Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 12-25-2007, 11:19 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Ideal Sidekick for James

Who, in your opinion, would be the ideal sidekick for LeBron? It must be a player that can actually and logically be acquired, i.e. NOT Dwayne Wade or Greg Oden-type guys. Daniel Gibson has been performing well, but is he the answer? Discuss here.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Ideal Sidekick for James

How bout MBenga?
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:51 AM   #3
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

You know, I think Odom would play well next to Bron.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:36 PM   #4
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
You know, I think Odom would play well next to Bron.

How would it be any different from his performance right now with Kobe?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 07:20 AM   #5
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Josh Howard
Danny Granger
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 01:10 PM   #6
Legend
I hit open layups

Legend has no real reputation yet.

micheal redd, cuase they were already persuising right
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #7
stroke3
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stroke3 has an OK reputation so far

I'd say Jason Kidd. He has been voicing his opinion lately on how he doesn't want to stay in Jersey, we've seen Jason Kidd and LeBron play together on team USA this past summer and we all know of the Cavs needs for a solid point guard. Jason Kidd is their guy, imagine these two playing together, the acquisition would give the Cavs a much greater chance of making a deep run into the playoffs.
stroke3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

dwight howard!!!
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:59 AM   #9
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

LeBron needs one thing to be unstoppable... great floor spacing. This means that it is either a deadly sharp-shooter who can create his own shot, if need be OR a great low post player.

I have always thought that Ray Allen is the perfect fit for LeBron (long before he was traded to Boston).

For what is on the market this coming offseason (or so I've heard), I think Jermaine O'Neal would be an excellent compliment to LeBron.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:07 AM   #10
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

I think potentially, that player is already here, but it would take the perfect storm, and probably a better coach.

I think the guys we picked up over the summer are a good solid group of guys to fill in the roles we need to win a championship, except we're still missing one key ingredient.

We still lack that second scorer besides Lebron.

If Delonte West can continue to improve, he might surprise us. I mean look at what he's done so far, and then consider that he had hardly no time at all to learn the system. An off season of working with the team and he could really have a break out year.

But the guy that I really think could help us out is Wally.

If he can start hitting shots like he did with Minnesota, and when he first came over to Boston, he and Lebron are just going to feed off of each other.

His scoring should go sky high with Lebron feeding him for open shots, and Lebron should be able to benefit from better floor spacing as RBA said above me.

If Gibson continues to improve along with those 2, next year could look pretty darn good.

It'll be interesting to see who gets moved next year when the trade deadline comes around. If I'm not mistaken, several of the guys we picked up will be in the last year of their contracts next season.

I still blame Mike Brown for the team's inconsistency and lack of a clue on offense. I'd like to think a better coach would be getting more out of these guys. On paper our team is 150% better than what we went to the Finals with last year.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:16 AM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I think potentially, that player is already here, but it would take the perfect storm, and probably a better coach.

I think the guys we picked up over the summer are a good solid group of guys to fill in the roles we need to win a championship, except we're still missing one key ingredient.

We still lack that second scorer besides Lebron.

If Delonte West can continue to improve, he might surprise us. I mean look at what he's done so far, and then consider that he had hardly no time at all to learn the system. An off season of working with the team and he could really have a break out year.

But the guy that I really think could help us out is Wally.

If he can start hitting shots like he did with Minnesota, and when he first came over to Boston, he and Lebron are just going to feed off of each other.

His scoring should go sky high with Lebron feeding him for open shots, and Lebron should be able to benefit from better floor spacing as RBA said above me.

If Gibson continues to improve along with those 2, next year could look pretty darn good.

It'll be interesting to see who gets moved next year when the trade deadline comes around. If I'm not mistaken, several of the guys we picked up will be in the last year of their contracts next season.

I still blame Mike Brown for the team's inconsistency and lack of a clue on offense. I'd like to think a better coach would be getting more out of these guys. On paper our team is 150% better than what we went to the Finals with last year.

Mathius
We still lack a post player, outside of Z, though. I do think that we have enough shooters right now to get the spacing that I spoke of. For me, though, you need more than one guy in his mid-30s to be able to create on the low block.

Joe Smith is an excellent spot-up shooter, but his post game speaks for itself. Wallace and Varejao are maybe the two most offensively inept interior players in the NBA.

Jermaine would do wonders for this team.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:21 AM   #12
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
We still lack a post player, outside of Z, though. I do think that we have enough shooters right now to get the spacing that I spoke of. For me, though, you need more than one guy in his mid-30s to be able to create on the low block.

Joe Smith is an excellent spot-up shooter, but his post game speaks for itself. Wallace and Varejao are maybe the two most offensively inept interior players in the NBA.

Jermaine would do wonders for this team.

I still think it's more of a problem of not keeping Z involved in the offense. How many 7 footers can hit a jumper out to 18 feet? That is a defensive nightmare. And we have a nice variety at the PF spot. Wallace and Andy provide defense, and Joe Smith provides offense. It's worked out nicely when Wallace has showed up. It would be nice to fill Wallace's cash slot with a PF who deserves that money on both ends of the court, but it's not likely to happen this year. I'll be surprised if we pick up anyone of that caliber in free agency. The new CB just doesn't encourage the really good players to leave their teams due to Bird Rights.

It's just better to develop young players, make key trades, and sign some low end, or real quality free agents to compliment what you have.

I wouldn't touch Jermaine O'Neal with a 10 foot pole. The guy came out of high school extremely undersized (read: skinny), and his body doesn't seem to want to stay healthy. When was the last time he played a full 82 game season?

2-3 years ago?

Mathius

Last edited by Mathius : 04-27-2008 at 01:24 AM.
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 AM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Delonte West can catch fire quickly, and is still young enough to where he can still improve his game. I think he can be that second scorer we well.

Wally has a track record of being a good shooter. He hasn't forgotten how do do so. I think an offseason where he can heal up whatever is ailing him will help him bounce back and become the player that he once was. I mean he's what, 32? Certainly not ancient by any means. His game will age nicely b/c his primary job is to shoot the basketball from the perimeter.

Z will still be able to produce for the next few seasons.

I'm with Mathius. I don't like the idea of getting a Jermaine O'Neal type player b/c he just can't be relied upon anymore at this stage of his career. Just can't stay healthy.

Would love to see us maybe make a run after Michael Redd, but I don't think that it will happen. Giving up a guy like Z would be too much, IMO.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 04-28-2008 at 10:09 AM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 01:56 AM   #14
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

if cavs sign jermaine oneal try trade ben wallace for free?
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #15
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Who, in your opinion, would be the ideal sidekick for LeBron?

Whoever it is, they have to be able to nail open outside shots and be a super-defender
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: