Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default what's left after Harrington

assuming he goes to the Pacers, what's left? Let me propose the following.

To Bobcats (who need to add contracts, but not long-term older players):
Mihm, Cook, Sasha, McKie, 1st or 2nd round pick (expiring contracts, professionalism in McKie and backcourt depth)

To Lakers:
Bonzi (via S&T, he may have to stay w Charlotte for a few months)
Brevin Knight (Bobcats want to accomodate him by sending to contender, plus they want to start Felton).

I think the math works if Bonzi is getting $7 or $8per.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 01:02 PM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

i like the idea. but does mitch know about it. you know, sometimes, I wonder what laker managment is doing just sitting there???

anways, I like the deal alot. we get rid of players we dont need. we also get an expirer in brevin i think. the addition of bonzi will provide us with scoring and aggressivness in the backcourt or frontcourt depending on where he plays.

maybe a lineup like this would work

kobe
bonzi
radman
odom
kwame

or

brevin
kobe
radman
odom
kwame

or

brevin
kobe
bonzi
odom
kwame

i doubt mitch is after bonzi though, i think the harrington is the last piece we're goin after...if it fails, expect our team to stay the same
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #3
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

mavsfan4zindagi has an OK reputation so far

Its a good idea for the Lakers, but I don't see how that helps the Bobcats at all.

If anything, they'd be better off just re-signing Melvin Ely and Jumaine Jones to 4-5 million per year extentions and then going after Bonzi if they need to get to the cap minimum.

They don't need expiring contracts and they aren't gonna take the Lakers trash just to make LA better.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 02:36 PM   #4
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsfan4zindagi
Its a good idea for the Lakers, but I don't see how that helps the Bobcats at all.

If anything, they'd be better off just re-signing Melvin Ely and Jumaine Jones to 4-5 million per year extentions and then going after Bonzi if they need to get to the cap minimum.

They don't need expiring contracts and they aren't gonna take the Lakers trash just to make LA better.

you are mistaken. they do not want to take Bonzi or anyone else that old for an extended period of time. Resigning Ely is a possibility.
They DO want expiring contracts. In fact they NEED expiring contracts to get to the required minimum payroll. they want those contracts to be expiring because they don't want anyone long term, unless of course he's young stud (but nobody is giving away young studs).

lastly, the proposed trade includes quality players, not "Trash"...Mihm is just entering his prime, is better than what they have and is an expiring contract. Cook is a good role player and an expiring contract. Sasha has lots of growing to do and is a short contract. McKie is useless except for lockerroom presence and professionalism, and is an expiring contract.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
you are mistaken. they do not want to take Bonzi or anyone else that old for an extended period of time. Resigning Ely is a possibility.
They DO want expiring contracts. In fact they NEED expiring contracts to get to the required minimum payroll. they want those contracts to be expiring because they don't want anyone long term, unless of course he's young stud (but nobody is giving away young studs).

Why would they wanna add expiring contracts? So they can go through this process of adding 20M in salary just to get to the minimum salary cap? I'm pretty sure the Cats are looking to add people of VALUE and not just someone with an expiring contract.

Bonzi may be old(didn't know that 30 year olds are considered "old"), but he actually gives the Bobcats a chance to win. He can go out there and help win games. Mihm? Cook? Sasha? Mckie? All are bench riding role players on a non contending team.

Did you ever ask yourself why wouldn't the Bobcats just NOT sign Bonzi rather then add some contracts that are gonna come off next year anyway? What would be the point of the process rather then making the Lakers a better team?

Quote:
lastly, the proposed trade includes quality players, not "Trash"...Mihm is just entering his prime, is better than what they have and is an expiring contract. Cook is a good role player and an expiring contract. Sasha has lots of growing to do and is a short contract. McKie is useless except for lockerroom presence and professionalism, and is an expiring contract.

Of course to a Laker fan these players are anything but marginal. If you look at your team objectively, as hard as that might be, you have 2 players with legit value(Kobe and Odom) and 1 with marginal value(Bynum). The rest are "trash" to other teams.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #6
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Why would they wanna add expiring contracts? So they can go through this process of adding 20M in salary just to get to the minimum salary cap? I'm pretty sure the Cats are looking to add people of VALUE and not just someone with an expiring contract.

Bonzi may be old(didn't know that 30 year olds are considered "old"), but he actually gives the Bobcats a chance to win. He can go out there and help win games. Mihm? Cook? Sasha? Mckie? All are bench riding role players on a non contending team.

Did you ever ask yourself why wouldn't the Bobcats just NOT sign Bonzi rather then add some contracts that are gonna come off next year anyway? What would be the point of the process rather then making the Lakers a better team?

you're missing the point...again.
First of all, it's adding $8m in contracts, not $20m. and yes, just so they can get to the minimum (otherwise they must distribute the difference to their existing players).

yes, they would obviously like to add someone of value. but they don't want to add someone who is going to take time away from developing their young studs. nor are they going to sign a big long-term contract to an older player (like Bonzi). they are not going to win it all next year...they are developing their players. if there was a young stud available, of course they would try to sign him. no one is giving up their you studs.
Bobcats needs are not the same as the bulls, mavs, lakers, etc.

you may not think much of Mihm, but he would be the Mavs #2 center, easily, and maybe their starter of the pathetic excuse for a tired old center.

these are expiring contracts, so Bobcats get a free look at young talent. if they don't want them at the end of the year, they are not locked in.

Of course to a Laker fan these players are anything but marginal. If you look at your team objectively, as hard as that might be, you have 2 players with legit value(Kobe and Odom) and 1 with marginal value(Bynum). The rest are "trash" to other teams.

I didn't say the upcoming stars or anything, but they certainly aren't "trash". Mihm could start in place of your pathetic center. the rest are roll players with expiring contracts.

try to think longer term like a GM
Old 08-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #7
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

Quote:

They're getting some center experience, which they might not need, but Mihm is good. Vujacic is a good shooter. Put him at the second string he could give you 10 a night. There's no point in McKie.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
I didn't say the upcoming stars or anything, but they certainly aren't "trash". Mihm could start in place of your pathetic center. the rest are roll players with expiring contracts.

try to think longer term like a GM

If you're trying to suggest that Chris Mihm is as good as Diop/Dampier, then you aren't as rational as I thought.

I am thinking like a GM. I'm realistic. Try it.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #9
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
If you're trying to suggest that Chris Mihm is as good as Diop/Dampier, then you aren't as rational as I thought.

mihm avgd 10 and 6 w/ 1.3blk....diop avg 2 and 4 w/ 1.8 blk....diop is more comparable to Bynum than Mihm, n that's not sayin much considerin Bynum played like 5mins.
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Personally, I think Mihm is on par with Diop/Dampier.... I am not sure what you think is so great about those players... I think you are too hard on Mihm who is a good reliable center with good numbers.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 11:04 PM   #11
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

There's always KG but it'll be ard getting him without Odom involved in the trade.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:01 AM   #12
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Personally, I think Mihm is on par with Diop/Dampier.... I am not sure what you think is so great about those players... I think you are too hard on Mihm who is a good reliable center with good numbers.

They can be counted on to play tough phyiscal DEFENSE. You think Chris Mihm is gonna force Tim Duncan to go 1-7 in OT of a Game 7 like Sagana Diop did?

Delusional if you do.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:58 PM   #13
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

No but Bynum could probably contest some of his shots.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:09 AM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
assuming he goes to the Pacers, what's left? Let me propose the following.

To Bobcats (who need to add contracts, but not long-term older players):
Mihm, Cook, Sasha, McKie, 1st or 2nd round pick (expiring contracts, professionalism in McKie and backcourt depth)

To Lakers:
Bonzi (via S&T, he may have to stay w Charlotte for a few months)
Brevin Knight (Bobcats want to accomodate him by sending to contender, plus they want to start Felton).

I think the math works if Bonzi is getting $7 or $8per.

Thats too much I'd give him 5 million per year....But we have many sf's and Sg's...he is a good rebounder but would u put him at pf then where we have lamar and ronny and cook?

I just cant see how we would fit him in a rotation...he doesnt even know the triangle offense anyways.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I dont know where u got that mihm and cook have no value. Personally mihm is probably underpaid and cook helped in late game situations last year and saying the lakers are a non contending team is a really biast opinion considering lakers had a decent off season making little but significant moves.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: