Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 09-12-2006, 05:48 AM   #16
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Similar perimeter game, but lebron has a fantastic post game far better than Big Dogs.

you mean carmelo..

Carmelo is a fantastic player in my eyes (eyes that view him as their fav player by hundreds of miles in fact).

I sincerely believe that Melo's numbers are very misleading for most of those who dont watch him play.
For Example:

Rebounds:
Does not get a great deal, but the fact is that he plays within a system that does not require him to do so. Denver is a fast break ball club and Melo has a role to be ahead of the oppositions defence when when denver grabs the rabound. Team that with the fact that he plays with some of the best rebounders in the game like Camby, Evans and Kenyon at times, and its easy to see why his numbers are nothing special in this area. This argument is used against him a lot but i feel its very unwarranted, especially when you consider the fact that Coach Karl asked him to get more boards in the latter part of last season and he had games of around 10 rebounds at the drop of this request.

Assists:
Has Carmelo ever been surrounded by players that can shoot? ahhh Voshon Lenard? Yeah thats about the extent of it. Melo has no one to pass to and never has. He gets double/triple teamed and often makes great passes to team mates in good position only to have them brick it most of the time.

The sad part is, his numbers make him look worse than he is, and since he gets compared to Dwyane and Lebron he looks like the dudd of the trio which is by no means the case. He has a far greater shot than both and is a better defender (his defence is very underrated in any case - it is above average and in my view better than both lebrons and wades who seem to gamble a great deal too much.)

He is a top player in the league in terms of offensive moves and versatility, and has one of the deadliest jumpshots in the game (especially around the 15-20ft range). Glenn Robinson comparisons are completely unjustified, he is already far beyond big dogs talent and has not even gotten close to his ceiling yet.

Carmelo Anthony IS Awesome.

Last edited by Darsh : 09-12-2006 at 05:52 AM.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 06:27 AM   #17
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Watch 'Dunks 2' NBA street series and try to imagine Robinson doing that.

You know if theres anywhere i can download that by any chance.. you've got me druelling at the idea of seeing some melo slams.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:30 AM   #18
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

yeah you all know i meant melo.
Nah i dunno where to download it sorry, my bro bought it on ebay.
he can really throw it down...... particulary this last season he was throwin it down heaps, 4th in the league ahead of James, Garnett, Carter, Wallace
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 08:44 AM   #19
Darsh
Good college starter

his dunk on Theo Ratliff was huge, and clutch.

as was the one against cleveland.

he made some special dunks this year, i think he is underrated only because they are less athletic, but he makes up for it with explosiveness and great moves to get to the hoop.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:19 PM   #20
paguy1955
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
his dunk on Theo Ratliff was huge, and clutch.

as was the one against cleveland.

he made some special dunks this year, i think he is underrated only because they are less athletic, but he makes up for it with explosiveness and great moves to get to the hoop.
He needs to take the next step. And that is to do the same in the playoffs that he does in the regular season and he will be fine.
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:31 AM   #21
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

he is fine now.... he played well in he playoffs, 21 and 7. hes only young too
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: