obvious that he is trying to do stuff he just isn't good at doing. Things such as mixing it up in the paint, going for those tip ins against bulky opponent centers, trying to box out, backing in...

Is that a result of his poor b-ball IQ? Or is he simply being asked by Coach K to do something he can't?
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #19
Kobe24
Banned

Bosh also needs to work out during the summer. Here I thought that Bosh might lift some weight,gain some strenght but I'm still left pondering what he does in his summer.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:01 PM   #20
JSub
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Billups
Bryant
Pierce
Redd

The 4 guys with consistently good mid-range and/or 3-point shots....and ALL of them couldn't play this time for some reason or another

So what's the guarantee on their availability status for the Olympics?
JSub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #21
Kobe24
Banned

Bryant has a spot for sure according to Jerry Colangelo and Coach K.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #22
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSub
So what's the guarantee on their availability status for the Olympics?

Paul Pierce- probably not available. Anyways, his selection was more about redemption and respect than anything else...maybe he'll get a shot at Olympic gold, but honestly I don't think he'll want to compete (due to injury or age) by then.

Kobe Bryant- if healthy, a lock. we'll see how he adjusts...

Michael Redd- very likely

Chauncey Billups- I don't know? He's supposed to play in 08 but he's pretty damn old. Paul is almost locked for the starting PG spot according to Jerry C and with the strong play of Kirk Hinrich, then you really have problems deciding who gets cut. Also...factor Luke Ridnour into the equation. He was invited to camp for future considerations...what if he turns into the next coming of Stockton? Who knows...
Old 08-22-2006, 01:06 PM   #23
Da KO King

Quote:
I've seen that kind of play before too. However, its also pretty obvious that he is trying to do stuff he just isn't good at doing. Things such as mixing it up in the paint, going for those tip ins against bulky opponent centers, trying to box out, backing in...

Is that a result of his poor b-ball IQ? Or is he simply being asked by Coach K to do something he can't?
No, that's just a lack of post skill. Lack of Ball IQ is making the lack of post skill more obvious.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:07 PM   #24
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
No, that's just a lack of post skill. Lack of Ball IQ is making the lack of post skill more obvious.

Why is he even in the post in the first place? He obviously knows he can't play in the post and that he should rely on his mid-range jumper. So why is he even trying?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:09 PM   #25
Basketbolero
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Newsflash: We beat Spain in '04. Pretty easily, if I recall correctly.

They really haven't gotten better and we have.

Sorry worrying and spewing your pessimistic bullsh!t already. One game at a time. We're still a young team. Worry about Italy first, you dolt.

Not actually, USA beat Spain because Marbury scored almost everything he shot. That was the only time that team had a decent 3pt %. The next game they were back to their horrible shooting performance and they lose.
Basketbolero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:13 PM   #26
Da KO King

Quote:
Why is he even in the post in the first place? He obviously knows he can't play in the post and that he should rely on his mid-range jumper. So why is he even trying?
Quick question as bad as he's looked in the post has he looked any better on the perimeter?

His lack of understanding how to beat a zone makes him ineffective on the perimeter in these games. My guess is the thinking is at least in the post he has a chance of maybe "out athleting" a guy.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #27
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Bosh also needs to work out during the summer. Here I thought that Bosh might lift some weight,gain some strenght but I'm still left pondering what he does in his summer.

He tries he just doesnt have the type of frame where he'll ever gain a substantial amount of muscle.
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #28
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketbolero
Not actually, USA beat Spain because Marbury scored almost everything he shot. That was the only time that team had a decent 3pt %. The next game they were back to their horrible shooting performance and they lose.

Listen to yourself. We beat them with Stephon Marbury.

Some people.........

And what the hell does "the next game" have to do with us beating the sh!t out of Spain with that roster we had two years ago?

Nice try, kid.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:32 PM   #29
sixty
Good High School Starter

I think Brand and Battier are the most consistant players so far. They are joy to watch.

Some of my predictions:

* Bosh will continue to struggle.
* Hinrich will shine in at least one game.
* Wade will have one more dissapointing performance, he will play fine or outstanding the rest of the games.
* This will be a good experience for Bron/Dwyane in terms of travelin/palming the ball.
* Melo will be great the rest of the way.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:42 PM   #30
sixty
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11

Listen to yourself. We beat them with Stephon Marbury.

Some people.........

And what the hell does "the next game" have to do with us beating the sh!t out of Spain with that roster we had two years ago?

Nice try, kid.

Until team USA wins gold you are currently 3rd in the world

Gold is still far away.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: