Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-24-2008, 08:38 PM   #1
Chitown sports
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Chitown sports has an OK reputation so far
Default Possibilities

Who are some available free agents the Bulls could/should pursue? Also, if you want to suggest some possible trade scenarios please do.
Chitown sports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:41 PM   #2
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Possibilities

These never work here just letting you know. Usually if someone has a trade, they just create a new thread so everyone talks about that single trade. Bringing a bunch of trades into one would just complicate things and then trades would get lost in the pages.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 01:52 AM   #3
ABTY7

ABTY7 has an OK reputation so far

A couple of ideas:
(These are assuming we draft Rose)

1.) Trade Hinrich, Hughes and Thomas to the Pacers for Jermaine O'Neal and a conditional pick
Rational: The Pacers are completely in love with Kirk Hinrich and have completely lost faith in O'Neal and also would love to rid themselves of his contract- Pacers can line-up Hinrich, Daniels, Dunleavy, Thomas and Murphy while we'd sport a Rose, Gordon, Deng, O'Neal and Noah starting 5- with Thabo, Gooden, Noc and company coming off the bench- the money works out, however O'Neal health is always a concern...

2.) Trade Kirk Hinrich, Cedric Simmons, Sign-and-Trade Ben Gordon and a conditional pick to the Los Angeles Clippers for Chris Kaman and Cuttino Mobley
Rational: Yet another team in need of a PG who has been reported to love the Captain... Kirk that is. Kaman had a pretty messy falling out with Coach Dunleavy over the extent of his injury at the end of the year so him being dealt isn't that far fetched- even moreso when you consider the depth at the C position in this years draft- the Clipps could easily deal for Hinrich and Gordon (teamed with Maggette and Brand would be exciting) and still land a quality big to replace Kaman at the 7 spot in the draft (local boy Kevin Love, DeAndre Jordan, JaVale McGee, etc.) As for the Bulls, line-up of Rose, Hughes/Mobley, Deng/Noc, Gooden/Thomas/Noah and Kaman/Noah/Gray would be good enough for a solid playoff run the next couple of years- in '10 when Hughes and Mobley come off the books we could than make a legit run at 'Bron 'Bron or one of the many other stars of the 2010 FA class...

3.) Deal Hinrich, Simmons and Tyrus Thomas to the Heat for Shawn Marion and Chris Quinn
Rational: Heat get the PG they desire to team with Wade and Beasley- also get the poor-mans Marion in Tyrus Thomas- Bulls would be able to team Rose with a legit 20-8 guy and most likely run everyone in the East right out of the gym.

Ot of those three, personally I like the idea of dealing for Kaman the best. 15 pts, 13 boards per would look unbelieveable teamed with the outside shooting Mobley provides and Rose doing everything else...
ABTY7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:21 AM   #4
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I think Jermaine Oneal is overrated.. he shoots for a low FG % for a big man and has had too many injuries... if we trade for JO it would be Hughes and Hinrich.... not Tyrus too!
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

First of all, the money on the JO deal DOESN'T work, as both Hinrich and Hughes make around 12 mil per.
My deals:
Picking Rose:
Hinrich, TT for JO. Throw in this year's 2nd rounder if need be.

Hinrich, TT, next year's 1st for Brand. I would rather have Brand than Kaman, and I'd like to keep our supersub if possible.

I like your Marion trade a lot, so keep that option, too.

Picking Beasley:
No need to make trades, but we could package Hinrich with TT or Noah for a better PG, or we could package Deng with TT or Noah for a better SF/PF (and put Beasley at the other, obviously).

If we trade the pick:
No one seems to like this trade, but I don't know why: 1st overall pick, Hughes, Aaron Gray, Noah for Yao.

My favorite one out of the whole thing used to be the Brand scenario.. but now it might be Marion. I like that. Still don't have a post scorer, which is an issue, but we'd be exciting, a lot better, and would have that many more opportunities due to Marion's great offensive rebounding.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
kshutts1
Good college starter

kshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected posterkshutts1 is a pretty well-respected poster

Talking to my friend, he just made me think of something. The heat REALLY want Rose. They have said that they may trade the pick if we pick Rose... do you think we could...

Trade our first pick and our 2nd round pick for their 2nd pick and 1st pick next year? As the arguments would suggest, we can't go wrong with either guy.. the Heat can (according to them, I guess). They may be willing to do that. Granted their first pick may not be that good next year if Wade stays healthy, but if he's not healthy (and when was the last time he was) it's likely to be a lottery pick again.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #7
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

the bulls wont wanna let thomas go if we r drafting rose
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Trade Kirk Hinrich, Larry Hughes, Drew Gooden to the Clippers for Elton Brand.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
Adambomb
I airball my layups

Adambomb has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
saleries dont work
Adambomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 02:21 PM   #10
ABTY7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC

Money doesn't work at all...10M (Hinrich), 13M(Hughes), 7M(Gooden)= 30M
Brand makes 16.4M next year- we'd have to take on an additonal 13.6M in contracts to make it work... roughly Cuttino Mobley and Brevin Knight- no reason for the Clipps to make that move...

Now Hinrich (10M), Tyrus Thomas (3.75M) and Andres Nocioni (8M) (21.75M total) for Brand (16.4M) and Shaun Livingston (5.8M) (22.2M) would work and maybe an attractive enough offer to make the Clipps bite. They have a glaring need at the 3 spot (Maggette is more of a two and may opt out anyway) would upgrade their PG position 10 fold and replace Brand with an extremely hig upside project in Thomas. Now we obviously would get a 20-10 guy in Brand (who we would need to work out an extension for) and a nice project PG in Livingston who is young enough to still have upside, although he has largely been a disappointment to this point.

Rose/Livingston
Hughes/Thabo
Deng/Devean George type FA
Brand/Gooden
Noah/Gray

Hinrich/Knight
Maggette/Mobley
Nocioni/Tim Thomas
Kevin Love (?)/Tyrus Thomas
Kaman/Williams

Win-win for both teams...
Old 05-25-2008, 03:20 PM   #11
kshutts1
Good college starter

First, I don't think Livingston has been a disappointment.. he was playing well before his disgusting injury. I would rather see the deal without Livingston and Noc being included... throw in a pick instead.

Hinrich, TT, next year's 1st for Brand.

IMO, that's one of the best possibilities we have this summer.

I would rather hold on to a proven backup, or maybe even starting caliber, SF than trade for a guy that's either a star at a position we would draft Rose for or a complete bust because of his injury. The risk has no reward for us as we'll have a superstar there already.
Old 05-25-2008, 03:48 PM   #12
ABTY7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshutts1
First, I don't think Livingston has been a disappointment.. he was playing well before his disgusting injury. I would rather see the deal without Livingston and Noc being included... throw in a pick instead.

Hinrich, TT, next year's 1st for Brand.

IMO, that's one of the best possibilities we have this summer.

I would rather hold on to a proven backup, or maybe even starting caliber, SF than trade for a guy that's either a star at a position we would draft Rose for or a complete bust because of his injury. The risk has no reward for us as we'll have a superstar there already.

In all due respect, it doesn't matter what you'd rather do- it matters what the Clippers would require in return for their franchise player. Dunleavy loves players like Hinrich and Noc- defensive minded, tough, max effort guys. No way does the Clipps accept a deal for Brand that doesn't include a PG and a 3. Even moreso, why would the Clipps accept a deal that includes most likely a non-lottery 1st rounder? Sure you (and I) would perfer a deal not including Noc- but thats not being realistic about what the other team will require...
Old 05-26-2008, 05:34 PM   #13
kshutts1
Good college starter

Why do the Clippers want Noc again? Because Maggette is their 2nd best player? And because their #1 pick last year plays the 3? I believe that if we give them TT with his huge upside, as well as a pick and a good PG (hell, throw in the 2nd rounder of ours this year if need be) they will do it and start:
Hinrich
Maggette/Mobley
Thornton/Maggette
TT/Thornton
Kaman

If TT isn't playing so hot, that's when they throw Thornton to the 4, that's all I meant with all that. But that lineup can play, and especially run. Teach Kaman to ignite a fast break with his rebounding and outlet passing and you're good. Not a bad team this year, and def not in years to come.
Old 05-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #14
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Why do the Clippers want Noc again? Because Maggette is their 2nd best player? And because their #1 pick last year plays the 3? I believe that if we give them TT with his huge upside, as well as a pick and a good PG (hell, throw in the 2nd rounder of ours this year if need be) they will do it and start:
Hinrich
Maggette/Mobley
Thornton/Maggette
TT/Thornton
Kaman

If TT isn't playing so hot, that's when they throw Thornton to the 4, that's all I meant with all that. But that lineup can play, and especially run. Teach Kaman to ignite a fast break with his rebounding and outlet passing and you're good. Not a bad team this year, and def not in years to come.

That could be a fun team to watch, but as many people have said...there is no reason to trade away Tyrus if you draft Rose. Rose would make Tyrus a lot better of a player because he would put the ball somewhere Tyrus could do something with it, instead of Tyrus forcing bad shots.

Hinrich - Deng - Beasley.
Rose - Deng - Tyrus.

Pick 1 of those cores and build around it Pax.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:33 PM   #15
ABTY7

Quote:
Hinrich
Maggette/Mobley
Thornton/Maggette
TT/Thornton
Kaman

Reading is a skill- as mentioned above, Dunleavy loves guys like Noc and Hinrich, hence the reason why he would be included. Dunleavy has said his team lacks the depth required to play with the big boys out West- again hence the Noc inclusion. As I said before Maggette plays the 2 (his natural position), Nocioni play 3 with Thornton as the back up-Thomas and Kevin Love (?) split time at the 4- Thornton cannot play the 4- his post game is nonexistant; he's a three that could maybe play at the 2 occasionally (much like Luol), Tyrus is a legit 4 that would come in and replace alot of the minutes Brand would have left behind.

Hinrich/Knight
Maggette/Mobley
Nocioni/Thornton
Thomas/Love
Kaman/Williams
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: