Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-25-2008, 01:45 PM   #1
High Potential
Best poster ever

High Potential has decent reputation
Default Help me Not Suck at Diablo 2

I think I suck at Diablo 2. Ok right now I have a level 26 Kicker/Trapper Assassin. I only utilize three spells, Lightning sentry, Dragon Talon (the kick thing), and Shadow Warrior. I use 2 claws and have 4 points in weapon block. Ok, so basically when huge mobs come I just spam a bunch of traps and then spam kicks. This is pretty good but I need to use a mana potion every mom I fight because of this strategyt and I know that can't be what good players do. Against bosses I am more useless. I die like 3 times vs each one and all i do is spam lightning traps and run around trying not to get hit because when i do get hit it takes out 90% of my life about. Is this character really so fragile? I have lots of +life items, such as Mephisto's helmet which i put two rubies into so it gives +40 life, but I think i am under utilizing my character. Do good trap assassins use more spells than just 3? Tell me how I should use this character because right now I don't think I'm using it right.
High Potential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #2
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Mordecai11 has decent reputation
Default Re: Help me Not Suck at Diablo 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Potential
I think I suck at Diablo 2. Ok right now I have a level 26 Kicker/Trapper Assassin. I only utilize three spells, Lightning sentry, Dragon Talon (the kick thing), and Shadow Warrior. I use 2 claws and have 4 points in weapon block. Ok, so basically when huge mobs come I just spam a bunch of traps and then spam kicks. This is pretty good but I need to use a mana potion every mom I fight because of this strategyt and I know that can't be what good players do. Against bosses I am more useless. I die like 3 times vs each one and all i do is spam lightning traps and run around trying not to get hit because when i do get hit it takes out 90% of my life about. Is this character really so fragile? I have lots of +life items, such as Mephisto's helmet which i put two rubies into so it gives +40 life, but I think i am under utilizing my character. Do good trap assassins use more spells than just 3? Tell me how I should use this character because right now I don't think I'm using it right.

single player?
do you have a merc?
i personally never used assassin.. i never liked em but ill try to help you out cause i've played for years
Mordecai11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 PM   #3
High Potential
Best poster ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordecai11
single player?
do you have a merc?
i personally never used assassin.. i never liked em but ill try to help you out cause i've played for years
multiplayer. I beat the game on normal by being run through by two of my friends but now I'm in nightmare and I can't even solo the first quest.

The spells I use now are Dragon Talon, Lighting Sentry, Death Sentry, Fade, and Shadow Master. When I run into huge mobs I just kindof spam lightning and death sentrys and run around scared trying not to die. It is effective but I'm not sure if i am utilizing my character properly. it's a lightdancer sin build.

My merc is the act 3 dude who freezes people but he died in act 5 against those barbs and I haven't ressurected him yet, now I'm in act 1 of nightmare mode and have level 34. What stats should I aim for? Right now with gear I have 84 strength and 92 Dex and am pumping everything else into vitality but should I keep pumping up strength and dex?
Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #4
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Quote:
multiplayer. I beat the game on normal by being run through by two of my friends but now I'm in nightmare and I can't even solo the first quest.

The spells I use now are Dragon Talon, Lighting Sentry, Death Sentry, Fade, and Shadow Master. When I run into huge mobs I just kindof spam lightning and death sentrys and run around scared trying not to die. It is effective but I'm not sure if i am utilizing my character properly. it's a lightdancer sin build.

My merc is the act 3 dude who freezes people but he died in act 5 against those barbs and I haven't ressurected him yet, now I'm in act 1 of nightmare mode and have level 34. What stats should I aim for? Right now with gear I have 84 strength and 92 Dex and am pumping everything else into vitality but should I keep pumping up strength and dex?

well i got banned like 2 years ago for using maphack but back then any character i had i'd always go norm baal runs till 40, nightmare baal runs till 60, then hell baal runs from then on.

I'm no expert in assassin's but it sounds like you messed up her stats... i dont really know what you can do aside from do norm baal runs till 40.. ask someone in game who has a high level assassin what your doing wrong.

talking about this makes me wanna start up again.

ps. im probably wrong cause i haven't played in like 2 years since i was banned... im sure the game has changed TONS
Old 05-28-2008, 06:27 AM   #5
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

I don't know about assassin but if you are dieing really easily you could try getting some mana and life steal on your items, its a major bonus.

I've played everything but assassin though so I can't help you on that front.

Sounds like you are probably further along than you should be, you shouldn't be in nightmare until about level 50, depending on whether you have gear from another character or not(I'm guessing not so 50).
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #6
High Potential
Best poster ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoGiTaLiA1
I don't know about assassin but if you are dieing really easily you could try getting some mana and life steal on your items, its a major bonus.

I've played everything but assassin though so I can't help you on that front.

Sounds like you are probably further along than you should be, you shouldn't be in nightmare until about level 50, depending on whether you have gear from another character or not(I'm guessing not so 50).
I just got ran through the hard parts of the game by my friends, what should I do to level up to level 50, just solo Baal runs? As a level 34 is it easy to solo Baal? Diablo was a piece of cake in normal mode.
Old 05-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #7
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Quote:
I just got ran through the hard parts of the game by my friends, what should I do to level up to level 50, just solo Baal runs? As a level 34 is it easy to solo Baal? Diablo was a piece of cake in normal mode.

Do baal runs with a party.

Create a game called like Baalruns-01
then a bunch of people will come and do the runs
then afte rit finishes quickly create Baalruns-02

Repeat and you'll level up in no time..

i'm guessing you haven't played D2 online a lot?
Old 06-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #8
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Go make a pally.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 12:19 PM   #9
RandomBalla55
Local High School Star

RandomBalla55 has decent reputation

More importantly, make a Hammerdin.

Seriously. Best for multiplayer seeing as almost nothing is immune to it.. if you made a Sorceress, you'd be screwed in Hell without piggy backing off of other people.
RandomBalla55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:26 PM   #10
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomBalla55
More importantly, make a Hammerdin.

Seriously. Best for multiplayer seeing as almost nothing is immune to it.. if you made a Sorceress, you'd be screwed in Hell without piggy backing off of other people.

Yeah Hammerdin's are godly if you build em properly.

The only reason i'd have a sorc was to do mf runs... that's about it
Old 06-24-2008, 05:05 PM   #11
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation hereembersyc has a near all-star reputation here

My memory isn't the greatest since I haven't played Diablo 2 in about 2 years so I could be wrong, but I don't think a Traps Assasin should have points in Shadow Master, you may have screwed your build up.

Also your level is probably too low for Nightmare mode, you may (as others have sugested want to keep doing Normal mode BAAL runs for a bit longer, at least do it until five runs doesn't make you go up a level.

This thread makes me want to go buy a new copy of D2, honestly its the best game ever made imo.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
Mordecai11
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
My memory isn't the greatest since I haven't played Diablo 2 in about 2 years so I could be wrong, but I don't think a Traps Assasin should have points in Shadow Master, you may have screwed your build up.

Also your level is probably too low for Nightmare mode, you may (as others have sugested want to keep doing Normal mode BAAL runs for a bit longer, at least do it until five runs doesn't make you go up a level.

This thread makes me want to go buy a new copy of D2, honestly its the best game ever made imo.

ahaha same man , ever since this thread i've had d2 withdrawls ahaha

d2 and starcraft were great

once i get my new comp ill prob start playing again.. make an ish clan on d2 ahahahha jk
Old 06-25-2008, 06:03 AM   #13
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

I played Diablo 2 extensively up until like 3 years ago, stopped a little while after patch 1.10 came. Used to rock a Hammerdin with Enigma, so I was the **** in Baal-runs, being able to teleport to the Throne of Destruction quickly. Never died also. Played a PvP amazon but sold it for ~200$ when I had the opportunity.
Most fun was my fana Zealot I played in a 8 Paladin party. Nothing better than 8 different auras
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 04:52 AM   #14
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

ahh, the memories...i feel old now

the single biggest mistake you can make both in single and multiplayer is run through levels. take your time, clean the every $hithole and advance as many levels as you can, or else you're going to find yourself in trouble later when nightmare rolls in...as you obviously already did.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: