Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation
Default NBA 2k8 Off-Season Question

How do CPU teams always have money to sign FA for more than the MLE. I see teams offering players 5 year, $50 million contracts and i can't sign them for anymore than the MLE. They usually don't have any cap room either, and if the do have some cap, its not anywhere near 10 million. I can never sign any FAs to anything other than the MLE or minimum. Anyone know why/how to sign players more effectively in the offseason FAs?
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: NBA 2k8 Off-Season Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
How do CPU teams always have money to sign FA for more than the MLE. I see teams offering players 5 year, $50 million contracts and i can't sign them for anymore than the MLE. They usually don't have any cap room either, and if the do have some cap, its not anywhere near 10 million. I can never sign any FAs to anything other than the MLE or minimum. Anyone know why/how to sign players more effectively in the offseason FAs?

I dunno, probably the same reason in 2k7 the CPU could always get high priced free agents to sign for the MLE (ps2).

Check it out. Pop in 2k7 and run a sim. I guarantee you that someone like Gilbert Arenas or someone will be available, and won't sign by the end of the free agency period, and then when you start the season, he'll be on another team at 1 year for 5 mil.

But if you try to offer them that at the end of the period? forget it.

It's just some more computer bs. The people at 2k were obviously too lazy to make it realistic. Particularly with the ps2 version, because they figure ps2 is old technology so f*ck those of us who still play it.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
I dunno, probably the same reason in 2k7 the CPU could always get high priced free agents to sign for the MLE (ps2).

Check it out. Pop in 2k7 and run a sim. I guarantee you that someone like Gilbert Arenas or someone will be available, and won't sign by the end of the free agency period, and then when you start the season, he'll be on another team at 1 year for 5 mil.

But if you try to offer them that at the end of the period? forget it.

It's just some more computer bs. The people at 2k were obviously too lazy to make it realistic. Particularly with the ps2 version, because they figure ps2 is old technology so f*ck those of us who still play it.

Mathius

Cause they make it tough for you which is good.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:26 PM   #4
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
Cause they make it tough for you which is good.

How is that making it tougher? It's just giving the computer an unfair advantage for acquiring players.

Its bs and laziness is what it is. There are so many things they could have done to make the game more realistic. But they're not going to bother, because PS2 is old. There is almost no difference between 2k7 and 2k8 except for the player/team options, the dunk contest, and the palette.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: