Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #31
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Summer 2008 summer transactions…

I posted that somewhere on here before. I'm not sure. All I know is if they trade for Carmello that really says something about how bad Joe D messed up by drafting Darko. I think Nuggets fans would be a bit disappointed to see him go too. But if we wanted to have a discussion about who can lead a team to a championship (at least talent wise) and is still young, there's Lebron, Kobe, Howard, Wade, Paul, Williams, and Anthony. He's right up there with the top talent in the game, I just don't know how that solves Detroits struggles at center.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #32
ChuckDaly
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ChuckDaly has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
... Anthony... He's right up there with the top talent in the game, I just don't know how that solves Detroits struggles at center.

I agree. Sucker punch aside, Melo is tough: he has the handle of a PG, the stroke of pure shooter, and the inside game of a PF.

IF Denver trades Melo, it will be to dump salaries. They are going backwards, too many teams in the west are near top or on the rise (Lakers, Jazz, Spurs, New Orleans, etc.), and the Nuggets payroll is huge. That and they are super high on that Kleiza guy, who happens to play Melo's spot.

Which means along with Melo, Nene may be packaged. He's owed around 10mil per. Let Kander work his magic on his injury prone ass, and we may have an answer at the 5 to deal with the East's better centers, and someone with enough size and ability to compliment Amir and/or Maxiel at the 4 for years to come.

Last edited by ChuckDaly : 06-12-2008 at 11:17 AM.
ChuckDaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #33
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I didn't really think about Nene as an option but I am sure they want to dump his salary as well. He is 6'11" and 250, which is big enough to play the C position. I am sure he could help fill the holes in the lane with guys like Lebron slashing through and also he could put a body on someone like Howard. The problem with him is he's played in less games than Camby has throughout the years.
Old 06-13-2008, 04:29 AM   #34
dd24
College superstar

Who's been watching the NBA finals? I think a lot of us overreacted (including myself). Somehow the Celtics have torn apart the Lakers thus far. Even if that series goes 7 I think the Pistons played them harder. They aren't that far off. They are the 2nd best team in the league. The East is much more difficult than the media lets us believe. One solid trade is all it could take for this team to be in the finals.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #35
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Latest rumor I heard was Sheed and Tayshaun to Bobcats for Gerald Wallace, Sean May, Adam Morrison and the #9 pick.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #36
dd24
College superstar

That is a horrible trade for Detroit. No way it happens.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:45 PM   #38
shaoyut
National High School Star

shaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected postershaoyut is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
That is a horrible trade for Detroit. No way it happens.
that trade is not horrible
shaoyut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:57 PM   #39
dd24
College superstar

So a trade of starters/all-stars/olympic athletes for bench players that are injury prone isn't a bad trade?
Old 06-26-2008, 06:25 PM   #40
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

Here's a question for you Piston fans. Please don't flame-me off your board for this but I was wonder if you guys still see Rip Hamilton being move this offseason? I also wanted your thoughts on any combination of Jason Kapono, Andrea Bargnani and Anthony Parker, also inclued would be Toronto's newly acquired 2nd round pick would be any of interest for Hamilton?
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:57 PM   #41
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Nah, that offer is pretty bad. Rip is pretty likely to stay in Detroit, because of his efficiency and the fact he only has 2 years left on his deal.

The only intriguing available player Toronto has is Bargnani. And we already have two young PFs who are better at this point. Andrea could be a very good player one day, but without developing his turnaround jumper in the post and showing more hustle on the boards... he'll be a huge bust. One part of his game that I like is the flashes of defensive potential he shows once in a while. I think it will take at least 3 or 4 more years for him to be something worthwile.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 06:59 PM   #42
dd24
College superstar

I think Rip probably has the least of worries about being traded. The guys the Pistons would move first would be Billups and Sheed. Billups because they have Stuckey who can slide into the PG spot and Sheed because he is an expring contract that draws some interest, plus it's nearing a time for change anyhow. I can't see trading rip for any of those players. Nothing against those guys but Detroit has good role players. Bargnani isn't a Detroit type guy. He's not the gritty defensive stopper in the middle they are looking for. The only way Dumars would want to make a trade is for a teams #1 or possibly #2 option. In Toronto the only guy Dumars would go for is Bosh, who is completely untouchable, especially now that you just got O'neal.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:01 PM   #43
dd24
College superstar

Besides if they make a trade like that they end up with a huge hole at SG. It couldn't happen.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:08 PM   #44
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

According to some bay area newspaper, Detroit and GS discussed swapping Baron Davis and Al Harrington for Chauncey and Rasheed.

at first it looks lopsided in favor of GS, but then you look at the fact that Chauncey is 33, Rasheed is 35... Baron is 28 and Harrington is 27.
the biggest incentive for Detroit would be the fact that both Baron and Harrington have expiring contracts, meaning if we kept Dyess we would be under the cap enough in '09 to get a good FA. Like Brand, who chose not to opt out as far as I know.

Still, this trade would only be good as a last resort much closer to the trade deadline. And I'm sure the Pistons would want one of Pietrus, Belinelli, or even Brandan Wright before they gave this some serious consideration.

Detroit media says pay no attention to the rumor, nothing of this sort was ever discussed.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 07:31 PM   #45
dd24
College superstar

Yeah, we were discussing that one. I don't like it. But, I do like the points you made about it. Before that I really couldn't find anything positive to it. Although, I think Detroit would have a hard time luring someone like Brand in and we don't need a PF. We just don't need anymore PF's. We have enough. We need a center more than anything. I actually think Hermann could be a good backup at SF if he was given a chance. The rest of the people from the Agentina gold medal team in 04 have been nice contributors in the NBA. Is there any decent FA centers in 09?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: