Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-27-2008, 06:12 PM   #1
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Chris Ford Mock Draft 2.0

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ckDraft-080527
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board
Default Re: Chris Ford Mock Draft 2.0

wow some really interesting picks from 15 downwards...hmmm this draft is certainly full of talent that it might cause you bad rep for being a gm if ever you pass on a good player. but drafting is always a gamble nothing is certain unless theres a lebron james 2.0 in the draft.
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:21 PM   #3
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

I think it's pretty good mock, and while Ibaka, Tomic and Jawai aren't in the first round in most mocks, I can see Seattle, Detroit and San Antonio picking them for the reasons Ford explains.

Plaisted at 30th to Celtics is a bit of a reach and I think it's also quite unlikely that so many big men will go in the first round. I don't see Lawson dropping out of the first round especially when you have teams picking in the end of the round who could use a PG. Lawson won't be a superstar, but isn't that much behind Augustin on my opinion. He's small too, but seems stronger than Augustin and can push the tempo off the bench as a back up pg. I think Sonics at 24, Spurs at 26 or Celtics at 30 will pick him.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 07:42 PM   #4
veilside23

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

agree with you about lawson. i only realized that there are really good players in the draft that is not in the top 60 picks from most of the mock drafts. Ryan Anderson, Danny Green and Sean Singletary to name a few. i mean they are not that superstar material but if they want to bring out the best in what they do they could be a reasonable sub.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:15 PM   #5
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

anybody else surprised that he has lopez at 9? i havent seen him below 5 before.brandon rush at 15 also surprised me,but i understand the reasoning.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
veilside23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
anybody else surprised that he has lopez at 9? i havent seen him below 5 before.brandon rush at 15 also surprised me,but i understand the reasoning.

Lopez will never slip past number 9 thats for sure. I am surprise as well that rush is at 15 like what ive said in a different thread id pick courtney lee over rush any day of the week but i wont pick lee at number 15. The reason why Rush's stock is on a high because they won the title.
Old 05-28-2008, 02:29 AM   #7
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

That is a really good mock draft to me. Of course it helps that I had a lot of guys in the same range has he did.

The big thing is obviously Lopez at 9. That is a huge steal for the Bobcats, but I just can't see the top center in a draft falling that far.

I really like Plaisted for the Celtics. I'm not sure he is worth a 1st round pick (although he is closer than I think most people think, and some guys will pull out), but for a team like the Celtics, that is a great pick.

I do think there is a real chance Lawson falls out of the 1st round (which is why of course I had him in the 2nd round of my last mock draft). I don't see anyone after Seattle at 24 looking for a PG.

And I love the Rush pick for Phoenix. I think it is a tad high, but Phoenix doesn't need the best player, unless they are far ahead the next guy. Rush will come off the bench and hit 3's from the start. If this team is going for broke this season, it is a good choice.

I am more surprised how low McGee is going. However, if Lopez and Jordan go that low, then team like the Bobcats and Nets can pass on a guy like McGee.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:53 AM   #8
disco
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
Lopez will never slip past number 9 thats for sure. I am surprise as well that rush is at 15 like what ive said in a different thread id pick courtney lee over rush any day of the week but i wont pick lee at number 15. The reason why Rush's stock is on a high because they won the title.

I think it's perfectly possible that Lopez slips. If Milwaukee and Memphis won't pick him at 3 and 5, he can slip all the way to Golden State. I think Clippers, Bucks and Knicks have more needs elsewhere and both Charlotte and Indiana would be better off with a better scorer like Love or Hibbert or Koufos. And as long as Jordan's on board he can very well be chosen instead of Lopez. Upside-wise he's ahead of Lopez. I don't think Sacramento or Portland will touch Lopez, and I can see him dropping to GS, PHO or PHI.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:25 PM   #9
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
I think it's perfectly possible that Lopez slips. If Milwaukee and Memphis won't pick him at 3 and 5, he can slip all the way to Golden State. I think Clippers, Bucks and Knicks have more needs elsewhere and both Charlotte and Indiana would be better off with a better scorer like Love or Hibbert or Koufos. And as long as Jordan's on board he can very well be chosen instead of Lopez. Upside-wise he's ahead of Lopez. I don't think Sacramento or Portland will touch Lopez, and I can see him dropping to GS, PHO or PHI.
please not philly
Old 05-31-2008, 08:30 AM   #10
disco
Great young streetballer

From draftexpress.com's camp review (http://www.draftexpress.com/article/...y-Four-2905/):

Speaking of lukewarm impressions, Brook Lopez didnít do a whole lot to ease the concerns NBA people have about him, not moving all that well up and down the floor and showing a very average skill-level in most of the drills.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:38 AM   #11
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm willing to make an avatar bet that Kevin Love is a top 5 pick.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #12
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.

Joe Alexander at 13 to the Blazers seemed a little high......and doesn't really fit team needs at all - we have three small forwards on board already (Outlaw, Jones, Webster).
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:01 PM   #13
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
Joe Alexander at 13 to the Blazers seemed a little high......and doesn't really fit team needs at all - we have three small forwards on board already (Outlaw, Jones, Webster).
Well, Outlaw is a power forward/small forward tweener, Jones has one year left on his contract and isn't anywhere close to a long term solution, and Webster is a small forward/shooting guard type. One of the needs specifically expressed by the franchise was at small forward (that and point guard).
steve is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: