Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2008, 11:51 AM   #1
mjbulls23
6 World Championships
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,729
mjbulls23 has an OK reputation so far
Default Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

http://insidehoops.com/beasley-interview-053008.shtml


What do you think your ideal position is in the NBA? Should we call you a small forward who is big enough to play power forward?

Yeah, I like that. Because I didn't measure at what I want to measure at.

So, we should call you a...

Three, four.





he also says his height is 6-8 1/2 among other things. So is he basically Carmelo with less range? I still think Beasley is better suited for this team but I'm beginning to question just how good of a fit he would be and whether or not Rose will fit in better than Beasley if Hinrich is traded.

Last edited by mjbulls23 : 05-31-2008 at 11:53 AM.
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:46 PM   #2
porebo
I hit open 100-footers
 
porebo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 260
porebo has decent reputationporebo has decent reputation
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

beasley its something like jamison and melo
he can shot from any position!
he would it in any team but i would like to see wade beasley and maion playing together
porebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:18 PM   #3
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbulls23
http://insidehoops.com/beasley-interview-053008.shtml


What do you think your ideal position is in the NBA? Should we call you a small forward who is big enough to play power forward?

Yeah, I like that. Because I didn't measure at what I want to measure at.

So, we should call you a...

Three, four.





he also says his height is 6-8 1/2 among other things. So is he basically Carmelo with less range? I still think Beasley is better suited for this team but I'm beginning to question just how good of a fit he would be and whether or not Rose will fit in better than Beasley if Hinrich is traded.

Here would be a fair comparrison of Beasley and Melo, both comming into their rookie years.

Beasley has a better stroke and more range, also is a stronger rebounder. Right now, he could play with Melo (not saying he is better), but once he gets the NBA game, I see Beasley being a better player than Melo. Which is huge. Right now I'd still give range to Beasley but Melo is still going to be more consistant just due to reps and what not. But Beasley in his second or third year should be atleast where Melo is now. But saying Beasley is bascially another Melo is a fair comparrision, even though Beasley has a better inside game and is a stronger rebounder.

Beasley fits the team just fine, he can play the 4 but roam like Dirk and Sheed. Just put some high low sets in for him and put him at the elbow. That way he could run pick and roll or pick and pop with Kirk while Noah is already in position to get rebounds since he would be on the block.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:50 PM   #4
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Beasly' more closer to 6'9' but its only a slight difference. If we selected him he would play better at small foward, and also can play some power foward. We dont need a small foward, and weve got a ton of good power fowards to develop. I like Beasley but Rose would be a much better fit.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
Beasly' more closer to 6'9' but its only a slight difference. If we selected him he would play better at small foward, and also can play some power foward. We dont need a small foward, and weve got a ton of good power fowards to develop. I like Beasley but Rose would be a much better fit.

Chicago's main need is to find a forward who can score. Beasley fits that bill. And if Chicago drafted him, he would start at the 4 right now, and possibly play the 3 a little bit. He isn't undersized at all to play the 4 in the NBA and that is more than likley where any team would stick him.

Chicago has so many guards that the only way Rose fits is if there is a trade.
Hinrich, Hughes, Thabo, Curry (all still under contract), Gordon (RFA), Brown, Duhon (URFA)

Duhon probably walks unless he really doesn't get any offers. If Chicago can resign him for what he has been getting then they should because he is a solid backup. Gordon will probably get a better offer from some other team. Still leaves you with 4-5 guards - of which are going to be harder to move than say Tyrus Thomas, Noah, or even Drew Gooden.

Easiest senerio to get this team in the right direction. Draft Beasley and trade Tyrus for a future draft pick. That gives you a solid team ALL-AROUND, something like what the Pistons used to be. No way is it contender status due to all the young players, but a winning team easy. Just keep the trade talks out of the meida.

To draft Rose, I really think Chicago is going to need to get rid of Hinrich or Hughes a grab a center with that. Reason I say that is the guard position would be way over populated. You trade Hinrich, then you have Rose and Hughes, or if you trade Hughes you would have Rose and Hinrich, with Hinrich also taking back the point guard spot when Rose hits the bench. With Thabo and possibly still Gordon comming of the bench.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:52 PM   #6
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Why does everybody want to see Tyrus gone? The guys barely played, and giving him up for a pick! You couldn't be serious. Every since we drafted him at number 4 the dudes been getting the $hit end of the stick. Thats all he needs is a good point gaurd and some coaching and now we could have that. I may be alone in this, but for all we know he could be just as good as Beasley. Yeah I said it, do something.lol.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 02:47 AM   #7
tian820
NBA lottery pick
 
tian820's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,513
tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Chicago's main need is to find a forward who can score. Beasley fits that bill. And if Chicago drafted him, he would start at the 4 right now, and possibly play the 3 a little bit. He isn't undersized at all to play the 4 in the NBA and that is more than likley where any team would stick him.

Chicago has so many guards that the only way Rose fits is if there is a trade.
Hinrich, Hughes, Thabo, Curry (all still under contract), Gordon (RFA), Brown, Duhon (URFA)

Duhon probably walks unless he really doesn't get any offers. If Chicago can resign him for what he has been getting then they should because he is a solid backup. Gordon will probably get a better offer from some other team. Still leaves you with 4-5 guards - of which are going to be harder to move than say Tyrus Thomas, Noah, or even Drew Gooden.

Easiest senerio to get this team in the right direction. Draft Beasley and trade Tyrus for a future draft pick. That gives you a solid team ALL-AROUND, something like what the Pistons used to be. No way is it contender status due to all the young players, but a winning team easy. Just keep the trade talks out of the meida.

To draft Rose, I really think Chicago is going to need to get rid of Hinrich or Hughes a grab a center with that. Reason I say that is the guard position would be way over populated. You trade Hinrich, then you have Rose and Hughes, or if you trade Hughes you would have Rose and Hinrich, with Hinrich also taking back the point guard spot when Rose hits the bench. With Thabo and possibly still Gordon comming of the bench.

I don't see why Gordon can't be traded to a team that needs a scorer. Most people compare Eric Gordon to him so why couldn't he be trade to a lottery team who's in position to grab a big man. Seems logical to say the least to me. Then the guard situation is a little less cloudy and Rose could be the guy.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #8
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
I don't see why Gordon can't be traded to a team that needs a scorer. Most people compare Eric Gordon to him so why couldn't he be trade to a lottery team who's in position to grab a big man. Seems logical to say the least to me. Then the guard situation is a little less cloudy and Rose could be the guy.

Highly doubt we would be able to trade Gordon for a lotto pick. Why? Because Gordon is going to have to be signed and then traded away, and more than likely is going to get 8-10 million. So for a trade to work with a lotto player, your going to have to match salaries, say roughly 9 million, and the rookie could take away about 2-3 million. So the team would trade away a lotto player, for Ben Gordon and a mid level player (probably a role player) to get a player who is going to give you 20 pts a game, no defense and no leadership...not going to happen. Trading him for more of a vet big man isn't out of the question, I am sure the Pacers would be more than willing to work with a deal around Ben Gordon.

Ring#7, the reason I want Tyrus gone is because he is bascially already a bust. Sure he has shown some improvements but IMO that was a huge mistake by Paxson, he had LA who was better than Tyrus is now when he came into the league and has only gotten better. And when you can work a trade out to get rid of him for something other than a pick lets see it. The guy makes around 3 million I believe and getting any first round pick for him would be solid. The funny thing is Joey Dorsey is going to be better than Tyrus, and he is a projected 2nd round pick.

And saying Tyrus could be better than Beasley is like saying Ben Gordon is the second comming of MJ.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12
Highly doubt we would be able to trade Gordon for a lotto pick. Why? Because Gordon is going to have to be signed and then traded away, and more than likely is going to get 8-10 million. So for a trade to work with a lotto player, your going to have to match salaries, say roughly 9 million, and the rookie could take away about 2-3 million. So the team would trade away a lotto player, for Ben Gordon and a mid level player (probably a role player) to get a player who is going to give you 20 pts a game, no defense and no leadership...not going to happen. Trading him for more of a vet big man isn't out of the question, I am sure the Pacers would be more than willing to work with a deal around Ben Gordon.

Ring#7, the reason I want Tyrus gone is because he is bascially already a bust. Sure he has shown some improvements but IMO that was a huge mistake by Paxson, he had LA who was better than Tyrus is now when he came into the league and has only gotten better. And when you can work a trade out to get rid of him for something other than a pick lets see it. The guy makes around 3 million I believe and getting any first round pick for him would be solid. The funny thing is Joey Dorsey is going to be better than Tyrus, and he is a projected 2nd round pick.

And saying Tyrus could be better than Beasley is like saying Ben Gordon is the second comming of MJ.



In the famous words of flava flave; Wooow, Woooooow.lol. Some of you guys got beasley way over rated. Dont get me wrong, he's good, and I happen to like his game. But to say compare Tyrus to Beasley like gordon to Mj? I hope your just playing around. Tyrus aint that far from Beasley, he just has a different style and paxson knew he was raw before he drafted him. And how can you say he's already a bust when he averages the same as Aldridge whenever he gets a chance to play. It aint his fault Skiles was playing Joe smith and Wallace because of there contracts. He just got the $hit end of the stick. and besides Rose and beasley there aint a player in the draft with more potential than Thomas. And heres an ambitious trade. Hinrich, noah and simmons for Aldridge, Pryzbilla, and jaret jack. It works out for both teams.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:56 PM   #10
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman
 
eeeeeebro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 2,561
eeeeeebro is considered somewhat cooleeeeeebro is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

with beasley joining the team tyrus thomas can learn from a real tallent...
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 10:42 PM   #11
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell
 
Dengness9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: The Windy City
Posts: 4,075
Dengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected posterDengness9 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
with beasley joining the team tyrus thomas can learn from a real tallent...

Talent is not a learned skill. Both Tyrus and Beasley have talent, its just Beasley has crazy shotting range and a great stroke and Tyrus will never have both, bcuz he doesn't have those talents.

DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU LEARN FROM A GREAT PLAYER, TYRUS STILL NEEDS SOMEONE TO GET HIM OPEN AND GET HIM THE BALL.....-----------> D ROSE

That is unless you think Beasley will be running pick and roles and throwing OOPS to Tyrus...
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 11:03 PM   #12
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
In the famous words of flava flave; Wooow, Woooooow.lol. Some of you guys got beasley way over rated. Dont get me wrong, he's good, and I happen to like his game. But to say compare Tyrus to Beasley like gordon to Mj? I hope your just playing around. Tyrus aint that far from Beasley, he just has a different style and paxson knew he was raw before he drafted him. And how can you say he's already a bust when he averages the same as Aldridge whenever he gets a chance to play. It aint his fault Skiles was playing Joe smith and Wallace because of there contracts. He just got the $hit end of the stick. and besides Rose and beasley there aint a player in the draft with more potential than Thomas. And heres an ambitious trade. Hinrich, noah and simmons for Aldridge, Pryzbilla, and jaret jack. It works out for both teams.

How can anyone over-rated Beasley at this point really, he is comming off possibly the GREATEST college year of any player...EVER. Averaging 26 pts and 12 rebounds a game is amazing for anyone in college, he did it in the Big 12. Possibly the best conference this year. I mean I guess if someone said he was already better than KG or Tim Duncan...something as far fetched as that then yeah you might be able to call them out on it. Even though personally I think Beasley could hold his own against either one of those players, he'd probably get schooled a few times, but he knows how to ball. Scouts are already saying his shooting touch and stroke are up at the top of anyone in the draft, not to mention his post game is probably the best out of anyone in the draft.

As for me saying comparing Tyrus to Beasley is like Gordon to MJ, it was a little bit of a joke, but not as much as you may seem. Tyrus as of now I see him as one dimensional (sp?), same goes for Gordon. It may not be as bad as that, but sorry Tyrus is no where near the level of Mike - if Tyrus were to be in this years draft, honestly do you think he'd make the lotto? It'd be close, but top 10...no way. Arthur is a better player than Tyrus and even he is bottom of the lotto.

As for the trade, I don't think the Blazers will trade LA, but with Oden comming back next year who knows. Hinrich, Roy and Oden would be a very fundamental basketball team though - could be a young Spurs-ish type of team.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:56 AM   #13
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Okay I may have exagerated about Tyrus being better than beasley. But tyrus aint as bad of a player as you make it sound. I think with Rose and some real coaching he's gonna put up big numbers this year. With consistent minutes he could be a canadite for the most improved player award. He's also got future defensive player of the year potential. Beasleys alot better because he can hold his own. Tyrus on the other hand needs to feed off the energy of his team. So in a way, thats a bonus for Tyrus because he's more of a team player. And remember the NBA is turning into a 5 man game so guys like Thomas are gonna benifit from it.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 03:43 AM   #14
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kansas
Posts: 706
KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ring#7
Okay I may have exagerated about Tyrus being better than beasley. But tyrus aint as bad of a player as you make it sound. I think with Rose and some real coaching he's gonna put up big numbers this year. With consistent minutes he could be a canadite for the most improved player award. He's also got future defensive player of the year potential. Beasleys alot better because he can hold his own. Tyrus on the other hand needs to feed off the energy of his team. So in a way, thats a bonus for Tyrus because he's more of a team player. And remember the NBA is turning into a 5 man game so guys like Thomas are gonna benifit from it.

He was a top 5 pick. Chicago had the 2nd pick in the draft and traded down to 4 to get him. Honestly, if you are a top 5 pick in the draft, you shouldn't need another player to become 'good' or even coaching. He should have the basketball IQ to become good or great by himself. He has had his time in the NBA and he should be there, yes he was a project but really how long should a project take? It's not like the kid came into the NBA without picking up a ball before. I used to be real high on Tyrus and thought he was the most untouchable Bull due to the high ceiling he had, well now I am fed up with him and IMO he had his chance but it's passed - I think we should just drop him while we can. I mean if they draft Rose then yeah keep him around for another season unless he is the key to getting a big man, but if they draft Beasley he should be the first one gone.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #15
Ring#7
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 120
Ring#7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Michael Beasley says that he is a combo forward..

If we draft Beasley, no doubt Thomas is outta here. And Thomas was a top 5 pick and a project. but the draft was weak that year. (Bargnani went 1 overall) And Aldridge and Roy turned out better than expected. Even though my top 3 in that draft was Aldridge, Gay, and Roy in that order. Tyrus came outta no where, but I didnt mind cause at the time we still had Chandler, and that front court with Chandler and Tyrus had alot of potential. Then Paxsons mouth start drooling over Ben Wallace and traded away Chandler for PJ Brown and JR Smith. Didnt play JR at all that year, barely played Tyrus, Wallace hogged up all the minutes and averaged 4 points, and they gave all Tyrus minutes to PJ Brown who was suspected to retire. What the hell happened there? But I dont see us drafting Beasley so Rose is a no brainer. If we could just find a complete center to pair with Tyrus then its all good. If not we should include Tyrus in a trade for Elton Brand.
Ring#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy