Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-28-2008, 05:56 PM   #1
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here
Default '03 Draft Do-Over

We all know LeBron and Wade would be 1-2, but who would you have taken
3rd? Melo or Bosh?
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:13 PM   #2
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: '03 Draft Do-Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_white089
We all know LeBron and Wade would be 1-2, but who would you have taken
3rd? Melo or Bosh?

Actually I think the Pistons would take Bosh at the 2nd pick, leaving Wade for the Nuggets at #3 and then the Raptors would take Melo at the 4th pick
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 06:46 PM   #3
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

danumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation heredanumber88 has an incredible reputation here

uh..

Cavs James
Pistons Bosh
Nuggs Melo
Raps Wade

imo
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:17 PM   #4
d_white089
Let's Go.....

d_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation hered_white089 has an incredible reputation here

over wade? the guy who carried his team to the nba title?
Old 05-28-2008, 11:18 PM   #5
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

they woulda traded for a PF if they got wade... woulda been way different
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 11:21 PM   #6
d_white089
Let's Go.....

well i didn't really have team need in mind when i made the thread..just wondering who others would take
Old 05-29-2008, 12:19 AM   #7
CaNt Be ToUcHeD
High school junior varsity star

CaNt Be ToUcHeD has an OK reputation so far

I woulda took Darko at 1... hes been such a great player since he was drafted...
CaNt Be ToUcHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:31 PM   #8
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

the #2 pick by at least 25 out of 30 gms in the league is carmelo anthony- then and now- this is a no brainer- i still cant believe how short memoried this board is
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:32 PM   #9
d_white089
Let's Go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
the #2 pick by at least 25 out of 30 gms in the league is carmelo anthony- then and now- this is a no brainer- i still cant believe how short memoried this board is

i find that EXTREMELY hard to believe.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:36 AM   #10
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub

I think 30 out of 30 would take Wade.

Here are some interesting stats about Melo. Yes, he can score but how much he actually helps his team?

http://www.82games.com/0708/0708DEN.HTM

His "net effect" to his team is the second worst from the whole roster (of those who play meaningful minutes). What these stats mean is that on average when Melo is on the floor Nuggets score 2.9 pts more than their opponents per 48 minutes. But when he is on the bench Nuggests score 5.9 pts more per 48 minutes, giving him a net effect of -3.2. Iverson's is +10.1 and Camby's +0.9. You have to be careful when analysing these kinds of stats for players who don't play a lot or play only garbage minutes, but they are pretty valid when you evaluate players who play over 30 minutes per game.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 02:04 PM   #11
d_white089
Let's Go.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco
I think 30 out of 30 would take Wade.

Here are some interesting stats about Melo. Yes, he can score but how much he actually helps his team?

http://www.82games.com/0708/0708DEN.HTM

His "net effect" to his team is the second worst from the whole roster (of those who play meaningful minutes). What these stats mean is that on average when Melo is on the floor Nuggets score 2.9 pts more than their opponents per 48 minutes. But when he is on the bench Nuggests score 5.9 pts more per 48 minutes, giving him a net effect of -3.2. Iverson's is +10.1 and Camby's +0.9. You have to be careful when analysing these kinds of stats for players who don't play a lot or play only garbage minutes, but they are pretty valid when you evaluate players who play over 30 minutes per game.

100% agreed..
Old 05-30-2008, 08:22 PM   #12
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

i didnt even know there was a thought to carmelo as the second pick in that group(lebron, carmelo, wade- & bosh?)

ive always been huge on dwade- just he plays half the games- hurt all the time and his prime is already over-his game is so dependent on world class athletisism that once his body has started breaking down he has lost a half step-

face it wade plays way too balls out to keep healthy- NOBODY goes at the hoop with such disregard for his body as dwade was for a good stretch there- his game doesnt transfer into his 30's too well- I HOPE IM WRONG-

carmelo is a physical presense 80+ games a year & is still getting better- his ceiling is still way more than hes shown so far and his body and game transfer well into his 30's

this thing isnt worth arguing about and we will see how it plays out-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:54 PM   #13
kingchessking
I airball my layups

kingchessking has an OK reputation so far

1. Lebron - Cavs (no change)
2. Bosh - Because Pistons would need big man, not SG
3. Wade - Wade better then melo
4. Melo - franchise player that raps needs
5. David West - no one knew he was going to be an all star

Honourable mention (those who should've been drafted higher:
- Diaw (real pick :21st), Outlaw (rp:23rd),
Delfino (25th), Barbosa (28th), JOSH HOWARD (29th)
Kapono (31st), Walton (32nd), James Jones (49th), Korver (51st)
kingchessking is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: