Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 09-19-2008, 06:38 PM   #16
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Default Re: Jamaal Tinsley, O'Neal, And Other Offseason Moves

I do think someone would gamble on Jamaal, but I don't think anyone is expecting a quality player in return. I've said before that once he is traded people'll be surprised by what we get back, but I'm starting to think that was a stupid thing to say.

Washington has no interest (not that they really should), and I was surprised to read that Golden State also has none. Of course, that info came from a Wizards beat writer and I'm not sure how many teams broadcast potential trade targets to beat writers so cavalierly. People'll say the public denouncement of Tinsley was a mistake, but I don't see how it would change any plans other GMs had. We acquired 2 PGs via trade, it was already obvious he was out of the picture. I guess the best I can hope for is literally pay him to sit at home until he accepts a very low buyout, something like 60% of his contract (which'd be unheard of, I know). Or a starting point on a team with hopes for big things this season goes down and finds themself in desperate need. But in the end, they're probably just going to have to bite the bullet, give him the massive majority of his remaning contract via buyout, and say good riddance. Whatever happens, I want it done by the end of training camp, if not even before it begins. I don't want this hanging over the team throughout the season.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:28 AM   #17
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Default Re: Jamaal Tinsley, O'Neal, And Other Offseason Moves

i'd trade tinsley for some used bubblegum and a one legged pacemate.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: