Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #16
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockateer
i say if TMac is indeed healthy like im hearing they are one of the elite teams in the league
i really hope he'll be healthy
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2006, 11:38 PM   #17
butch mcrae
I airball my layups

butch mcrae has an OK reputation so far

right now they are border-line contenders. They just need to add some depth on the bench and stay healthy and there should be no question after that.
butch mcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 07:59 PM   #18
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation

Hell Yes They Are
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #19
da_balla_is_here
Can barely lace up my sneakers

da_balla_is_here has an OK reputation so far

look, we have all the things that the past few champs had= 1. a good center
2. good backcourt
3.good coaching
4. awsome superstars
i dont know wha else to ask for!
da_balla_is_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:38 PM   #20
derwink

derwink has an OK reputation so far

Start asking for health. McGrady, Ming and Sura all missed a lot of time last year. And you won't contend until you upgrade PF. As limited as he is in some areas, I would have been all over Reggie Evans.
derwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #21
*Omni.Slasher*
Kids at the park dunk on me

*Omni.Slasher* has decent reputation*Omni.Slasher* has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
possibly...it really depends on if t-mac and yao can stay healthy

Exactly but west is gonna be really strong next season so it won't be easy. What else do they need to contend anyway.
*Omni.Slasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2006, 05:39 PM   #22
riggz_01

riggz_01 has an OK reputation so far

I think this is the year when Tracy proves he's a good leader or not. If things doesn't work out for this team(except if there's injuries involved), I believe that Tracy should take responsibility for it. He definitely didn't show that when he was with the Magics, remember when darrell Armstrong was traded away. They Bloody lost 11 staight games and eventually had one of the worse record in the NBA that year. He started blaming his teamates, specifically Steven Hunter and he was then traded to Houston. My point is Darrell Armstrong was the Vocal leader of those Orlando team when T-Mac was there, And i believe that he hasn't shown us yet that he could be a Great Leader like other Leaders have shown in the past such as Kobe, Kidd, Duncan, Zo, MJ, Pip, Payton, Malone, Clyde or even some of the stars today like Flash, Melo and ofcourse Lebron. He's got mad game... one of the best ever but.? I believe his leadership skills is still a big Question mark.

This Houston line up is great. the coach is great, the city is great.... It's all in Tracy's hands.
riggz_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2006, 01:22 AM   #23
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggz_01
I think this is the year when Tracy proves he's a good leader or not. If things doesn't work out for this team(except if there's injuries involved), I believe that Tracy should take responsibility for it. He definitely didn't show that when he was with the Magics, remember when darrell Armstrong was traded away. They Bloody lost 11 staight games and eventually had one of the worse record in the NBA that year. He started blaming his teamates, specifically Steven Hunter and he was then traded to Houston. My point is Darrell Armstrong was the Vocal leader of those Orlando team when T-Mac was there, And i believe that he hasn't shown us yet that he could be a Great Leader like other Leaders have shown in the past such as Kobe, Kidd, Duncan, Zo, MJ, Pip, Payton, Malone, Clyde or even some of the stars today like Flash, Melo and ofcourse Lebron. He's got mad game... one of the best ever but.? I believe his leadership skills is still a big Question mark.

This Houston line up is great. the coach is great, the city is great.... It's all in Tracy's hands.

Good point. Yao certainly won't be your leader and you can't have one of your 3rd string players being a leader. But a leader IS necessary in becoming a championship contender. Yao and T-Mac can lead by example in their play, but until someone becomes the coach's right hand man on the floor, isn't afraid to harp on a teammate for bad play or judgment, and isn't afraid to take responsibility when the game's on the line (although T-Mac has demonstrated the last one plenty of times), the team is a circus without a ringmaster.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:03 PM   #24
-=[1]=-

-=[1]=- has an OK reputation so far
Default Good team

I think they are pretty good.Of course the first option is T-mac.When he can`t make a shot there are Battier and Alston and Ming who has a soft hand,he can make points too.But the most important thing is "D".
I think they can win the first round but if they wanna comein the finals and win it,They have to play a hard defense.
-=[1]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #25
Trade
Great young streetballer

I say if they get there hands on Bonzi Wells there a Lock to get into the Conference Finals!!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 01:49 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_balla_is_here
look, we have all the things that the past few champs had= 1. a good center
2. good backcourt
3.good coaching
4. awsome superstars
i dont know wha else to ask for!

For them to be healthy...Pray for them to be healthy. It has killed them at least the last 3 years.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 03:09 PM   #27
Crazy Style
Bulls official mod

Crazy Style has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade
I say if they get there hands on Bonzi Wells there a Lock to get into the Conference Finals!!!!

Wow, isn't that a little too much confidence with a team like the Rockets. Would Bonzi Wells really help the team reach the Conference Finals!!!! In my oppinion, I see the Dallas Mavericks and the Pheonix Suns as a possible Western Conference Finals match up for next year, but not Houston, even if they were to aquire Bonzi.

Last edited by Crazy Style : 09-21-2006 at 03:19 PM.
Crazy Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #28
Trade
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Style
Wow, isn't that a little too much confidence with a team like the Rockets. Would Bonzi Wells really help the team reach the Conference Finals!!!! In my oppinion, I see the Dallas Mavericks and the Pheonix Suns as a possible Western Conference Finals match up for next year, but not Houston, even if they were to aquire Bonzi.
A healthy T-Mac can make anything happen
Old 09-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #29
Dat1
I brick open layups

Dat1 has an OK reputation so far

they could go to the west finals, but personally i hope they get to the nba finals
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 10:18 PM   #30
Hot Shot Rox
Decent playground baller

Hot Shot Rox has decent reputation

alston
wells
tmac
battier
yao

humm i dont know..YOU tell me?!
Hot Shot Rox is offline   Reply With Quote