Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #31
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Western Conference Finals, Lakers v Spurs, Game 5, Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
In all fairness, when has Manu ever performed reverse double-pump and tomahawk dunks? He has his occasional slashing dunk, put nothing spectacular. He's more of a layup guy.

Mentally, Kobe is the toughest player in the league (along with Iverson) and he plays through injuries really well. Look at that one guy in Cleveland who sits out games due to back spasms and sprained fingers on his NON-shooting hand. I agree that Manu is less than 100%, but you play with the cards you're delt. It's playoff time. No excuses.

you're right. manu is not a big flashy dunk guy. but he does explode off the dribble and slash his way to the basket as good as most anyone in the league. i saw glimpses of this in game 3, but they were just that, glimpses.

you're also right about playing with what you got. the lakers have played solid ball on both ends of the court, i just came into this thread to say that if manu can make himself a factor tonight, which i think comes down to his health, then that puts the spurs in a better position to get the win.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:20 PM   #32
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
you're right. manu is not a big flashy dunk guy. but he does explode off the dribble and slash his way to the basket as good as most anyone in the league. i saw glimpses of this in game 3, but they were just that, glimpses.

The Lakers are doubling Manu hard almost EVERYTIME a Spurs big is setting a high screen for him. In addition, the 2nd defender is sticking with Manu on the screen/pick (instead of rotating off him and going back to his defensive assignment). The Lakers are playing Manu very similar to how Boston played LeBrick. They're giving him the outside shot but taking away his penetration lanes. In Game 3, Manu's outside shot was on and he burned the Lakers as a result. In the Spurs 3 losses, he couldn't make an outside shot.

p.s. what does your avatar mean? I see half a Kobe, but what's that thing to the left?
Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 PM   #33
dynasty1978
Local High School Star

dynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cooldynasty1978 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevz2kX
Keep an eye out for the refs. This whole game could be one big makeup call for the Spurs.

You could argue that the refs were hooking the Spurs up for 47 minutes in game 4, but even with help, the Lakers controlled much of that game. What more could the refs do? prevent kobe from taking FTs? getting them in foul trouble early? it's been done and hasn't mattered.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #34
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
p.s. what does your avatar mean? I see half a Kobe, but what's that thing to the left?

oh that's an *

i do need to make the lines thicker now that you mention it. :)
Old 05-29-2008, 06:18 PM   #35
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayTownRy
oh that's an *

i do need to make the lines thicker now that you mention it. :)

u r missing the horizontal line.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #36
Voulnet
Decent playground baller

Voulnet has an OK reputation so far

Those old Spurs. They need a vacation.
Let's be good and give them one.
Go Kobe, to where you belong.
The NBA Finals.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #37
ChrisKreager
Local High School Star

ChrisKreager has not been impressing people

I have a feeling this could be a blowout.

My thinking is that the Spurs spent all their energy to try and win in Game 4, which could make them tired and spent for tonight.

I have seen instances where a team plays an emotional game and then gets blown out.

1970, Knicks make a big comeback in spite of Willis Reed's injury, only to get pummeled in L.A.

I feel the Spurs used up all their energy in Game 4.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:06 PM   #38
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Here's what's gonna happen tonight.....

The Spurs will come out red hot. Manu, Parker and Timmay will be hiting their shots. Kobe will pick up a couple of cheezey early fouls. Odom will be in typical Odumb form and Pau Gasoft will continue to play like a WNBA player. San Antonio will go into half-time leading by 8-10 points.

Lakers come out strong in the opening few minutes of the 3rd. Kobe starts to drain a few jumpers and finally gets some calls from the refs. The game will be close throughout the 2nd half and with a few minutes left in the 4th....Kobe pulls the Lakers ahead for good. Robert Horry leaves the game to a standing ovation from the Staples crowd. Pau Gasol is seen hiding behind the Lakers bench because he's terrified of the loud noise. Lakers win by 9 points and Kobe ends up with 33 points.

Now there's no need for anyone to watch tonights game.

Last edited by Poseidon : 05-29-2008 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:46 PM   #39
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board

Quote:

The Spurs will come out red hot. Manu, Parker and Timmay will be hiting their shots. Kobe will pick up a couple of cheezey early fouls. Odom will be in typical Odumb form and Pau Gasoft will continue to play like a WNBA player. San Antonio will go into half-time leading by 8-10 points.

Lakers come out strong in the opening few minutes of the 3rd. Kobe starts to drain a few jumpers and finally gets some calls from the refs. The game will be close throughout the 2nd half and with a few minutes left in the 4th....Kobe pulls the Lakers ahead for good. Robert Horry leaves the game to a standing ovation from the Staples crowd. Pau Gasol is seeing hiding behind the Lakers bench because he's terrified of the loud noise. Lakers win by 9 points and Kobe ends up with 33 points.

I want to take you seriously...but i don't know if i should.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:56 PM   #40
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation hereJellyBean has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:

Lakers come out strong in the opening few minutes of the 3rd. Kobe starts to drain a few jumpers and finally gets some calls from the refs. The game will be close throughout the 2nd half and with a few minutes left in the 4th....Kobe pulls the Lakers ahead for good. Robert Horry leaves the game to a standing ovation from the Staples crowd. Pau Gasol is seen hiding behind the Lakers bench because he's terrified of the loud noise. Lakers win by 9 points and Kobe ends up with 33 points.

We gotta watch. Nothing like seeing the Zen master take down the Spurs and Kobe killing Bruce Bowen.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:12 PM   #41
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Spurs will win tonight

yeah the spurs are old...but theyre only one year older than they were last year.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #42
gb8
Extra Cheese

gb8 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
Spurs will win tonight

yeah the spurs are old...but theyre only one year older than they were last year.

Are you sure?
Old 05-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #43
Voulnet
Decent playground baller

Voulnet has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpuente
Spurs will win tonight

They're not going up against the Jazz this year.
The Lakers don't give a sh*t if the Spurs are experienced, young or whatever.
We'll just smash your team into pieces.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #44
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Spurs need to play from ahead. They pretty much are running on fumes right now, and if it becomes apparent they are not competing, it's going to be hard to ignore that psychologically adn give 100%, even if you want to.

I think they run out of gas sometime in the 4th and a 10 point game becomes a 20 point game adn that's that. THe Spurs ALWAYS scare me, but logically,this doesn't seem like a game they can win.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:49 PM   #45
mrpuente
pheelme?

mrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation heremrpuente has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voulnet
They're not going up against the Jazz this year.
The Lakers don't give a sh*t if the Spurs are experienced, young or whatever.
We'll just smash your team into pieces.

hahaha "smash your team into pieces." haha
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Closed Thread