Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-31-2008, 04:57 PM   #46
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Default Re: Derrick Rose: "Beasley is Way Better Than Me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big One
Chris Paul's stats in his draft year (Sophomore):

33.4mpg, 15.3ppg (shooting 45.1/47.4/83.4), 6.6apg, 4.5rpg

Deron William's stats in his draft year (Junior):

33.7mpg, 12.5ppg (shooting 43.3/36.4/67.7), 6.8apg, 3.6rpg

Derrick Rose's stats in his draft year (Freshmen):

29.2mpg, 14.9ppg (shooting 47.7/33.7/71.2), 4.7apg, 4.5rpg

And if we adjust to 33.7mpg:

33.7mpg, 17.2ppg (shooting 47.7/33.7/71.2), 5.4apg, 5.2rpg

so how exactly does playing about 4 more minutes a game make you all of a sudden average 2.5 points more per game? i dont see that logic behind this

He have a better FG% percentage than CP3 and I just converted his stats if he is going to play 33.7 Per Game instead of his normal playing time in Memphis.

Just like the Per 36 Minutes in BasketballReference.com
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:13 AM   #47
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
He have a better FG% percentage than CP3 and I just converted his stats if he is going to play 33.7 Per Game instead of his normal playing time in Memphis.

Just like the Per 36 Minutes in BasketballReference.com

That isn't very good logic.

Rose played in CUSA (A horrible conference outside of Memphis and you could say Houston, even though Houston is a subpar team)

Chris Paul, played in the ACC, a top 3 conference year in and year out.

Deron Williams played in the Big 10, another top conference year in and year out.

Rose is a solid ball player and has the tools to become great, but just because he has had a few good workouts doesn't mean he is going to be better than Chris Paul, especially in the next few years. Paul has pieces around him that make him better, and put him in a position to make everyone else better. If he didn't have Chandler, chances are he wouldn't be throwing lobs. If he didn't have guys like Peja on the outside and West on the inside, chances are the lane wouldn't be as free as it is. He makes his teamates better, but they make him better as well. Rose isn't going to be delt an amazing hand to begin with and he is going to have to work to become great. He still isn't that great of a shooter, that is going to take time and reps.

Beasley is obviously the better player now. He showed in each game in college when he put up huge numbers with only Bill Walker on his team. Rose had 3-4 other NBA players with him.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:45 AM   #48
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
That isn't very good logic.

Rose played in CUSA (A horrible conference outside of Memphis and you could say Houston, even though Houston is a subpar team)

Chris Paul, played in the ACC, a top 3 conference year in and year out.

Deron Williams played in the Big 10, another top conference year in and year out.

Rose is a solid ball player and has the tools to become great, but just because he has had a few good workouts doesn't mean he is going to be better than Chris Paul, especially in the next few years. Paul has pieces around him that make him better, and put him in a position to make everyone else better. If he didn't have Chandler, chances are he wouldn't be throwing lobs. If he didn't have guys like Peja on the outside and West on the inside, chances are the lane wouldn't be as free as it is. He makes his teamates better, but they make him better as well. Rose isn't going to be delt an amazing hand to begin with and he is going to have to work to become great. He still isn't that great of a shooter, that is going to take time and reps.

Beasley is obviously the better player now. He showed in each game in college when he put up huge numbers with only Bill Walker on his team. Rose had 3-4 other NBA players with him.

Rose played well in the Final Four, and even putting up better stats againts some of the top seed teams in the Tournament. Rose just finished his College Freshmen, and he is already a physically gifted athlete than 28 yrs.old Kirk Hinrich.

Derrick plays in a system that is just not build to racking up assists. Rather than playing a typical pick and roll game like most team’s do Rose’s first goal in Memphis’ offense is to try and find an opening to the basket himself, and if he can’t do it, he pass the ball to an open teammate who puts the ball on the floor and it nullifies any chance for him to be credited of an assists.

Michael Beasley is the 2nd best player in the draft, but show some attitude problems, when he said that he didn't want to workout yesterday unless his team has arrive to watched him play in the Draft Camp.

Rose also lead the Tigers (37-1) tied the NCAA Division I record for wins in a season, with their only loss coming to a team ranked No. 2 at the time, and he also managed to averaged 20 points, 6 rebounds, 6 assists in the tourney while leading his team to a runner up finished in the NCAA Finals.

He is also a proven winner since he was in Highschool by leading his team to several regional championship, and even earning some Major Awards because he is the most talented player in his draft class.

Quote:
As freshman in 2003-04, averaged 18.5 points, 4.7 rebounds, 6.6 assists and 2.1 steals ... Simeon finished the 2003-04 season with a 24-1 record.

As a sophomore in 2004-05, averaged 19.8 points, 5.1 boards, 8.3 assists and 2.4 steals, while shooting 50 percent from the floor. Simeon finished the 2004-05 campaign with a 30-5 record

As a junior in 2005-06, averaged 20.1 points, 5.4 rebounds, 8.7 assists and 2.6 steals ... Shot 57 percent from the field ... Helped lead the Wolverines to a 33-4 record and the Illinois Class AA championship ... Simeon also won the Chicago city crown .

Named 2007 Illinois Mr. Basketball by the Chicago Tribune ... Two-time Illinois All-State selection (2006 and 2007) ... Averaged 25.2 points, 9.1 rebounds, 8.8 assists and 3.4 steals, while shooting 59 percent from the floor ... Led Simeon Career Academy to a 33-2 overall record and the Illinois Class AA championship in 2006-07

The Main Goal of a lottery pick in the NBA is by helping your team wins in the regular season, and i am sure Rose can also turn the Bulls into a legit contender by making his teammates better, and he can also act as their leader in the playoffs something that Gordon, Deng and even Hinrich failed to do in the post season.

Rose is going to be the better NBA player next season while Beasley is going to be a great addition for the Miami Heat.

Last edited by Lebron23 : 06-01-2008 at 08:12 AM.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 07:59 AM   #49
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

I hope the Bulls select Beasley. I'm disappointed that Beasley's favorite player is Carmelo Anthony. Beasley isn't a super athlete so I understand him trying to be more of a finesse scorer than a power scorer in the NBA, but it still is disappointing to find out that he basically has no will to try.
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:46 AM   #50
jamal99
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
I hope the Bulls select Beasley. I'm disappointed that Beasley's favorite player is Carmelo Anthony. Beasley isn't a super athlete so I understand him trying to be more of a finesse scorer than a power scorer in the NBA, but it still is disappointing to find out that he basically has no will to try.

Beasley is pretty amazing athlete...
jamal99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:35 AM   #51
disco
Great young streetballer

It seems that more and more mock drafts now have Rose as #1. Draftexpress' opinion changes a few days ago having had Beasley as number 1 all season.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #52
danumber88
I'm a neat monster.

Derrick Rose just needs to work on his passing and a little bit of his defense..
then id say hes as good as Beasley.
danumber88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 12:57 PM   #53
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal99
Beasley is pretty amazing athlete...
Beasley is a good athlete but his athleticism has become over-rated due to his dunk contest ability.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #54
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

his comments don't surprise me. He is extremely humble and shy off the court.
On the court he is a beast.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 12:59 AM   #55
Ballertom04
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Talking Re: Derrick Rose: "Beasley is Way Better Than Me"

I Think That Derrick Was Just being Nice.......Modest Or Something Like That!!!!!!
Ballertom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: