Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 05-29-2008, 06:23 PM   #1
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Good article in the PD today

Here's an example of a well written article. This guy was spot on in almost all his points:

http://blog.cleveland.com/sports/200...t_the_cav.html
Quote:
The Cavaliers are having their organizational meetings this week in Orlando as they also scout prospects at the Pre-Draft camp near Disneyworld. I have no idea what any of the key people will actually say to each other, but here is what I wish they would talk about.

Owner Dan Gilbert: Listen guys, our payroll was $81 million, fourth highest in the NBA. I promised not to do basketball, that's your department. I'm doing business, here. A second-round exit, and especially 45 wins, is not a great return on that investment. We've got to get back to at least 50 wins so we can have that Game 7 in the second round at home. So what do we need?

Coach Mike Brown: We need someone who can create his own shot in the backcourt.

General Manager Danny Ferry: We also need an offense that highlights the players.

Gilbert: We've had three different ones in three years.

Brown: We have LeBron (James). We have Z (Zydrunas Ilgauskas). We have a lot of stationary shooters like Daniel Gibson, Wally (Szczerbiak), Damon (Jones) and Devin (Brown). We have a couple of guys who can't shoot at all in Ben (Wallace) and Andy (Varejao). I like Delonte (West), but I think he's a third, energy-type guard coming off the bench. This is not a good offensive team, I don't care what system we use.

Ferry: I know we have to get better. We're talking to Milwaukee about (Michael) Redd. We're gonna see what we can do in the draft.

Brown: Danny, a draft pick is fine, but we need to win now. I need a veteran guard who can create a shot. Redd would be good. Maybe someone like Baron Davis.

Ferry: Redd has three years left on his contract. Davis has one year left at $18 million, and he can opt out next month. Not sure what he'll do, but a trade with Milwaukee for Redd may make more sense -- especially if Davis is a free agent and wants a max (five-year) deal at 29.

Gilbert: I heard Chicago wants to move (Kirk) Hinrich. Should we be interested?

Ferry: Didn't have a good year, shot 41 percent, averaged 11 points. He has four years and $37 million left on the contract. But he's only 27.

Brown: I'm interested.

All three together: Too bad we couldn't trade them Larry Hughes again.

Ferry: I'll check on Hinrich. Toronto wants to move T.J. Ford.

Brown: Don't like him, too small. Gets hurt.

Ferry: I agree.

Gilbert: If I'm going to spend even more money on one of these guys, I want us to talk about an offensive coach to help Mike.

Brown: I think if I had all my players in training camp and a shooter like Redd, you'd see a better offense.

Ferry: Mike, you should think about what Rick Carlisle did when he hired you at Indiana. You were brought in to fix the defense. Rick gave you freedom to do it, and it worked.

Brown: (Silence).

Gilbert: The fans and media are all worried about LeBron leaving in two years. I'm worried about winning next year, even if we didn't have LeBron. But LeBron gives us a chance to win the whole thing. Look at Boston. Look at Detroit. Are they that much better than us? We can catch them if we do it right this summer.

Ferry, Brown: (Both nod.)

Gilbert: You guys make your list of the players you want -- Redd, Hinrich, Davis ... whatever. We'll talk cost and cap consequences, but I am ready to make a major move. We can't sit tight. Danny, be aggressive.

Ferry, Brown: (Both really nod.)

Gilbert: Mike, I'd like you to turn over the offense to someone like Carlisle did to you with the defense. I need you to fix the defense, it slipped this season. Then get the right assistant in here, make sure he can get on the same page with LeBron to create an offense that works. There is no debate on this, we need better players from Danny, better coaching from Mike. Now go to it.

The only points I question, is the players he's interested in.

Is Michael Redd good enough at creating his own shot to be what we need, or is he going to be another stationary shooter, standing around waiting for an open look? I don't know his game well enough. He may well be good enough.

Heinrich? I have no interest in him whatsoever. I don't think adding another point guard is the short term answer unless he has scoring abilities, and Heinrich strikes me as too much John Stockton.

Baron Davis? maybe, but he makes a hell of a lot of money and just how healthy is he? Hasn't he missed almost as much time as Jermaine O'Neal, who I was b*tching about last week?

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:20 PM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan ® 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Good article in the PD today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius
Here's an example of a well written article. This guy was spot on in almost all his points:

Is Michael Redd good enough at creating his own shot to be what we need, or is he going to be another stationary shooter, standing around waiting for an open look? I don't know his game well enough. He may well be good enough.

Heinrich? I have no interest in him whatsoever. I don't think adding another point guard is the short term answer unless he has scoring abilities, and Heinrich strikes me as too much John Stockton.

Baron Davis? maybe, but he makes a hell of a lot of money and just how healthy is he? Hasn't he missed almost as much time as Jermaine O'Neal, who I was b*tching about last week?

Mathius

I'm living in Wisconsin right now and I see a lot of Bucks games. Redd is very capable of making his own shot, but I really don't know how he would play and react with LeBron or what Brown and the coaching staff will tell him to do. Will he be expected to create on his own for his own shot, or just spotup for the open jumper or both to help LeBron? I don't know.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Good article in the PD today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathius

Mathius

Redd actually has more of an all around game than people give him credit for. There are a lot of guys who took more 3-pointers than him last season.

Baron was healthy last year. Maybe an abberation? Who knows. Him teamed up with LeBron would make for a very big, physical team potentially.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
clevebutters
Can barely lace up my sneakers

clevebutters has an OK reputation so far
Default CHeck this girl out

A Cleveland native by the name of Selena Benz, a 12 year old from Charles Mooney elementary school won the JR./NBA JR./WNBA Skills Challenge National Title for her age and gender bracket. Selena went through 3 levels of competition by first winning her local event, then winning the regional event, and beating out the top girls in the competition to take the crown. She was there representing the Cleveland Cavaliers market. Here is the press release from JR./NBA headquarters.

Please click on the link below to view your QuickView report. If the link
is not clickable, copy the entire link into your browser address window and
press Enter

http://media.vmsnews.com/MonitoringR...96/B001416161/

You can also find out more info at:
http://www.nba.com/jrnba

Excitement was in the air during the Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Skills Challenge National Finals competition at the Orlando Magic’s practice facility -- RDV Sportsplex -- on Friday, May 16. The 24 finalists from across the country and Canada were selected out of more than 52,000 competitors and were flown to Orlando with their families for an unforgettable weekend. Hosted by NBA legend and Hall of Famer Bob Lanier, former Magic players and Community Ambassadors Bo Outlaw and Nick Anderson, Houston Rockets forward and Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA program advisory member Shane Battier and Toronto Raptors guard T.J. Ford, the competition involved a timed fundamental basketball skills test that included dribbling, passing and shooting.

Outlaw, Anderson, Battier and Ford tipped-off the competition with some inspiring words for the young athletes, followed by a demonstration of the skills test by the basketball stars. Following the competition, Bob Lanier, Bo Outlaw and Nick Anderson spoke to the children about the importance of practicing STAR qualities—Sportsmanship, Teamwork, positive Attitude, and Respect. The morning concluded with player meet-and-greets and autograph and photo sessions for the participants and their families.

Below is a list of the Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Skills Challenge National Finals participants and their respective competition results, along with photos from the event. Market Name City State Time-Secs. Place
7/8 Girls
Orlando Magic Mya Thomas Orieda FL 31.54 1st
LA Lakers Catti Sidney Woodlake CA 39.44 2nd
San Antonio Spurs Angelina Coronado San Antonio TX 39.68 3rd
9/10 Girls
Milwaukee Bucks Emily Struck Mayville WI 25.28 1st
New Orleans Hornets Shaniqua Tobias New Orleans LA 25.63 2nd
Miami Heat Leanne Ellis N Ft. Myers FL 29.37 3rd
11/12 Girls
Cleveland Cavs Selena Benz Cleveland OH 19.75 1st
Toronto Raptors Shaylisha Colley Brampton ONT 21.18 2nd
Boston Celtics Molly McCausland Millbury MA 32.59 3rd
13/14 Girls
Orlando Magic Alexis Prince Maitland FL 19.68 1st
New Orleans Hornets Elizabeth Manuel Mandeville LA 19.78 2nd
San Antonio Spurs Sierra Contreras Austin TX 30.78 3rd
7/8 Boys
New York Knicks Brendan Martin South Setauket NY 23.12 1st
LA Lakers Dyllan Young Gardena CA 38.34 2nd
Houston Rockets Michael Brandley Houston TX 39.66 3rd
9/10 Boys
Boston Celtics Joe Murphy Worcester MA 22.31 1st
Milwaukee Bucks Jake Zeitler Luxemburg WI 29.68 2nd
Chicago Bulls Brady Huebbe Peru IL 31.44 3rd
11/12 Boys
Phoenix Suns Turrell Pietz-Noble Mesa AZ 21.63 1st
NJ Nets Jameel Ali Sicklerville NJ 27.60 2nd
Miami Heat Weston Graddy Fort Myers FL 30.57 3rd
13/14 Boys
New York Knicks Savion Byfield Richmond Hill NY 20.37 1st
Atlanta Hawks Theodore Hassan Fayetteville GA 26.03 2nd
Phoenix Suns Taylor Loeffler Peoria AZ 27.31 3rd
clevebutters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:48 PM   #5
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation
Default Re: CHeck this girl out

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevebutters
A Cleveland native by the name of Selena Benz, a 12 year old from Charles Mooney elementary school won the JR./NBA JR./WNBA Skills Challenge National Title for her age and gender bracket. Selena went through 3 levels of competition by first winning her local event, then winning the regional event, and beating out the top girls in the competition to take the crown. She was there representing the Cleveland Cavaliers market. Here is the press release from JR./NBA headquarters.

Please click on the link below to view your QuickView report. If the link
is not clickable, copy the entire link into your browser address window and
press Enter

http://media.vmsnews.com/MonitoringR...96/B001416161/

You can also find out more info at:
http://www.nba.com/jrnba

Excitement was in the air during the Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Skills Challenge National Finals competition at the Orlando Magic’s practice facility -- RDV Sportsplex -- on Friday, May 16. The 24 finalists from across the country and Canada were selected out of more than 52,000 competitors and were flown to Orlando with their families for an unforgettable weekend. Hosted by NBA legend and Hall of Famer Bob Lanier, former Magic players and Community Ambassadors Bo Outlaw and Nick Anderson, Houston Rockets forward and Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA program advisory member Shane Battier and Toronto Raptors guard T.J. Ford, the competition involved a timed fundamental basketball skills test that included dribbling, passing and shooting.

Outlaw, Anderson, Battier and Ford tipped-off the competition with some inspiring words for the young athletes, followed by a demonstration of the skills test by the basketball stars. Following the competition, Bob Lanier, Bo Outlaw and Nick Anderson spoke to the children about the importance of practicing STAR qualities—Sportsmanship, Teamwork, positive Attitude, and Respect. The morning concluded with player meet-and-greets and autograph and photo sessions for the participants and their families.

Below is a list of the Jr. NBA/Jr. WNBA Skills Challenge National Finals participants and their respective competition results, along with photos from the event. Market Name City State Time-Secs. Place
7/8 Girls
Orlando Magic Mya Thomas Orieda FL 31.54 1st
LA Lakers Catti Sidney Woodlake CA 39.44 2nd
San Antonio Spurs Angelina Coronado San Antonio TX 39.68 3rd
9/10 Girls
Milwaukee Bucks Emily Struck Mayville WI 25.28 1st
New Orleans Hornets Shaniqua Tobias New Orleans LA 25.63 2nd
Miami Heat Leanne Ellis N Ft. Myers FL 29.37 3rd
11/12 Girls
Cleveland Cavs Selena Benz Cleveland OH 19.75 1st
Toronto Raptors Shaylisha Colley Brampton ONT 21.18 2nd
Boston Celtics Molly McCausland Millbury MA 32.59 3rd
13/14 Girls
Orlando Magic Alexis Prince Maitland FL 19.68 1st
New Orleans Hornets Elizabeth Manuel Mandeville LA 19.78 2nd
San Antonio Spurs Sierra Contreras Austin TX 30.78 3rd
7/8 Boys
New York Knicks Brendan Martin South Setauket NY 23.12 1st
LA Lakers Dyllan Young Gardena CA 38.34 2nd
Houston Rockets Michael Brandley Houston TX 39.66 3rd
9/10 Boys
Boston Celtics Joe Murphy Worcester MA 22.31 1st
Milwaukee Bucks Jake Zeitler Luxemburg WI 29.68 2nd
Chicago Bulls Brady Huebbe Peru IL 31.44 3rd
11/12 Boys
Phoenix Suns Turrell Pietz-Noble Mesa AZ 21.63 1st
NJ Nets Jameel Ali Sicklerville NJ 27.60 2nd
Miami Heat Weston Graddy Fort Myers FL 30.57 3rd
13/14 Boys
New York Knicks Savion Byfield Richmond Hill NY 20.37 1st
Atlanta Hawks Theodore Hassan Fayetteville GA 26.03 2nd
Phoenix Suns Taylor Loeffler Peoria AZ 27.31 3rd

Yeah, Uh I'd rather learn the chinese language that investigate any farther into this.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: