Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 05-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #16
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation
Default Re: Eastern Conference Finals, Pistons @ Celtics, Game 5, Wednesday

This should be a really competive game, no doubt about that. It'll definitely be fun to watch. I think it's going to be close, but I just have this feeling that the Pistons want this more than the Celtics. Not more than Pierce, Garnett, and Allen but more than the team as a whole. The Pistons were so close to going to the Finals last year. In all honesty, they should've went but they crumbled when they needed to step up the most. After last years collapse the entire team wants to make it over the hump more than ever. Or so it seems.

I've been rooting for Detroit since the beginning of the playoffs. They are underrated and overshadowed by the the "all-dominant" Celtics. I truly think they got this. But we'll see.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:33 PM   #17
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by flintstone
....If they want this bad enough

If they want it, they need to…

Sometime it sucks to be a Pistons fan… you never know what team your going to get…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #18
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With neither Cassell nor House doing particularly well running the team I'd like to see the reserve pg minutes go to Tony Allen to defend Stuckey. That'd be the #1 adjustment I'd like to see, Tony is a little bigger than Stuckey and a good athlete even with his knee trouble, so he could be the guy to keep Stuckey contained. On a motivational level, if I'm Doc Rivers I'm replaying every block Maxiell had on Garnett over and over to get KG (and maybe some of the other bigs as well) lathered up to match (or better yet, exceed) Maxiell's effort. And finally, put the ball in Pierce's hands all game long. Much like Game 7 vs. the Cavs this is one of those times where you turn to the man and say, "if you're a superstar, go out and prove it." Tayshaun Prince is a great defender, but if Pierce is in attack mode he will create offense.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:41 PM   #19
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Paul Pierce has and will give boston 25-30 with 5 and 5.

Ray Allen needs to give an efficient 16 points and good defense on RIP.

Rajon Rondo needs to be solid and make his open shots, he also needs to go to the basket and get their bigs in foul trouble.

Garnett doesnt need a 25 point nite, he needs to be in the post with 11 plus rebounds.

I think boston wins tonight because its at home and they will be amped.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:46 PM   #20
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
With neither Cassell nor House doing particularly well running the team I'd like to see the reserve pg minutes go to Tony Allen to defend Stuckey. That'd be the #1 adjustment I'd like to see, Tony is a little bigger than Stuckey and a good athlete even with his knee trouble, so he could be the guy to keep Stuckey contained. On a motivational level, if I'm Doc Rivers I'm replaying every block Maxiell had on Garnett over and over to get KG (and maybe some of the other bigs as well) lathered up to match (or better yet, exceed) Maxiell's effort. And finally, put the ball in Pierce's hands all game long. Much like Game 7 vs. the Cavs this is one of those times where you turn to the man and say, "if you're a superstar, go out and prove it." Tayshaun Prince is a great defender, but if Pierce is in attack mode he will create offense.

Paul should not over handle the ball because tight pressure can cause him to turn it over Id like to see paul pierce iso on the post where hes a very good passer and he can get them in foul trouble. Thats his sweet spot.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:49 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
Paul should not over handle the ball because tight pressure can cause him to turn it over Id like to see paul pierce iso on the post where hes a very good passer and he can get them in foul trouble. Thats his sweet spot.
I'm not saying "beat the d from the three-point line every trip down," I'm just saying he should get the ball.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:52 PM   #22
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm not saying "beat the d from the three-point line every trip down," I'm just saying he should get the ball.

I completely agree, there are 5-6 min stretches where hes not even looked at. MAny times hes running through screens and trying to post until someone jacks up a shot.

Tony allen would def be a good idea for defense purposes. He matches up with stuckey and probably would do a better job on RIP in the 10-15 mins id like to see him get.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:22 PM   #23
Brickz187
06,12,13 NBA Champions

Brickz187 has an OK reputation so far

Rondo has to step his game up IMO. The guy shows how young he is in the game. He gets doubled team and instead of giving it to the open man, he keeps on dribbling and causes turnovers. Its been happening all the time in this series. He's an on and off player. Not consistant at all. Allen needs to also contribute 2nite. If he's going to take shots, take good ones that can be made. He trys to force too many shots. Garnett,Pierce,PJ Brown are doing there thing this series. House and Cassell need to also give some energy off the bench and knock down a good amount of points. also stop with the damn IDIOTIC fouls. Seriously, they have gave detroit like 2 games already because of idiotic fouls that are not needed at all.Boston is at home though so im thinking they're going to be fine.
Brickz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #24
bankshot34
I hit open layups

bankshot34 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP34Deuce
I completely agree, there are 5-6 min stretches where hes not even looked at. MAny times hes running through screens and trying to post until someone jacks up a shot.

That baffles me so much. Sometimes they ignore both Pierce and KG on the offensive end.
bankshot34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:32 PM   #25
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

God I love the Celtics dancers suits
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #26
MrEncinas
Local High School Star

MrEncinas has an OK reputation so far

RAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really hate that
MrEncinas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #27
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

God it bothers me how people get up when theyre announced...10 seconds ahead of time.
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:36 PM   #28
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Pistons got to start out quick!
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:37 PM   #29
bankshot34
I hit open layups

bankshot34 has an OK reputation so far

I love the ending.

The Captain and The TRUUUUUUUUUUUUTH, #34....PAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUL PIERRRRRRRRRRRCE!
bankshot34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:38 PM   #30
Spudjjay
Shining on em

Spudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation hereSpudjjay has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
God I love the Celtics dancers suits

Red is rolling in his grave.

Ray going with the sleeve?
Spudjjay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: