Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-02-2008, 08:05 AM   #46
ikoiko
Local High School Star

ikoiko has decent reputationikoiko has decent reputation
Default Re: True or False: Whites are better in bands/Blacks as solo artist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen

Uhhh...blues, jazz?

Who is this kid?

I'm getting confused here. Why is Neil Young a solo artist but not Hendrix? They both played with full bands.

maybe i wasn't as clear making my point as i should have. english is my second language and sometimes my wording is a bit off. my point is, in rock many great acts are bands, and for example in blues and jazz the most prominent acts have been solo artists.

seeing your point about neil youngs band, maybe you count the likes of bb king and miles davis as bands? as they had big bands behind them, but i don't think you should.
ikoiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:59 PM   #47
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just did a little research on a hunch and found that Metallica is also of mixed race. Lead guitarist Kirk Hammett is, by American standards, a black male.

This throws everything into disarray.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #48
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I just did a little research on a hunch and found that Metallica is also of mixed race. Lead guitarist Kirk Hammett is, by American standards, a black male.

This throws everything into disarray.

Filipino + Irish = black?
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #49
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
Funny cause last I checked black people invented rock music.

I never understood responses like this one. Dude says blacks don't play in rock bands that much (present tense) and you respond by saying "black people invented rock music." What's your point?

Now he might have meant they never did, which would be wrong...but it sure doesn't read that way.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 05:04 PM   #50
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Filipino + Irish = black?
EDIT: Nevermind... misread an article.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 03:42 PM   #51
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

bump
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:06 AM   #52
D.J.
College superstar

D.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputationD.J. has a terrific reputation

In some cases true, and in others, it is false. As far as white people, you have Elvis Presley, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, and Michael Bolton just to name a few. They are white and some of the best solo performers you will find. There have also been a share of great black bands, such as the Supremes, the Isley Brothers, the Temptations, and The Jackson 5.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:29 AM   #53
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J.
In some cases true, and in others, it is false. As far as white people, you have Elvis Presley, Phil Collins, Peter Gabriel, and Michael Bolton just to name a few. They are white and some of the best solo performers you will find. There have also been a share of great black bands, such as the Supremes, the Isley Brothers, the Temptations, and The Jackson 5.
Old 01-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #54
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

More discussion?
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #55
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
More discussion?
why would bump this shitty thread?
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:15 AM   #56
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
why would bump this shitty thread?
Cause there are more shittier threads on the first page.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:17 AM   #57
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this boardJust2McFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Cause there are more shittier threads on the first page.
That's just like not flushing the toilet because the person before you didn't.
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: