Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-04-2008, 07:12 PM   #16
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Default Re: Summer 2008 summer transactions…

I'm sure that any Sheed/Okafur deal will surly involve the Pistons including other players as well.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #17
ChuckDaly
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Stuckey is listed at 6'5"... Maxiell is listed at 6'9" and didn't look too much shorter than the other fowards on the court. I can't imagine he's really 6'6"....

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-...draft=0&sort=2

Maxiel's wingspan makes up for his lack of height, so although 6'9" is grossly inflated, from memory, this is known in NBA circles as "effective" height.
ChuckDaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #18
dd24
College superstar

You're right, I always forget about that kids wing span. I still don't believe he'll ever play much center, he'll be more of a 3 or 4.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #19
dd24
College superstar

Here's a few more ideas I've had. The Pacers desperately want to get rid of O'neal and his contract and are even willing to get rid of their 11th pick as a package. They really need a PG but I'm not sure teams in the same division are going to make a trade.

We've all seen the Carmello Anthony rumors and we could offer a better package than the Nets. Of course if that happened Joe D would look even worse for not picking him #2 back in the day.

The Portland Trailblazers have been trying to make a trade with anybody lately. They have some talented players they can get rid of plus they also have the 13th pick in the draft. They get Oden back this year and could look to move Channing Frye (who's 6'11") or Joel Pryzbilla (who's 7'1"). Of course they won't want Rasheed back but I wonder what it would take to get someone like Frye who certainly isn't going to get the playing time he deserves behind Oden and Aldridge.

I believe Gerald Green is still looking for a team. I said this before but I'm not sure why a team like San Antonio or Detroit hasn't picked this kid up just to let him develop. He could be someone who could come in off the bench and give quality minutes. Especially the Spurs. By the time Ginobli is done that kid could be a stud. Detroit should look into this before someone else snags him up. He could be a backup to Tayshaun and Rip. Play him like 15 minutes a game and just watch him grow. He still has all-star potential. He's probably barely 21 years old. The Lakers didn't give up on Bynum, it takes those high schoolers a while to adjust.

The Nets have Nenad Krstic who they might be willing to part ways with. I think as long as his knee is good he has a lot of upside.

Here's one that I really like. It's probably my favorite idea thus far. The Nuggets have been trying to trade Camby for quite some time. They are in some cap trouble. The defense that guy brings is exactly what Detroit has needed at center. They desperately need a PG. They don't like AI running the point. With all those great PG's in the west they could use someone who could match up. Send Billups to his home town and put Camby next to Rasheed. The Pistons would have size and could match up with any team in the league.

If you guys still didn't want Rasheed then send him to Charlotte who is desperate for a big guy. Get their #1 pick this year and next year and throw whatever other players in the deal. With their pick this year they could get Anthony Randolph.

So the starting lineup could look like this

Stuckey/Hunter/Dixon
Rip/Affalo
Tayshaun/Green (if they pick him up)/Hayes
McDyess/Maxiell/Johnson
Camby/Randolph

Not a bad lineup in my opinion. Especially when you consider how much young talent they would have. They could be dominant in the East for years. It would give Samb some more time to develop. By the time Tayshaun is old they would have Green who could step right in. For the person who said in the other thread that Joe D likes to go with lesser known people or ideas, mine are Green and Camby.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:02 PM   #20
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

I don't think a guy like Camby will work out… he has a bad history with injury — I like him (going back to the UMass days!) but he is now much older and I cannot see him holding up.

Jarvis Hayes is just too inconsistent — he's just another version of Evans/Delfino/et cetera…

I think Lindsey Hunter will finally hang it up (possibly to become an assistant or some other job with the organization)

I REALLY hope that something can be worked out for Okafur. He seems to be the best thing out there right now. Elton Brand is a long shot considering EVERY team will be chasing him. Jermaine O'neal is another with injury concerns. I like Channing Frye - wouldn't mind seeing him suit up for the Pistons…
Old 06-05-2008, 08:26 PM   #21
ChuckDaly
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Camby is mad around the basket, but all reports indicate that as a starting 5, he is one of the worst pick n roll defenders in the league.

bringbackDARKO.com
ChuckDaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:29 PM   #22
dd24
College superstar

I'm not big on Hayes either. I think Camby could fit in nice. I highly doubt Utah would do anything for Okafur. Do you really think they would want Sheed instead? The Pistons didn't 4 years ago. Ben Wallace really screwed Detroit over when you think about it. They let people go to make cap space for him and then he left, leaving Detroit with no big guys. It's not that he's near what he used to be, and definately not worth the money he's being paid. But with the more modest contract he would have signed in Detroit he might still be worth the money.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #23
dd24
College superstar

That's a solid team. I like it.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:15 PM   #24
Kombo
:)

Detroit:
Chauncey Billups to Denver
Rasheed Wallace to Golden State

Golden State
Baron Davis to Detroit

Denver
Camby to Detroit
Chucky Atkins to Golden State

then fluff added from each team to make it work

Detroit:

Baron Davis / Stuckey
Richard Hamilton / Stuckey / Afflalo
Tayshaun Prince / Jarvis Hayes?
Antonio McDyess? / Jason Maxiell / Amir Johnson
Marcus Camby / Jason Maxiell / Theo Ratliff?

Golden State:

Monte Ellis / Chucky Atkins
Stephen Jackson / Marco Belinelli / Kelenna Azubuike? / Monte Ellis
Matt Barnes? / Mickael Pietrus?
Rasheed Wallace / Al Harrington / Matt Barnes? / Brandan Wright
Biedrins / Al Harrington / Rasheed Wallace

Denver:

Chauncey Billups / Allen Iverson
Allen Iverson / J.R Smith
Carmelo Anothony / Linas Kleiza
Kenyon Martin / Eduardo Najera
Nene / Steven Hunter

oops just deleted ment to edit, lucky had to copy past=P

was just an idea. dont really see it happening though
Kombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:55 PM   #25
shaoyut
National High School Star

trade billups and mydyess and sheed trade for some quality young players or for the 3rd draft spot
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:56 PM   #26
shaoyut
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kombo
Detroit:
Chauncey Billups to Denver
Rasheed Wallace to Golden State

Golden State
Baron Davis to Detroit

Denver
Camby to Detroit
Chucky Atkins to Golden State

then fluff added from each team to make it work

Detroit:

Baron Davis / Stuckey
Richard Hamilton / Stuckey / Afflalo
Tayshaun Prince / Jarvis Hayes?
Antonio McDyess? / Jason Maxiell / Amir Johnson
Marcus Camby / Jason Maxiell / Theo Ratliff?

Golden State:

Monte Ellis / Chucky Atkins
Stephen Jackson / Marco Belinelli / Kelenna Azubuike? / Monte Ellis
Matt Barnes? / Mickael Pietrus?
Rasheed Wallace / Al Harrington / Matt Barnes? / Brandan Wright
Biedrins / Al Harrington / Rasheed Wallace

Denver:

Chauncey Billups / Allen Iverson
Allen Iverson / J.R Smith
Carmelo Anothony / Linas Kleiza
Kenyon Martin / Eduardo Najera
Nene / Steven Hunter

oops just deleted ment to edit, lucky had to copy past=P

was just an idea. dont really see it happening though

thats a very good idea
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:31 PM   #27
meanmonster
I brick open layups

Speaking as a guy that lives 30 minutes from Charlotte, I can tell you this... I would be VERY SURPRISED if the Bobcats do not trade Emeka Okafor in the offseason. He is deeply entriched on Browns , profanity-less, Crap list... I don't ever see him playing for the Bobcats. Okafor never got off the pine when Brown coached him on the Olympic team and that turmoil has carried over.

Rumors this way have already included Okafor going to Detroit for Sheed as well as many other trade rumors involving Okafor. Rumors have Okafor going everywhere from the D to the west coast and everywhere in between. I would almost be willing to put the farm that Jordan /Brown get rid of Emeka though.
meanmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 01:49 PM   #28
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmonster
Speaking as a guy that lives 30 minutes from Charlotte, I can tell you this... I would be VERY SURPRISED if the Bobcats do not trade Emeka Okafor in the offseason. He is deeply entriched on Browns , profanity-less, Crap list... I don't ever see him playing for the Bobcats. Okafor never got off the pine when Brown coached him on the Olympic team and that turmoil has carried over.

Rumors this way have already included Okafor going to Detroit for Sheed as well as many other trade rumors involving Okafor. Rumors have Okafor going everywhere from the D to the west coast and everywhere in between. I would almost be willing to put the farm that Jordan /Brown get rid of Emeka though.

Thanks for the info from that way!
It is very interesting to hear about that. Right now, any news about the Pistons is pretty null as the hockey team is steeling all the headlines. I am sure something may start to materialize when the draft draws near…
Old 06-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #29
final.wrath
Banned

We need to figure out if a frontcourt of Maxiel/Amir can ever work. Otherwise we need to move one of the two.
Amir needs to get 20 minutes a game so we can actually see what he can do. It'd be dumb to give him the Darko treatment another season.

Should the Pistons make a trade for an established star or do we go for cap relief/youth and try to rebuild around Stuckey, Maxiell, and Amir?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:26 PM   #30
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Whats up with all this Carmelo talk?!?!

All over the radio is talk about Carmelo coming to Detroit in some type of trade…

People are chiming in with all kinds of opinions saying stuff like how he is trouble maker, soft, fights like a girl, plays no defense, is a scoring machine, a top 10 player in the making - he's only 24 and getting better, et cetera…

WTF?!?!

Carmelo is a talented player but won't solve the problems we have up front… I can see it too… Tar heel Karl and Sheed would be a match in heaven and our front line will still have big hole…

I change my avatar until November 1st to Caramell Dansen if Carmelo is traded to Detroit!

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: