Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 05-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #1
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation
Default 2008 Draft/Free Agent Thread

Currently, mock drafts have the Hornets selecting guys like Ty Lawson, Bill Walker and Nathan Jawai.

I think Brandon Rush would be nice as a Hornet but I'm pretty sure he'll be gone once the Hornets pick.

Which player in the draft do you see the Hornets realistically selecting with the 27th pick?
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 02:16 PM   #2
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: 2008 Draft/Free Agent Thread

Select Bill Walker, Chris Douglas-Roberts, or Brandon Rush if he falls
or acquire a perimeter scorer
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #3
Copperhead
Local High School Star

My choices in order would be Rush, CDR and then Walker. Rush will be long gone I'm sure. He looks like he's steadily climbing the boards. I'd put Courtney Lee somewhere in between these guys as well. But it looks like he may be climbing too. 6 days to go.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #4
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

CDR seems like the right way to go hes got a lot of talent and fits the New Orleans system well if they wanted Rush they would have to trade up to get him.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
Copperhead
Local High School Star

They said they want to evaluate a player that hasn't been in to work out because of scheduling conflicts and I hope that player is CDR. They will hold workouts tomorrow (Tuesday) and they also say they plan on bringing back a player or two to have a second look at them.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:37 PM   #6
Copperhead
Local High School Star

N.O. hopes to cash in with trade
Old 06-30-2008, 04:22 PM   #7
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Hornets look ahead to free agency

NEW ORLEANS - James Posey recently earned a championship ring with the Boston Celtics. Corey Maggette has indicated he's ready to leave the Los Angeles Clippers to get one.

Either one could help the rising young Hornets contend for an NBA title, so long as New Orleans can afford what those players are asking in free agency.

The Hornets' draft-night maneuvering should help with that.

After falling one victory shy of advancing to the Western Conference finals, the New Orleans Hornets began working out prospective draftees - more than 40 in fact. It soon became clear to general manager Jeff Bower and head coach Byron Scott that what the Hornets really needed to contend for a championship was not an untested rookie but a proven player.

More
Old 07-08-2008, 01:38 PM   #8
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Hornets seem to be looking at Posey.

The Hornets are targeting Boston Celtics free agent James Posey to solve their needs at shooting guard, but whether Hornets General Manager Jeff Bower can pull off a deal is uncertain.

Free agents can begin signing contracts Wednesday, and Posey is one of the most sought after on the market. Posey, who can play shooting guard and small forward, appears to be one of the Hornets' No. 1 targets. However, it likely would take a full mid-level exception offer of $5.8 million for him to consider coming to New Orleans.

Since July 1, the first day teams could begin contacting free agents, Bower has been in discussions with Posey's agent, Mark Bartelstein. Posey, 6 feet 8, was the Celtics' top reserve and played a key role against the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Link
Old 07-09-2008, 02:07 PM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Posey would be a great pickup. a nice vet that has championship experience. You guys should really be looking to resign Pargo as well.
What I think the Hornets really need is a good backup center. Maybe Theo Ratliff?
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 03:40 PM   #10
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Posey would be a great pickup. a nice vet that has championship experience. You guys should really be looking to resign Pargo as well.
What I think the Hornets really need is a good backup center. Maybe Theo Ratliff?

I pretty much agree Nets fan 93. And they keep saying they want to re-sign Pargo so we'll just have to see how that turns out.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:16 AM   #11
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Also I'm sure I saw somewhere that there is a slight chance of Najera signing here.. he is expected to sign with the nets but I saw NO is now in the mix, copperhead what do you think of him?
Old 07-10-2008, 03:36 AM   #12
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
Also I'm sure I saw somewhere that there is a slight chance of Najera signing here.. he is expected to sign with the nets but I saw NO is now in the mix, copperhead what do you think of him?

I'm not sure to tell you the truth. I've never really been too crazy about Najera but I'm pretty sure he could help with some bench depth. As long as they don't pay him too much. I'd probably prefer him over Melvin Ely.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:03 AM   #13
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

I dont think he will get to much.. He would be a nice role player kinda like Pargo
Old 07-10-2008, 12:17 PM   #14
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Quote:
I dont think he will get to much.. He would be a nice role player kinda like Pargo

Yeah, he'd probably be a nice role player and I hope they re-sign Pargo.
Old 07-10-2008, 12:39 PM   #15
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Another name I keep hearing linked to the Hornets is Jarvis Hayes. If they can't get Posey, they may end up with Hayes, Najera and maybe re-signing Pargo.

Nets fan it looks like you're hoping to snag Lebron in 2010 huh?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: