Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-02-2008, 10:53 AM   #16
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: player you want your team to draft

For the longest time, I've wanted the Rockets to draft Robin Lopez in the first round, but I'm thinking he'll be gone by the time we pick. I'd say if he is on the board, that's who I would want them to pick more than likely. We need a couple of insurance bodies for when Yao goes down.

If he's gone, I wouldn't be opposed to them drafting Jason Thompson if he's still on the board. I'll admit I don't know too much about him, but everything I've heard about him seems to be positive.

In the event that both of those guys are off the board, it comes down to the swingmen. My personal list, in order, would be: Brandon Rush, Chris Douglas-Roberts, and Chase Budinger. I know Budinger being ranked 3rd on the list will raise some eyebrows, but I don't feel too good about him as a pro. He seems passive, but if he's there and none of the other are, he's too good to pass up at that spot. I also like Sonny Weems, but there is a chance, unfortunately for me as a Razorback fan, that he'll be available with our late 2nd round pick. But if we go with a swingman in the 1st, I wouldn't imagine they'd pick another one in the 2nd.

I'll clean the list up a bit.

Robin Lopez
Jason Thompson
Brandon Rush
Chris Douglas-Roberts
Chase Budinger
Sonny Weems - 2nd round
Sasha Kaun - 2nd round
Shan Foster - 2nd round
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:20 PM   #17
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

my list of hopeful future nuggets

russell westbrook

demarcus nelson 6-3 pg
davon jefferson 6-7 sf
josh duncan 6-9 sf/pf
joey dorsey 6-8 pf
alexis ajinca 7-1 c

i hope denver finds a way to aquire multiple picks from sonics or blazers- or the nets, bucks, or knicks

any of those players would be good nugs- westbrook would be the perfect point gaurd to pair with the players we have in denver imo
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 03:45 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
my list of hopeful future nuggets

russell westbrook

demarcus nelson 6-3 pg
davon jefferson 6-7 sf
josh duncan 6-9 sf/pf
joey dorsey 6-8 pf
alexis ajinca 7-1 c

i hope denver finds a way to aquire multiple picks from sonics or blazers- or the nets, bucks, or knicks

any of those players would be good nugs- westbrook would be the perfect point gaurd to pair with the players we have in denver imo
the nuggets pick at 20 and most of the guys you listed (besides westbrook) will be 2nd round picks. some even late 2nd round (nelson,duncan). if you want a big guy around #20, jason thompson,hibbert,robin lopez,koufos would be better options. if speights or mcgee slips,take them first. if you want a pg, you should look for lawson (i know you dont like short pg's though) or chalmers (who has been moving up). wings around #20 could be brandon rush,chris douglas-roberts,donte greene(maybe),nicolas batum,or chase budinger. of all those guys i try to go in this order if i'm denver...

1.brandon rush
2.marreese speights
3.javale mcgee
4.jason thompson
5.donte greene
6.nicolas batum
7.koufos
8.chris douglas roberts
9.chalmers
10.lopez
11.hibbert
12.budinger
13.lawson
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:30 AM   #19
Hopper15
Serious playground baller

Hopper15 has not been impressing people

I hope the Warriors take Marreese Speights at 14.
Hopper15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:54 AM   #20
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

I want the Clippers to draft Eric Gordon at 7, or Brook Lopez/O.J. Mayo/Jerryd Bayless if any fall.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:27 AM   #21
CaptainOwlClub
Great young streetballer

CaptainOwlClub has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
the nuggets pick at 20 and most of the guys you listed (besides westbrook) will be 2nd round picks. some even late 2nd round (nelson,duncan). if you want a big guy around #20, jason thompson,hibbert,robin lopez,koufos would be better options. if speights or mcgee slips,take them first. if you want a pg, you should look for lawson (i know you dont like short pg's though) or chalmers (who has been moving up). wings around #20 could be brandon rush,chris douglas-roberts,donte greene(maybe),nicolas batum,or chase budinger. of all those guys i try to go in this order if i'm denver...

1.brandon rush
2.marreese speights
3.javale mcgee
4.jason thompson
5.donte greene
6.nicolas batum
7.koufos
8.chris douglas roberts
9.chalmers
10.lopez
11.hibbert
12.budinger
13.lawson

good point on my list not really centering around the #20 pick- i think alot of nugget fans would love hibbert or rush.

rush/budinger could be very possible as it looks like the nuggets will lose jr smith & yakouba diawara- if it was up to me it would be iverson leaving but we will see? either way nugs are losing 1 or 2 of their sg's so rush or buddinger would make sense

it also looks like denver will lose atleast najera and probobly camby as well so a center or pf would make sense- i like alot of those bigs in that range so i hope we get the best one- i am just intriuged the most by ajinca- maybe the safest and or best pick would be hibbert or koufos?

courtney lee and lester hudson would both have to be taken into consideration if available at 20

if the nuggets pair lawson up with iverson it will be unwatchable(for me) and we will be in the top 10 of the draft- george karl's only consistant pattern since coaching the nugs is that he will play the 2 smallest players the whole game- lawson & ai would struggle badly defensively and would both need the ball to be effective- i just see him as a horrible fit for denver-
CaptainOwlClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:20 AM   #22
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainOwlClub
good point on my list not really centering around the #20 pick- i think alot of nugget fans would love hibbert or rush.

rush/budinger could be very possible as it looks like the nuggets will lose jr smith & yakouba diawara- if it was up to me it would be iverson leaving but we will see? either way nugs are losing 1 or 2 of their sg's so rush or buddinger would make sense

it also looks like denver will lose atleast najera and probobly camby as well so a center or pf would make sense- i like alot of those bigs in that range so i hope we get the best one- i am just intriuged the most by ajinca- maybe the safest and or best pick would be hibbert or koufos?

courtney lee and lester hudson would both have to be taken into consideration if available at 20

if the nuggets pair lawson up with iverson it will be unwatchable(for me) and we will be in the top 10 of the draft- george karl's only consistant pattern since coaching the nugs is that he will play the 2 smallest players the whole game- lawson & ai would struggle badly defensively and would both need the ball to be effective- i just see him as a horrible fit for denver-
if I was denver I'd try to get rush or speights,even if I have to move up. rush would add size to the small backcourt,and speights is the best big man in that range.(I'm not sure what nugs want to do with martin and nene at pf position)
Old 06-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #23
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Mr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation hereMr_Basketball#1 has an incredible reputation here

I want Ty Lawson, Ty Rice or Chris Douglas Roberts
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:22 AM   #24
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1

I think Lawson would be a good pick for Celtics. If they get a good back up pg, who can challenge for a starter role, that's good enough for the 30th pick.

PS Rice isn't in the draft.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:31 AM   #25
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

me thinks sean singletary is better than ty lawson
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 12:30 PM   #26
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
rice is coming back for his senior season
Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 PM   #27
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
i do also. philly-bred
Old 06-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #28
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
"his work ethic is unparallel"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_YJQu4yQ6Pc

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7vEwcuo43UM&feature=related
Old 06-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #29
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I'm starting to like Roy Hibbert now. I think I might prefer him over Lopez, though I don't think it will matter because Hibbert probably will or should be gone by time the Rockets pick.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 01:26 PM   #30
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I'm starting to like Roy Hibbert now. I think I might prefer him over Lopez, though I don't think it will matter because Hibbert probably will or should be gone by time the Rockets pick.

I've had him above Lopez in my mock from day one, and will stick to that. I don't think there has been any center prospects for some while (apart from Love, if you count him as center) with that kind of a combination of basketball IQ, unselfishness, size and offensive arsenal. I don't think he is as soft as most people seem to think either.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: