Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-20-2008, 09:58 PM   #1
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far
Default Bulls should trade for one more 1st round pick

Assuming the Bulls pick Rose, they should really consider either trading Gordon or Deng for a pick if they demand too much money which is very likely. Also trade Hinrich if we get Rose, but keep him if we get Beasly unless there's a big chance of getting a better point gaurd in a trade, perhaps Baron Davis?

Ofcoarse the pick would be used for a good big man.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 10:26 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Bulls should trade for one more 1st round pick

They need to draft Beasley (if they keep the pick). Like I said in another thread the Bulls can really use this to throw in with another player and trade for Elton Brand or maybe even Carmelo Anthony. But if they do keep the pick I think Beasley is the way to go.

Hinrich/Hughes
Luol Deng/Sefolosha
Nocioni/Tyrus Thomas
Gooden/Beasley
Noah/Gray
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #3
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

that sounds pretty good
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

i agree with that it wouldnt be worth it unless ur getting a top 10 tho
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

are you kidding on that linup ^^ up there? you think an awful lot of your roster if beasley comes in as your backup foreward on one of the 10 worst teams in the league

for 1 it is a lock that rose will be selected, but if you did have beasley its a pretty good chance he's the best player on your team- he is surely a starter

i cant figure out why bulls fans wouldnt want to cut salary and add picks and get really young again- rose, noah, thomas- sell everyone else of for picks and salaries expiring these next 2 years? the plan has to be to be low enough to do damage in the '10 fa season and then max the cap out before signing rose right?
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #6
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
They need to draft Beasley (if they keep the pick). Like I said in another thread the Bulls can really use this to throw in with another player and trade for Elton Brand or maybe even Carmelo Anthony. But if they do keep the pick I think Beasley is the way to go.

Hinrich/Hughes
Luol Deng/Sefolosha
Nocioni/Tyrus Thomas
Gooden/Beasley
Noah/Gray

Hughes is not a point guard. Hinrich at PG again??? NO! Deng would start a 3, will still rarely play 2, basically never if no guards are traded. Tyrus will not play much 3 because that is for Deng and Noc. Beasley would absolutely start. And THE BULLS WILL NOT TRADE THE NUMBER 1 PICK.

Rose is the player who will make everyone on the team better. The quicker everyone understands that the easier it will be for everyone to understand D Rose's worth to the team as a whole. Not just a 20/10 go who is awesome but doesn't neccesarily elevate your whole teams play.
Dengness9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 05:56 AM   #7
Dengness9
Crazed Bulls fan

Dengness9 has an OK reputation so far

CAPTAIN...

I see what your saying and I agree they should go after another pick. However I think the only way you add another top pick to the youngest team in the league already is if it's Miami's number 2 pick. The Bulls aren't that far away they need to get rid of all their young talent. It may be far fetched but with the talk that Riley is using this pick to get the best player or players, meaning he will draft the best player available or trade the pick to acquire the best group of players, i have a scenario.

The Bulls take D Rose with the number 1 pick. They trade Kirk Hinrich, Andres Nocioni, and Tyrus Thomas and next year's 1st round for #2 pick, Dorrell Wright, and fillers. If the Bulls could do Hinrich, Noc, and Gooden and future 1st that would be great but it just wouldn't be enough for that amazing 2 pick. I would probably still do it if it was Hinrich, Deng, Thomas, because that is a lot to give up, but pairing Rose with Beasley????? YIKES. If Riles is trying to contend sooner rather than later the Bulls players could balance out his the Heat's roster considerably and add veteran presence with Kirk and Noc and give them a player with tons of potential left in Tyrus Thomas. The reason I included Dorrell Wright is because he would replace Noc as backup SF. He might be underachieving but he is an athletic 6-8 swingman who is still just 22 or 23 and was a former Mcdonalds All American drafted straight outta highschool. Take a chance on him, he has shown flashes.

I think Riley would do it. I don't think Paxson will ever consider attempting this though. Which is too bad. I can tell you that if the Bulls make sure their cap space is good to go by 2010, Rose and and Beasley would still be getting rookie money and you can go after LBJ or Dwade or Melo. All three of those superstars would have to strongly consider playing with Rose and Beasley in the major market of Chicago which sells out their stadium every night basically even when the team isn't worthy of such a thing.

If you can't get Miami's pick, then ship off Hinrich or BG and Gooden or Thomas for any all-starish big man you can get you hands on that makes sense.

Last edited by Dengness9 : 05-24-2008 at 05:59 AM.
Dengness9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:29 AM   #8
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

beasley is 6'10 he can play SF he doesnt need to be the big man in the rotation... college yes cause they didnt have enough big men. NBA no he can be a great SF player... this leaves Deng and hinrich on trade block for a good Point guard.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #9
Adambomb
I airball my layups

Adambomb has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Hinrich/Hughes
Luol Deng/Sefolosha
Nocioni/Tyrus Thomas
Gooden/Beasley
Noah/Gray
dude that linup is unrealistic and stupid. since when has deng played sg? t-time play sf? that just whack if u think theres a chance in hell that would happen. draft beasly, sign and trade gordon(definetly)/Hinrich(defintly for salery cap) and next yrs first for a legit pg like baron davis (who is rumored on the chopping block) or sign and trade deng and tyrus thomas and Next yrs first for melo (idk if thats realistic but a genral plan there)
so the linup A could look
Davis
Hughes
Deng
Beasly
Noah

or linup B
Hinrich
Gordon
Carmelo
Beasly
Noah

all of these linups instantly put them as contenders in the east imo

lmk thoughts
Adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Realistically, we will not get the second pick no matter what happens. Paxson would never do it. One of the huge up-sides to drafting Derrick Rose is that he will make players like Deng become a borderline all star, Tyrus to become the high flying alley oop machine that he can be, and Gordon to become a 20+ ppg player. Trading them after getting Rose would be a waste of talent that Paxson is in love with...

I agree they will need to make changes, so in my opinion you keep Deng, Thomas, and Noah because of their potential, but you throw out Hinrich and Gordon (Only because he is unable to put up numbers if he starts & salary issues) and a big man like Gooden and u try to get a solid PF in the draft.

Obtainable options include:

LA clippers 7th pick: attempt at Kevin Love (Rose could complement him well, but it would be risky)

Charlotte bobcats 9th pick: Darrell Arthur (Has potential, could provide a better offensive force than Gooden... but maybe not)

Other players people might like more: DeAndre Jordan, JaVale McGee, or Mareese Speights.

Thoughts? Discuss...

EDIT: D. Arthur Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ODKbu0fcys

He destroyed Florida as a Freshman, helped do it to Memphis this year.

Last edited by CaNt Be ToUcHeD : 05-24-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:24 AM   #11
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Bulls should trade for one more 1st round pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNt Be ToUcHeD
Other players people might like more: DeAndre Jordan, JaVale McGee, or Mareese Speights.

Normally I wouldn't have a problem going for a big man with tons of upside, but we already have too many "projects" on the team as it is, and the organization has failed to prove they can actually succeed with any of these guys yet. If we do make a trade, I would prefer it to be for a veteran star, but I don't know if we can get one of those offering the players we currently have available. I am very interested to see what Paxson does when the Finals are over.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #12
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Normally I wouldn't have a problem going for a big man with tons of upside, but we already have too many "projects" on the team as it is, and the organization has failed to prove they can actually succeed with any of these guys yet. If we do make a trade, I would prefer it to be for a veteran star, but I don't know if we can get one of those offering the players we currently have available. I am very interested to see what Paxson does when the Finals are over.

true... i'd like to see darell arthur or some way brooke lopez if possible
Old 05-28-2008, 09:51 PM   #13
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

I think we should draft Rose and trade for Beasley. I know it's ambitious and I may sound a bit greedy, but i really like both of these guys. Each are our answers to the teams biggest problems over the years. We would be doing the same thing Portland did in the 07 draft. Rose is a permenant lock in my book, but heck lets get Beasley too. We may be able to get him for Thomas, Thabo, and trade of hinrich. If that dont work sign and trade Deng and get Beasley and trash back. That sets the team.
C. Noah
PF. Beasley
SF. Deng
SG. Gordon
PG. Rose
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:14 PM   #14
CaNt Be ToUcHeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
I think we should draft Rose and trade for Beasley. I know it's ambitious and I may sound a bit greedy, but i really like both of these guys. Each are our answers to the teams biggest problems over the years. We would be doing the same thing Portland did in the 07 draft. Rose is a permenant lock in my book, but heck lets get Beasley too. We may be able to get him for Thomas, Thabo, and trade of hinrich. If that dont work sign and trade Deng and get Beasley and trash back. That sets the team.
C. Noah
PF. Beasley
SF. Deng
SG. Gordon
PG. Rose

u just said we trade deng?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:23 PM   #15
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
C. Noah
PF. Beasley
SF. Deng
SG. Gordon
PG. Rose

Hinrich, Tyrus, and Thabo for Beasley huh? Good luck since Hinrich for Beasley wouldn't even work straight up. Salaries have to match for trades to work.

And Deng for Beasley and trash? Heat would be so dumb to even consider that. They have Marion, who is a better SF than Deng - and Beasley is already better than Deng.

As for the Darrell Arthur talk. I'd love to see Arthur come play for Chicago. He already has a nice 15 foot jumper, and has some real nice post moves. If he can add 10-15 pounds he will be a David West type of player.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: