Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-31-2008, 01:31 AM   #31
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputationallball has decent reputation
Default Re: Derrick Rose: "Beasley is Way Better Than Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I didnt know so called thugs could be modest.

man just park the cars and hush.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 04:28 AM   #32
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

NBA Pre-Draft Camp, Day Four

Quote:
Clearly the most impressive workout of any of the 15 players belonged to Derrick Rose. Not so much for what he showed, but mostly just for what he is. He got up and down the floor fluidly and smoothly, covering tons of ground with each and every stride, and looked excellent changing speeds and operating skillfully with both hands in the ball-handling drills. His athleticism is nothing short of stunning, starting with his phenomenal first step, his ability to change gears, and his incredible explosiveness finishing around the basket. He came out with a business-like approach, and left no doubt about just how unique his talent-level and physical tools are. A nice bonus was the way he shot the ball, hitting more than one NBA 3-pointer and looking solid from mid-range as well.

I think Rose is going to be the best player in his draft class, and i expect him to lead the Chicago Bulls back into the playoffs next year.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:14 AM   #33
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

That's more of a positive than a negative when Rose made the remarks.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:26 AM   #34
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here

Rose is telling the truth. Michael Beasley is a better player for now but Derrick Rose is more of a team player and has greater potential to be a franchise player.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:17 AM   #35
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
hmm..D-Wade and Rose or Rose and scrubs.The windy city or the sunshine state? Easy choice for Rose.
You forget that Derrick was born and raised in Chicago? Did you forget he grew up loving the Bulls? Or did you just never know?
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 07:25 AM   #36
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
No... they'll draft Rose and then trade Hinrich or Larry Hughes & Tyrus Thomas for a decent big man.

What team is going to give up even a solid starting big man for that package?
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:12 AM   #37
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
A nice bonus was the way he shot the ball, hitting more than one NBA 3-pointer and looking solid from mid-range as well.

The bar is said so low for Rose...OMG more then one 3 pointer...what a shooter!!!
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:42 AM   #38
DCL
NBA rookie of the year

DCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this boardDCL is popular on this board

kid probably has been to a few parties in south beach.
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:51 AM   #39
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Michael Beasley looked super fluid and athletic getting up and down the court, finishing with either hand and looking to be in pretty good shape. He attacked the drills with a lot of competitive fire, but most definitely was clowning around way too much throughout the day right underneath the noses of the Miami Heat and Chicago Bulls. There were a few people that expressed concern with some of his antics over the past few days. He shot the ball just decently.

"just" decently...using that terminology after praising Rose for making more then one 3 point shot is iffy. ANd how do they get on the kid for having fun playing basketball.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:09 PM   #40
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
West/Chandler own Noah/Tyrus or Gooden

not even close

thats why bulls lead the whole game durring last time hornets played them... it was CP3 that could not be stopped. west and chandler was not a factor..
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:16 PM   #41
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

hinrich can be a good point guard when the game isnt 4 vs 5 (ben wallace is gone) gooden can score.. now we add beasley who can score. We got a big 2 at the 4 and 5 now. its time to shine chicago. do some trades get a good point guard but dont lose out on beasley. Hell miami is struggling to get some players they need more than rose and wade to win more than 10 games a year give them 3 players and miami will let go of rose.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:57 PM   #42
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Chris Paul's stats in his draft year (Sophomore):

33.4mpg, 15.3ppg (shooting 45.1/47.4/83.4), 6.6apg, 4.5rpg

Deron William's stats in his draft year (Junior):

33.7mpg, 12.5ppg (shooting 43.3/36.4/67.7), 6.8apg, 3.6rpg

Derrick Rose's stats in his draft year (Freshmen):

29.2mpg, 14.9ppg (shooting 47.7/33.7/71.2), 4.7apg, 4.5rpg

And if we adjust to 33.7mpg:

33.7mpg, 17.2ppg (shooting 47.7/33.7/71.2), 5.4apg, 5.2rpg

I think Rose is the Complete Package, and i can see him producing better numbers in the NBA because he would be playing on teams that need an athletic PG in their roster.

He can improved his passing skills in the NBA, and in College he is already a better scorer and rebounder than Deron Williams ( Similar Size only Rose is a much superior athlete)

I wouldn't be suprised that less than 2 years from now that Rose is going to be a top 3 PG in the league, and He is ceiling is much higher compared to Deron Williams and CP3.

After watching him in the Final 4 Tournament i think Rose is destined to become one of the best PG in the next Decade.

Chris Paul College Per: 25

Derrick Rose College Per: 24 ( also lead his team to the NCAA Finals as a 19 yrs.old College Freshmen)

Deron Williams College Per:

Quote:

Chris Paul and Deron Williams Freshmen Stats

Deron Williams

28.1 mpg 6.3 ppg, 4.5 apg, 3.0 rpg, 0.2 bpg, 1.4 spg

Chris Paul

33.6 mpg, 14.8 ppg, 5.9 apg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 bpg, 2.7 spg

Last edited by Lebron23 : 05-31-2008 at 03:17 PM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #43
deion2123
High school junior varsity star

deion2123 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP
Miami is a much better city than Chicago thats why
deion2123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:37 PM   #44
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rose is doing the smart thing by trying to dampen expectations. He is a ways away from being a NBA point guard, and that is something that fans need to understand. Expecting him to elevate the games of the Bull core is asking to much at this point in Rose's development.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:46 PM   #45
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Chris Paul's stats in his draft year (Sophomore):

33.4mpg, 15.3ppg (shooting 45.1/47.4/83.4), 6.6apg, 4.5rpg

Deron William's stats in his draft year (Junior):

33.7mpg, 12.5ppg (shooting 43.3/36.4/67.7), 6.8apg, 3.6rpg

Derrick Rose's stats in his draft year (Freshmen):

29.2mpg, 14.9ppg (shooting 47.7/33.7/71.2), 4.7apg, 4.5rpg

And if we adjust to 33.7mpg:

33.7mpg, 17.2ppg (shooting 47.7/33.7/71.2), 5.4apg, 5.2rpg

so how exactly does playing about 4 more minutes a game make you all of a sudden average 2.5 points more per game? i dont see that logic behind this
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: