Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-22-2008, 01:33 PM   #1
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Elton Brand?

What do you guys think of Hinrich and Gordon or some other combo of Hinrich/Hughes, Gordon/Hughes etc... for Elton Brand... sign and trade deal... it would give us a lineup of the following if we draft Rose:

Rose
Thabo
Deng
Brand
Noah

Gooden
Tyrus
Nocioni

That is a pretty solid team with a great bench....what do you think?
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 PM   #2
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Elton Brand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
What do you guys think of Hinrich and Gordon or some other combo of Hinrich/Hughes, Gordon/Hughes etc... for Elton Brand... sign and trade deal... it would give us a lineup of the following if we draft Rose:

Rose
Thabo
Deng
Brand
Noah

Gooden
Tyrus
Nocioni

Brand still has the option of opting out of his contract, so we might even be able to sign him as a FA. If he doesn't opt out, I think it would take Hinrich and Deng to get him, since Maggette will almost certainly be opting out of his contract, and they will need a replacement. My only concern is that Brand left once for more money, and I don't know if we will give him a lucrative long-term deal even if he shows he is completely recovered from his injury and back to his old self. I guess it's worth a shot, as he will probably come cheaper than most other all-star caliber big men.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Brickz187
06,12,13 NBA Champions

Brickz187 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Elton Brand?

Elton Brand would be a big sign. He is still nasty and does what he needs to do. Signing him in FA would be big then we can keep Gordan. Im sure if they need to trade, Heindrich and Deng would be the trade.
Brickz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:45 PM   #4
kshutts1
Decent college freshman

kshutts1 is considered somewhat coolkshutts1 is considered somewhat cool

I would love to offer just Kirk, TT, next year's 1st rounder for Brand. I honestly think the Clippers would do that. They aren't that good, so they need to rebuild, and TT has tons of upside, the pick is valuable (probably 15-20) and Kirk is a legit starter in the league. If they need more incentive, we could throw in this year's 2nd rounder or something. Brand is nasty, and would be a huge addition, along with Rose.
kshutts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
ILLEFEX
Serious playground baller

ILLEFEX has an OK reputation so far

i agree with some people here, brand would be good addition.......my opinion, i would send kirk and gooden for brand.......i think kirk would be good since they need a pg, cause who knows whats going on with livingston......tyrus would be a good filler, but i think they would rather go with gooden since gooden can actually score down down low.........not as good as brand, but gooden can still score.........so, i think that would be a good deal......and maybe some other fillers to match salaries.....but, i think kirk and gooden are the main guy from the bulls.......

question is, do brand really wanna come back to chicago? i'm not sure about that........didn't he had some kinda beef with the management back then, maybe krause but maybe not the organization.........so, who knows, maybe pax can pull it off........
ILLEFEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:34 PM   #6
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

You guys really shouldn't have traded away Brand in the first place, but hey, spilt milk and all that.

You will have to give up a good deal in order to get him, I'll tell you that. Hinrich, Hughes and a 1st rounder won't cut it.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #7
ILLEFEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
You guys really shouldn't have traded away Brand in the first place, but hey, spilt milk and all that.

You will have to give up a good deal in order to get him, I'll tell you that. Hinrich, Hughes and a 1st rounder won't cut it.

jerry krause had to trade him away cause brand and his agent approached krause and told him that after his rookie contract was over, he wasn't gonna resign with the bulls and thats why krause traded him at least he got something in return.......
Old 05-28-2008, 05:50 PM   #8
willyneu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

willyneu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLEFEX
jerry krause had to trade him away cause brand and his agent approached krause and told him that after his rookie contract was over, he wasn't gonna resign with the bulls and thats why krause traded him at least he got something in return.......

What we got in return is playing elsewhere! At least the last time I checked to roster. The big question can we get Brand back in a Bullls uniform?
willyneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #9
ILLEFEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyneu
What we got in return is playing elsewhere! At least the last time I checked to roster. The big question can we get Brand back in a Bullls uniform?

i agree with you if the bulls organizations can get brand back to chicago........not sure if brand had a problem with the organization or maybe just krause........maybe paxson can talk him into signing here......

and i was just replying to the person who ask why we got rid of him in the first place.......i know we basically got nothin for brand in return......oh well, happens all the time.....
Old 05-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

we got rid of brand becuz krause didn't think brand was "that" superstar post player, and he said "this draft" was goin to be one of the best classes ever, you know the one with kwame, tyson, curry, LOLOLOL PUHHAHAHAHA what a IDIOT! actually everybody looked like a idiot during that draft, especially the GOAT!

illfex? i don't know where you got that brand and his agent told krause he wasn't goin to resign with the bulls after his rookie contract was over, did you just make that up? sounds like you just made that up
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:33 PM   #11
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST

Rose
Thabo
Deng
Brand
Noah

Gooden
Tyrus
Nocioni

Gordon and Deng aren't going anywhere. Paxson will offer both the same offer as last summer, and may go up this time around. I hope he does because bringing in Rose would fill alot of our current needs. He's that big defender, great passing pointgaurd that we need to play along side Gordon. I bet when gordon found out we won the lotto he almost pissed his pants. As far as Elton Brand goes, I'm sure Paxson has him in his sights. At this stage in the development of our team, Brand is exactly what we need. In order to get him hinrich and Thomas will automatically be required. thomas would have to go, cause theres know way he would get adequate playing time. The clippers may want more, but we do have more to give. The fans of chicago would go crazy. Bringing Brand back in conjunction with Rose and Doug Collins seems like the best way to go. After that the team is set. Starters: Noah, Brand, Deng, Gordon, Rose. Key Bench: Nocioni, Thabo, Gray??????
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:24 PM   #12
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

I'd actually like to see what Rose could do with Ben Gordon too. So maybe it would be best re-sign both of them (then they could trade Gordon if he doesn't work out). They can still use players like Hinrich and Larry Hughes to try and get another big man to score more points. But I'd really like to see what Derrick Rose could do with this team.

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Drew Gooden
C: Noah

bench:

PG: ?
SG: Sefolosha
SF: Andres Nocioni
PF: Tyrus Thomas
C: Aaron Gray
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:01 PM   #13
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I'd actually like to see what Rose could do with Ben Gordon too. So maybe it would be best re-sign both of them (then they could trade Gordon if he doesn't work out). They can still use players like Hinrich and Larry Hughes to try and get another big man to score more points. But I'd really like to see what Derrick Rose could do with this team.

PG: Derrick Rose
SG: Ben Gordon
SF: Luol Deng
PF: Drew Gooden
C: Noah

bench:

PG: ?
SG: Sefolosha
SF: Andres Nocioni
PF: Tyrus Thomas
C: Aaron Gray

Thats another option. I wouldnt be surprised if thats the way things turned out. Of course add in a couple second rounders and maybe a minor free agent signing of a backup point gaurd. Paxson has already stated he's looking for a coach to see what ideas they have for the current roster, and he's not going to rework the entire roster. I think that might have been a hint of what to expect. I wouldnt mind all that much. I thought our front court was the only consistency we had last year. I expect better from Gordon and Deng and Rose resolves alot of those issues. Now that we have the 1st pick in the draft everyone is so quick to giveup on what we already have. The potential is still there, its just a matter of getting the right coach for the job, establishing some leadership, and balancing out the roster so everyone knows what there role is. Dont forget some of the same guys you all are talking about getting rid of, are the same ones who kept us in the playoffs without a true star year after year. As far as I'm concerned last season doesnt count. Its like Gilbert Arenas said,"the same guys that dug them in that hole, are the same guys thats going to dig them out." Our problems last year wasnt the players themselves, it was a combination of alot of different things, distractions, injuries, chemistry, no coach, and Ben Wallace. And just so you know, thats the recipe for disaster. Its funny how towards the end after the smoke cleared and we got rid of Wallace we looked more like the REAL bulls. I personally think paxson should give these guys another shot. But ever since Brand and Curry was traded, weve been pounded by the media for a low post man. It'll never stop until we either get one, or win the championship without one. If we go that route hopefully Thomas and Noah steps up.

Last edited by Ring#7 : 05-30-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:02 PM   #14
willyneu
Can barely lace up my sneakers

willyneu has an OK reputation so far

I still would not be surprised if a trade is made in conjuction with the draft.
willyneu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 PM   #15
Ring#7
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyneu
I still would not be surprised if a trade is made in conjuction with the draft.

I guess thats behind door number three. So many options which will it be. Paxson keeps silent to throw off media fools. While all the fans chant,"go bulls go bulls." If a trade is made in conjunction with the draft, the fans will overflow somebody get a raft. I'm perfectly happy with whatever deal paxson pulls. On draft night you'll here me,"go bulls go bulls."
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: