Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 03-31-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Who to draft ?

So the college year is about over, and Cavs are pretty much locked in to a pick around #18-20. That gives us a pretty good idea who might be available, so the question is who do we want ?

Personally I'm hoping Cavs go for a bigman. Ben Wallace, Joe Smith and Z are all in their 30's, and Andy isnt exactly an allstar. Plus we have an abundance of PGs and swingmen.

So the question is who ? Guys who might be available around the Cavs pick are:

Darrell Arthur
Roy Hibbert
Marreese Speights
Javele McGee
Robin Lopez
Hasheem Thabeet
Tyler Hansbrough
And more..

Basically a lot of potential out there considering how low a pick it is, who do you like and do you think the Cavs will be able to get someone decent ?
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:05 PM   #2
Mathius
NBA sixth man of the year

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Who to draft ?

I don't follow college ball much, so I'm pretty much useless as far as specifics. I know a little about Hibbard, because I watched OH state play Georgetown last year, but I don't think I've heard of anyone else on that list.

I wouldn't waste the pick on a center there, there have been too many busts at that position to bother with, especially in the "draft a project late in the draft" category.

I think the Cavs need to take the best scorer possible at that position, with emphasis on a pure shooter or a PF type.

I think with the addition of Delonte West, and having Lebron on the team already, the biggest thing we lack is a second scorer. If we can get that from a big man, or a shooter, that would be best. SG and PF are our weak positions as I see it.

I think Ben Wallace is still a beast defensively, but adds nothing on offense.

I honestly don't see a quality big man being available that late in the draft anyways.

I would also be looking at trades, if there is any interest, or look for someone to fall, like Marcus Williams did last year, or Sean Williams this year.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #3
hotsauce2007
I airball my layups

hotsauce2007 has an OK reputation so far

thats obvious you have to get tyler hansbrough hes amazing with a lot of potential and amazing defence and offence hes a team player with a lot of body strength and knows and knows how to use it
hes also a very mature young player so there shouldnt be many mistakes made often although he is known for having a bad temper with the other team if something doesnt go his way

BUT STILL GET HANSBROUGH HES THE BEST THERE ON THAT LIST.
hotsauce2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

I say a good SG, we dont want Devin Brown and Sasha Pavlovic starting do we?

Anyone know any good SG's in the draft that don't need the ball to be effective?
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #5
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP

Anyone know any good SG's in the draft that don't need the ball to be effective?
chris lofton is a good sg
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #6
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBJ 4 MVP

Brandon Rush (Not sure he will slip)
Tyrece Rice (undersized guard) He dropped 48 for us this year.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 07:10 PM   #7
lil baller
wade=mvp

lil baller has an OK reputation so far

tyler hansbrough is going back to college
lil baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #8
LBJ 4 MVP
Sit yo ass down!

LBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected posterLBJ 4 MVP is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Tyrece Rice (undersized guard) He dropped 48 for us this year.
Yeah I seen that game against UNC. But Brandon Rush is probably the best player for us that might slip.
LBJ 4 MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:12 PM   #9
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Getting a bit closer to the draft now and we know the order, so I thought I would refresh this.

As it stands it seems the following players are likely to be picked around the time the Cavs are up:

SG/SF:

Brandon Rush
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Chase Budinger
Donte Green

PF/C:
Kosta Koufos
Javale McGee
Roy Hibbert

Doesn't seem to be any decent PGs around this range, and frankly I kinda like our West/Gibson combo so wouldn't want to pick one anyway.

Anyway the guy I want at this point is Javale McGee (http://youtube.com/watch?v=qJilDqw8JOY). We could use some athleticism and youth in the frontcourt, and while he's still rather raw he certainly has a lot of potential, and we can afford to gamble a bit on a bigman this low in the draft.
Alternatively Kosta Koufus would also be a good pick, with a bit more polished skills but less athleticism (http://youtube.com/watch?v=oLOttXIKIJU)
Old 05-23-2008, 09:14 PM   #10
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

Gotta go with budinger.. he has a nice stroke can defend and can really jump ... that is if he slips this far....
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #11
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This is just an idea of what i would do.......draft CDR. Trade Eric Snow, Wall, Varajeo, & this years and next years 2nd round picks for redd and simmons. After that trade Sash and Joe smith, sasha, and next years 1st rounder for ron artest and spencer hawes.

Lineup
PG-West/Gibson
SG-Redd/CDR
SF-Lebron/Devin Brown
PF-Artest/Ben
C-Z/Hawes

Reserves
Lance Allred
Billy T.
Dwayne Jones

Edited-

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 05-24-2008 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:52 PM   #12
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
This is just an idea of what i would do.......draft CDR. Trade Eric Snow, Wall, Varajeo, & this years and next years 2nd round picks for redd and simmons. After that trade Sash and Joe smith, sasha, and next years 1st rounder for ron artest and spencer hawes.

Lineup
PG-West/Gibson
SG-Redd/Devin Brown
SF-Lebron/Artest
PF-Wallace/FA
C-Z/Hawes

Reserves
Lance Allred
Billy T.
Dwayne Jones

Lets forget for a sec that the trades are rather unlikely.

Why would we draft CDR if we're just going to stick him on the bench and we could use a backup bigman ?

Also why would we trade for Artest if we didn't have any minutes for him with Redd and Lebron starting ?
Old 05-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #13
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Lets forget for a sec that the trades are rather unlikely.

Why would we draft CDR if we're just going to stick him on the bench and we could use a backup bigman ?

Also why would we trade for Artest if we didn't have any minutes for him with Redd and Lebron starting ?
It was just an idea. we could change it around.

PG-west/boobie
SG-redd/CDR/devin brown
SF-Lebron/devin/CDR/
PF-artest/wallace/FA
C-Z/Hawes

Hows that?

EDITED-

Last edited by 1~Gibson~1 : 05-24-2008 at 04:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:53 PM   #14
BigTicket
Cavs for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
It was just an idea. we could change it around.

PG-west/boobie
SG-redd/CDR/devin brown
SF-Lebron/devin/CDR/
PF-artest/wallace/FA
C-Z/Hawes

Hows that?

EDITED-

Better, but I'm not sold on Artest as a PF, and I'm not a big fan of Hawes, would really rather just skip the 2nd trade and pick up McGee/Koufos in the draft.
Old 05-24-2008, 05:29 PM   #15
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Better, but I'm not sold on Artest as a PF, and I'm not a big fan of Hawes, would really rather just skip the 2nd trade and pick up McGee/Koufos in the draft.
doesnt matter to me as long as we get CDR and redd
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: