Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-26-2008, 09:56 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default 2008 Bulls

Should the Bulls in 2008 plan to play for 2008 or 2010? If you look at the roster it becomes clear that this team is NOT built for next year, but for 2010... Rose/Beasley, Tyrus, Deng, Noah are all 23 year old or younger... even if they trade for a guy like jermaine Oneal/Brand does that really make sense for this team? they are both 30 years old while all the other players haven't reached their prime... Gordon/Hinrich have never really panned out to be anything more than decent and Deng is clearly a #3 option on a playoff team... so essentially the " core" that was built 3-4 years ago was a failure... I think we just play for 2010 and see what we have in the young guys.... thoughts?
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:46 AM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: 2008 Bulls

I don't expect them to be contenders next season but I do think a realistic expectation would be for them to at least make the playoffs. Unless Paxson makes huge changes and trades everyone this is still the same team pretty much (Gordon, Deng, Noc, Hinrich) that went to the playoffs 3 straight seasons. Now with the first pick and improvements at center (Noah, Gray) and PF (Drew Gooden/Tyrus Thomas) and the developments of Sefolosha and Thomas, I think this Bulls team can win 40+ games in the east especially with a good coach and Derrick Rose.

Even if the Bulls leave the team as is and just draft Derrick Rose, I think they're capable of winning 40+ games.

PG: Rose/Hinrich
SG: Sefolosha/Hughes
SF: Deng/Noc
PF: Gooden/Thomas
C: Noah/Gray

That's a very solid team right there. But I do hope that Paxson drafts Rose and then uses Hinrich and other players to trade for an all-star PF or even try and trade for another first round pick and draft Beasley or Lopez.

I still think the Heat should consider Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, Ben Gordon (sign and trade) for their second pick.

Bulls:

PG: Rose
SF: Deng/Nocioni
PF: Drew Gooden/Michael Beasley

damn!!
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:35 AM   #3
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I don't expect them to be contenders next season but I do think a realistic expectation would be for them to at least make the playoffs. Unless Paxson makes huge changes and trades everyone this is still the same team pretty much (Gordon, Deng, Noc, Hinrich) that went to the playoffs 3 straight seasons. Now with the first pick and improvements at center (Noah, Gray) and PF (Drew Gooden/Tyrus Thomas) and the developments of Sefolosha and Thomas, I think this Bulls team can win 40+ games in the east especially with a good coach and Derrick Rose.

Even if the Bulls leave the team as is and just draft Derrick Rose, I think they're capable of winning 40+ games.

PG: Rose/Hinrich
SF: Deng/Noc
PF: Gooden/Thomas

That's a very solid team right there. But I do hope that Paxson drafts Rose and then uses Hinrich and other players to trade for an all-star PF or even try and trade for another first round pick and draft Beasley or Lopez.

I still think the Heat should consider Hinrich, Tyrus Thomas, Ben Gordon (sign and trade) for their second pick.

Bulls:

PG: Rose
SF: Deng/Nocioni
PF: Drew Gooden/Michael Beasley

damn!!

So the Bulls are getting the 2nd pick for Hinrich, Tyrus and Gordon.

So the Heat are just going to take on an extra 22 million in cap to not draft Beasley or Rose?

It'd be a good trade for the Bulls I guess because they would have the 2 best players in the draft and both 19 year olds they'd be sick for years. But that can't happen unless Chicago would get like 19 million back.

Hinrich, Tyrus, Gordon, 1st round pick for next 5 years

Marion, filler, 2nd pick

That'd work.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #4
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

captainkirk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
Should the Bulls in 2008 plan to play for 2008 or 2010? If you look at the roster it becomes clear that this team is NOT built for next year, but for 2010... Rose/Beasley, Tyrus, Deng, Noah are all 23 year old or younger... even if they trade for a guy like jermaine Oneal/Brand does that really make sense for this team? they are both 30 years old while all the other players haven't reached their prime... Gordon/Hinrich have never really panned out to be anything more than decent and Deng is clearly a #3 option on a playoff team... so essentially the " core" that was built 3-4 years ago was a failure... I think we just play for 2010 and see what we have in the young guys.... thoughts?
Hornets are built for 2010 up to 2015, but this season they starred and went into play off and next year will be the same, if not better.....Thinking to the future doesn't mean today you must suck!
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk
Hornets are built for 2010 up to 2015, but this season they starred and went into play off and next year will be the same, if not better.....Thinking to the future doesn't mean today you must suck!

not true... Chris Paul is 23 year old... Rose/Beasley 19... they still need a year or two to carry he team... look at Derron Williams... he had some struggles his first season....
Old 05-27-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
captainkirk
Decent playground baller

captainkirk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
not true... Chris Paul is 23 year old... Rose/Beasley 19... they still need a year or two to carry he team... look at Derron Williams... he had some struggles his first season....
That is true, but Noah/Gray will come into their sopho year, Thabo and Tyrus the third one, Deng the fourth and so on... If this core is worth, results should improve year after year.....
Let's hope so
captainkirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:12 PM   #7
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainkirk
That is true, but Noah/Gray will come into their sopho year, Thabo and Tyrus the third one, Deng the fourth and so on... If this core is worth, results should improve year after year.....
Let's hope so

they should improve, but the point i'm trying to make is that there is no rush to trade for a 30 year old PF... I think we should wait and see what we have... it sucks because it is a wasted year, but I think there is no point to have 30 year old Brand on this team... we are 2-3 years away... Hornets aren't a great example b/c they have 3rd year pg, 5th year center, 3rd year pf and several veterans that contribute...
Old 05-27-2008, 04:42 PM   #8
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
they should improve, but the point i'm trying to make is that there is no rush to trade for a 30 year old PF... I think we should wait and see what we have... it sucks because it is a wasted year, but I think there is no point to have 30 year old Brand on this team... we are 2-3 years away... Hornets aren't a great example b/c they have 3rd year pg, 5th year center, 3rd year pf and several veterans that contribute...

IMO potential is way over-rated. It's great to have some young talent on your team and everything, but this is the NBA and fans want the team to win now. I don't care if the team is going to be good in 5 years from now, I'd rather worry about the present, worry about the future when it gets there.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #9
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
IMO potential is way over-rated. It's great to have some young talent on your team and everything, but this is the NBA and fans want the team to win now. I don't care if the team is going to be good in 5 years from now, I'd rather worry about the present, worry about the future when it gets there.

noooo...maybe the celtics got away with that but the only solid young player they had was jefferson

now we have rose/beasley (hinrich) gordon deng thomas noah seflosha.... all of them are young and will develop into decent if not great players in time... gutting the team for all stars who may not even have great chemistry with eachother would be dumb when we can mold this team into contenders... with paxson as the gm not making too many trades... i could c this team ending up like the pistons... extremely familiar with eachother and they'll consistently be making playoff runs
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: