Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #1
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!
 
Mr_Basketball#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Eddie House
Posts: 7,757
Default Jamont Gordon

"Jamont Gordon won't participate in this week's NBA Pre-Draft Camp, after all. Instead, his focus will be on working out for individual teams that have expressed interest, he said Tuesday. 'I've got a lot of workouts and lot of teams telling me I can probably slide into the first round and my stock has been rising," Gordon said."

I'm just hoping he slides to 30. He still should have participated in the camp though.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #2
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: Jamont Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
"Jamont Gordon won't participate in this week's NBA Pre-Draft Camp, after all. Instead, his focus will be on working out for individual teams that have expressed interest, he said Tuesday. 'I've got a lot of workouts and lot of teams telling me I can probably slide into the first round and my stock has been rising," Gordon said."

I'm just hoping he slides to 30. He still should have participated in the camp though.
he'll be there a 30. and yes he should have participated. shooting is his weakness. would have been the perfect oppurtunity to prove the doubters wrong
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 01:51 PM   #3
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!
 
Mr_Basketball#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Eddie House
Posts: 7,757
Default Re: Jamont Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
he'll be there a 30. and yes he should have participated. shooting is his weakness. would have been the perfect oppurtunity to prove the doubters wrong
I remember that game vs. Memphis he had the opportunity to win the game but fumbled with the ball and then just threw up a desperation shot. I was pissed. Is Charles Rhodes in this draft? He could be a Jason Maxiell type player in the league.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #4
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011
 
Posterize246's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Philly, PA
Posts: 15,763
Default Re: Jamont Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
I remember that game vs. Memphis he had the opportunity to win the game but fumbled with the ball and then just threw up a desperation shot. I was pissed. Is Charles Rhodes in this draft? He could be a Jason Maxiell type player in the league.
i believe he is,but i haven't heard anywhere where he's expected to get drafted
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #5
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!
 
Mr_Basketball#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Eddie House
Posts: 7,757
Default Re: Jamont Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
i believe he is,but i haven't heard anywhere where he's expected to get drafted
Well he better work his azz of and try to impress the scouts. He's too short to play the pf or center, but he's the type that could come in and get you blocks and rebounds. Like I said, he reminds me of a Maxiell/Millsap type player. They really have no true position but when their number is called, they come in and put in work.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:46 PM   #6
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,962
Default Re: Jamont Gordon

Charles Rhodes is a badass. Not sure how well he'll pan out in the league, but he killed us a couple of times. He's the kind of guy that can be really good when he wants to be, but doesn't always seem to want to be.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
disco
Great young streetballer
 
disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 467
Default Re: Jamont Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Charles Rhodes is a badass. Not sure how well he'll pan out in the league, but he killed us a couple of times. He's the kind of guy that can be really good when he wants to be, but doesn't always seem to want to be.

I don't think he's big enough to be more than a 8th or 9th man in the NBA, but I really like him. A 6'8 NBA player would need a bit more versatile game.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:08 PM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 575
Default Re: Jamont Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
he'll be there a 30. and yes he should have participated. shooting is his weakness. would have been the perfect oppurtunity to prove the doubters wrong

i actually believe that the question with jamont gordon is if he he 1 handed or if he can use his right hand enough on the dribble to la point in the nba

i believe he is athletically a lottery pick at pg - 6'3 or 6'4 225 and fast- i just believe that he is still 50/50 as a prospect because of his dribbling in addition to your point of shooting- but if he has the dribbling skills with his right hand in addition to his strong left i think this guy has every right to expect to be drafted during the first round-

this guy would be ideal to bring in for workouts- for a guy like me who dosnt get that chance i have him going early second

imo in 5 years jomont gordon will either be one of the 10-15 best players from his draft class-or be a guy nbody ever heard of again after draft day- celtics could grab a perfect piece if they took the gamble and it worked- i love the thought of gordon as a 6th man or point off the bench
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 05:12 PM   #9
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!
 
Mr_Basketball#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Eddie House
Posts: 7,757
Default Re: Jamont Gordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
i actually believe that the question with jamont gordon is if he he 1 handed or if he can use his right hand enough on the dribble to la point in the nba

i believe he is athletically a lottery pick at pg - 6'3 or 6'4 225 and fast- i just believe that he is still 50/50 as a prospect because of his dribbling in addition to your point of shooting- but if he has the dribbling skills with his right hand in addition to his strong left i think this guy has every right to expect to be drafted during the first round-

this guy would be ideal to bring in for workouts- for a guy like me who dosnt get that chance i have him going early second

imo in 5 years jomont gordon will either be one of the 10-15 best players from his draft class-or be a guy nbody ever heard of again after draft day- celtics could grab a perfect piece if they took the gamble and it worked- i love the thought of gordon as a 6th man or point off the bench
I want Gordon or Lawson, but I'm not too sold on either. Neither are shooters and that's what we need is a point guard who can shoot. Gordon is a better ball handler than Rondo, but I think we better go after a shooter.

Tyrece Rice would be perfect. I've seen him play several times in the gym. (Rice and Matt Ryan were the stars on our campus...I miss Jared Dudley ) Rice is a shooter who can handle ball pressure and knock down contested shots. He could slip to the second round.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy